ORAS LC My LC team's analysis + help needed

Hello n_n

This is my first ever RMT Team, and needless to say, I'm a real noob. This LC team I have built can either do really well (I once beat Sage), or lose many matches matches in a row. I have once peaked at top 16 in LC, but I am now outside of the top 500, due to the instability of my team. That is why I need help, and fast.

My pokemon team is based on an offensive mindset, who can get the job done, without utilizing on too much of switching moves such as Volt Switch, or U-turn. So, most of my matches have been an average of 20-25 turns. I also heavily rely on prediction, to try to get a type advantage, when an unlikely pokemon switches in and taste a 2x super effective move. So shall we get started on my team?

Mienfoo @ Eviolite

Ability: Inner Focus

Level: 5

EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Drain Punch

- Stone Edge

- Knock Off

- Acrobatics

Mienfoo is usually my lead. Boosting a good speed of 17 and a high attack stat of 18, it is used to deter pokemon which wants to set-up, such as Onix or Dwebble. Knock Off is a vital move that almost all pokemon uses, to get rid of Evolite and Berry Juice (from Archen notably). Berry Juice which are common to both Dwebble and Onix will be knocked off, and their lifespan is severely threatened with a followup drain punch. A knock off from Mienfoo usually leaves a pokemon pretty vulnerable to a direct drain punch attack.

I have been criticized too many times on why I used Inner Focus or Regenerator. There is mainly two reasons for this. Against team that uses Meowth, or Aipom ( which are not too common, but also not that rare), it would give a surprise to these mons, as I gain an advantage early by OHGO with drain Punch. Second Reason why I used Inner Focus is due to my Mienfoo being defensively weak, and my team tactic is to use Mienfoo to deal as much damage as possible before dying. As seen from my moveset, Mienfoo is suited for all kinds of 1v1 battle it faced, usually coming out on top with a knock off + **Follow-up move**. It's 17 speed makes it outspeed a lot of pokemon to KO.

Stone Edge is mainly used to deal with Larvesta, which it hopes to be able to get a burn, crippling my Mienfoo. It is also used nicely, if a fletching is used for scouting, like moves on U-turn or Sword Dance. Of course, as a player, I would normally switch ot out, but I have other mons in the team that checks fletching, usually leading it to u-turn right at the start. Since U-turn is not covered under gale wings, Stone Edge OHKO Fletching and gives my tram a huge advantage.

Acrobatic is a move that really stuns an opposing fighting team. With knock off commonly used in this game, even so right at the start of the battle, acrobatic is used against opposing Mienfoo or Timburr, once their Evolite is knocked off, OHKO them in the process, with a superb base power of 110. It is also somewhat useful against opposing Foongus, critically injuring them, allowing my follow-up pokemon to finish it off once Mienfoo is knocked off.

With these movesets, it seems that a lot of pokemon types are checked :

Normal, Dark, Ice, Rock, Steel (Drain Punch)

Flying, Bug (Stone Edge)

All pokemon, specially ghost/psychic (Knock Off)

Acrobactic (Fighting, Grass)

I chose Evolite as Mienfoo's item, as even though this Mienfoo is offensive, it needs to have that little extra bulk to survive hits from opposing pokemon. With Drain Punch active, it should be able to get some health back, while ensuring Mienfoo won't be in critical state after the first attack.

With Mienfoo as lead, opposing pokemon that will come in on a "free switch" and Mienfoo are normally Psychic Type, which is proven to OHKO Mienfoo with their STAB Psychic Attack. This is a important case of Gothita, being able to OHKO Mienfoo with a STAB Psychic after Evolite has been knocked off, or even after Mienfoo is SLIGHTLY Damaged. So here comes my pokemon to take care of this problem. I introduce ...

Munchlax @ Eviolite

Ability: Thick Fat

EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 SpD

Careful Nature

- Body Slam

- Pursuit

- Fire Punch

- Double-Edge

A look at the spreads and the item may also raise some question. Let me explain my choice.

First off, with Abra in almost all teams. A Psychic is an attack to be anticipated since, none of my pokemon are resistant to Psychic. When Munchlax doesn't resist Psychic, it has an impressive 30hp, covered by an astounding 19 sdef. with Evolite boost. With extra bulk given to fire and Ice moves, it does really seem that Munchlax is one of the most defensive pokemon. But most people will overlook it's attack, a surprising 18. So it can function as an offensive bulk based on it's attack, and special defence.

Pursuit is vital in dealing with Psychic pokemon, or even Ghost type, like Gastly. It is used commonly to switch in to Abra's Psychic. Barring a Focus Sash Abra, most of these attacks will deal a rough 9hp damage (30%) to Munchlax, thus being unable to 3HKO it. Hidden Power(Fighting) do a even worser 8 damage, as seen from the following figure. This is also the same story or Gothita, or Gastly, which could hardly even scratch gastly with their STAB Attack.

240 SpA Abra Psychic vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Munchlax: 7-10 (23.3 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

(7, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10)

240 SpA Abra Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Munchlax: 8-10 (26.6 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

(8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 10)

With that, Abra is stuck in a scenario. Most Abra would switch out for a better matchup, but it would normally be greated with a 80bp Pursuit Attack, leaving Abra with just 1 exact hp. Unless Munchlax would be sacked, which will be described later, there are other mons in my team take can finish it with their priority moves. This is vital, as Abra has totally no priority moves to counter. Since Gothia and Gastly are Scarf and Orb respectively, these pokemon would be OHKO if they switch.

However, if they do stay in, their attacks against Munchlax would probably deal around 90% after 3 hits, and Munchlax finishing them off with Pursuit. Munchlax did it's job well in defeating the main threats in my team, with 3 pokemon weak to Psychic, Munchlax does it job well as a "fool-proof" way of eliminating Psychic Pokemon.

Munchlax other moves is also notable. Munchlax can deal an STAB Body Slam, which can damage lot's of pokemon, and a good chance of paralysing them. Fire Punch is specifically deallt for Ferroseed, which is able to critically damage it most of the time. Fire Punch also works well against sun team, such as Bellsrout or Bulbasaur, which Munchlax able to tank both Solarbeam, and taking them out with a sun boosted Fire Punch. Double Edge is used to shock opponent that stalls, such as Porygon. When Body Slam paralyses a pokemon, Munchlax would normally be able to move first, and trainers would think that body slam is unable to 2hko their pokemon will be up for a surprise, as double edge will deal heavy damage and take out pokemon that is paralysis, preventing them from stalling and healing.

Overall, Munchlax is a good all around tank, which uses go to eating up sp.att moves, and dealing heavy damage in return.

As mentioned, both Mienfoo and Munchlax are good attackers, but they will be crippled badly by burns. With Mienfoo leading as a Suicide lead, another fighting pokemon will be given the chance to deal damage, while also absorbing burns. Yup, my third pokemon is :

Timburr @ Eviolite

Ability: Guts

EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD

Careful Nature

- Drain Punch

- Mach Punch

- Knock Off

- Bulk Up

This is the exact moveset from Smogon, but it serves it's purposes in my team. A Will O Wisp from any pokemon and Timburr is ready to boost it's attack with Guts. With it's high Bulk and Evolite, it is able to take a Psychic from Abra, just in case Munchlax was used to dealt with other dangerous threats. Timburr can be used as a late game sweeper when it's threats it's eliminated. Due to it's bulk, Timburr can set-up one or 2 bulk up to start wrecking havoc on opposing teams. Knock Off, is ever so important in ensuring Timburr has a easier chance to deal more damage after getting rid of it's Evolite or Berry Juice. Also, with Evolite and and Bulk up in place, Fletching's Acrobactic doesn't seem so scary anymore, and Timburr can OHKO Fletching with a +2 Drain Punch, recovering lost health from Acrobatic.

+2 116 Atk Timburr Drain Punch vs. 156 HP / 92 Def Fletchling: 22-27 (95.6 - 117.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

(22, 22, 22, 22, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 27)

196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. +2 0 HP / 156 Def Eviolite Timburr: 12-14 (50 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 14)

Timburr works great with pokemon that threatens to burn, such as Chinchou's Scald, or Larvesta's Will o Wisp / Flame Body. It also benefits from a poison from Gastly's Sludge Bomb, finishing Gastly off with a Knock Off. Timburr can also be used to finish off any ghost pokemon should Mienfoo be outspeeded by Gastly, and knocked out by it's STAB Life Orb Sludge Bomb.

Mach Punch is also crucial for Timburr in dealing our priority damage against sash pokemon with Abra or Diglett. It also badly damage Choice Scarf magnemite, preventing it from hit-and-run with Volt Switch. Knock off is used to get rid of it's berry juice, preventing it from recycling.

With 3 pokemon in the list, a common weakness: Fairy, comes into question, notably Spritzee, or intimidate Snubbull, which can wall Mienfoo and Timburr badly. So I have these pokemon in my team to deal with this threat:

Pawniard @ Life Orb

Ability: Defiant

EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Knock Off

- Iron Head

- Power-Up Punch

- Sucker Punch

Pawniard is exceptionally great in dealing these situation. Intimidate from Snubbull would only give Pawniard an attack boost, increasing it's insane attack. Pawniard decent speed of 16 is able to outspeed fairies pokemon, such as Snubbull, An STAB Iron head will be able critically damage Spritzee, while OHKO Snubbull. Power-up-Punch allows Pawniard to function as a late game sweeper, taking out a pokemon with free attack boost, and proceeding to annihilate it's competition with STAB Knock Off and Sucker Punch. It is useful against slower pokemon such as Foongus and Porygon, knocking off it'es Evolite and dealing critical damage. Sucker Punch is a most also, as Priority is important in my team, considering how my team is built based on a good spread of bulk and offence. It is mainly useful against Fletching (Overheat/ Acrobatic) or Diglett, which I must be careful if he uses Substitute. It is also useful in lowering psychic type pokemon to sash health, in case I feel the need Pawniard would be useful.

With a nice priority move, Sticky Web would think twice about lying a sticky web to my team, as it gives Pawniard a free attack boost, and can hit very hard with sucker punch. Life Orb is prefered here, as it's typing isn't one of the best and it attracts many neutral attacks, and is weak to fighting , ground, fire and so on, many of these types common in LC Metagame. Life Orb ensures that Sucker Punch and other STAB move hits hard enough to KO my opponent.

Even though my team is offensive minded, I need to be aware of threats that can be more offensive than me, such as shell smash boost, or sword dance boost. Currently, I do not really have a physical pokemon, or a pokemon that can deal with a STAB Earthquake. So I decided to use this defensive water pokemon:

Shellos @ Eviolite

Ability: Sticky Hold

EVs: 84 HP / 212 Def / 112 SpA / 100 SpD

Bold Nature

- Scald

- Recover

- Clear Smog

- Stockpile

Shellos, in my opinion is one of the best LC pokemon in this game, where it is vital in clutching crucial and vital games. More info on my analysis of Shellos can be seen on my LC Viability Ranking. Shellos works exceptionally well as a sweep breaker, and with it's bulk, and defensive typing with only 2 weakness (Grass/Electric), Shellos can be used to face almost any hard hitting pokemon, and reversing the situation with it's move.

Shellos's main ability, Evolite is pretty epic, as it prevents any pokemon from knocking off that defensive bulk, giving Shellos a permanent increase in it's defensive stats. This is very useful, as there are just too many pokemon in the LC metagame that threatens to steal and knock off one's item to give the team an advantage based on (lesser health/ lesser defence).

Shellos has a Good defensive stats of 25/15/14, giving it a good defence on it's defence and s.def. Most of the common STAB moves are unable to deal more than half of Shellos health, such as Mienfoo's Drain Punch :

236 Atk Mienfoo Drain Punch vs. 84 HP / 212+ Def Eviolite Shellos: 7-9 (28 - 36%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO

(7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9)

and Probably Drilbur

236 Atk Mold Breaker Drilbur Earthquake vs. 84 HP / 212+ Def Eviolite Shellos: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

(9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 12)

Shellos, can do a Scald attack against these threats, with a fair chance to burn it's opponent, rendering them almost useless to defeat Shellos. Shellos can then set-up with Stockpile + Recover, making it harder for Pokemon to break down Shellos even using Super effective move, such as Chinchou's Volt Switch:

232+ SpA Chinchou Volt Switch vs. 84 HP / 100 SpD Eviolite Shellos: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 18)

The stats above doesn't include a weaker Chinchou, or a s.def-boosted Shellos.

Clear Smog next comes into play to prevent a pokemon from making outrageous Sweep. It is particular effective against Tirtouga, which commonly shell smash, taking away it's sturdy status, and a chance to burn and disable Tirtouga. Other notable counters include DD Axew, Corphish, and even Sword Dance Fletching. Overall, Shellos acts as a defensive pokemon one would hope for: Good typing, Recovery moves, Chance to burn, and able to setup defensive stats.

Finally, there is about one last threat that my team faces, and it could be deadly if this pokemon is not taken out. Contrary Snivy, whether Choice Scarf, Life Orb, Evolite or Focus Sash. Snivy can blitz past my team with Leaf Storm. After experimenting many trials and errors, I came up with this pokemon, which I myself am not sure of it's capability, and need your opinion on this:

Skiddo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 164 HP / 156 Atk / 132 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Zen Headbutt
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide

This is a pokemon that I am still trying to work on, as it is hard to work with this with my other team members. It's main cause is sap sipper, which prevents leaf storm, or only grass move from hitting, thereby boosting my attack.

Skiddo has a defensive stats of 25/14/12, which is somewhat decent , and acts like Timburr, with the exception that it is weak to burn. Bulk up is used to reduce incoming damage done by other pokemon. Horn Leech acts like Timburr's drain punch, being able to heal while dealing damage. Zen Headbutt is used to deal with the ever common fighting mons like Mienfoo, and TImburr, while Rock Slide isused to deal with Fletching and Larvesta.

That's all for my team for LC. As mentioned from the start, this team's tactics is used to defeat it's foes and it's weakness, serverly limiting the amount of u-turn/volt-switch in this game. I do appreciate your opinion on this team, including a potential pokemon that can be used to solve Snivy threat. Thanks a lot.

Hi LHXLoisHK, you have a nice team here and its clear that you've learned a lot about LC through laddering with it. A few things can be changed to make this team better though.

-Even though Inner Focus does let you beat Fake Out users, most Fake Out users such as Mienfoo and Aipom aren't very common or are easily played around. Regenerator is a much more useful ability that lets Mienfoo repeatedly come in on threats to your team, such as Pawniard. I'd also recommend using U-turn over Stone Edge because being able to grab momentum for your team is one of the main reasons to use Mienfoo. Acrobatics should be kept in order to lure in and beat Croagunk. In addition, using a more defensive spread will let you come in on Pawniard consistently without losing to Iron Head+Sucker Punch after Knock Off.
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
-Eviolite Munchlax may take hits really easily, but it is easily worn down. To give it longevity, I recommend using Berry Juice>Eviolite. Also, since Ferroseed is setup bait for Timburr, you should use Earthquake>Fire Punch to do more damage to Steel types. Double Edge doesn't help much because Body Slam is what you'd rather use in most situations, so using Recycle lets it get its Berry Juice back and stay healthy.
Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Recycle
-Your team is really weak to Flying types such as Fletchling, and Life Orb Pawniard takes too much damage from their attacks. For this reason, you should run Eviolite>Life Orb Pawniard. This makes use of its resistances thanks to great bulk. In addition, your team lacks Stealth Rock, so you should use Stealth Rock>PU Punch. This helps damage switch-ns and wear down things like Larvesta that give your team problems.
Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
-As of now, your team lacks hazard removal. This means your team is easily worn down and beaten by Spikes Offense, or just by repeated SR switches. To remove hazards, you should use Staryu>Shellos. Staryu not only has Rapid Spin but is also faster than Shellos while not being Croagunk bait.
Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
-Your team has no Fighting resists, so Bulk Up Timburr can easily come in and sweep your team. To give a Fighting resist, you should use CM Spritzee>Skiddo. Spritzee checks not only fighting types but also Pokemon such as Fletchling thanks to its great bulk. It also can serve Skiddo's role as a lategame sweeper.
Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

That's all the changes I have for this team, good luck with it and enjoy your time in LC :)

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Hey LHXLoisHK , hope i'm not too late for a rate! From reading your comments I can see there are some lc mons that irk you, not uncommon for someone's first foray into a tier. I have suggestions, some of which are the same to those of Omastar42 (who is a friend with a quality rate above me), some of which are different.

I see your point with fake out mons (Aipom, Meowth) being annoying. However, Regenerator on Mienfoo is too good to pass up. I would run the set described by Omastar, reproduced in hide tags below:

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

To combat your Fake Out distaste, I recommend a Ferroseed in the last slot, in place of Skiddo. Ferroseed is a pokemon that resists Normal attacks as well as providing a general tank mon that comes into a variety of things commonly found on the lc ladder. The set i use:

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 164 HP / 188 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

This set has several benefits. It adds Stealth Rock to your team, a nearly mandatory move; it affords you an Abra switchin, meaning Munchlax's spot is freed up; it spreads Knock off and status to a greater degree.

Now that you have a switchin for the bothersome Abra, Munchlax seems much less vital. As Oma cited, you are a little weak to fighting-types. His Spritzee seems like a nice pick, as it pairs well with the addition of a Ferroseed.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

You might notice i took Oma's set and made a subtle change: Aromatherapy over Calm Mind. This is because there are other places you can now concentrate your sweeping potential on your team, which i will soon go into.

Omastar42 is right about using Eviolite Pawniard. He recommends using Stealth Rock over Power-up-Punch. But i recommend a different substitution for PuP: Swords Dance. Your team might have a spot of trouble breaking through bulkier teams, but Swords Dance Pawniard does it very well when Fighting-types are removed. You alread have rocks on Ferro, so you wont miss them.

Finally, I read your little blurb about using offensive strats and being predict heavy, a situation I identify with. I agree with omastar you need a spinner. So as a combination of those, I suggest LO Rapid Spin Staryu.
Staryu @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

With this, you get rapid spins off using the thread of Stayu's speed and high SpA, while predicting spinblocks (usually done w/ pump) and hitting with Ice Beam for the 2hko. It can clean up offense lategame with strong moves.

TO SUMMARIZE:

Fast Bulky Regen Mienfoo / Eviolite SD Pawniard / Ferroseed / Aroma Spritzee / LO Rapid Spin Staryu / Timburr.

Good luck!

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What up my man, welcome to LC!

First off, some of your sets are little funky. You say that you have Mienfoo in order to stop things like Dwebble or Onix, but in reality you don't stop what they do at all. At best they lay down Stealth Rocks, at worst they deal a bit of damage to Mienfoo or in Dwebble's case they get SR + a layer of Spikes. If you aren't going to run Regenerator Mienfoo, the least you could do is to run something cooler, like Band Mienfoo + Reckless. Either way, Inner Focus + 4 atk has got to go. My personal suggestion is to replace either Acrobatics or Stone Edge with Taunt, replace Inner Focus with Regenerator, and change the EV spread to hit 196 Def. Tauntfoo helps to alleviate pressure on the team, albeit taunting slower hazard layers like Hippopotas or Lileep or something, or even forcing speed ties against things like Surskit and Onix. The EV spread you have now is really subpar. As it is, you are really demolished by Pawniard, as Timburr is easily worn down. A simple CM Spritz+Pawniard absolutely demolishes you. The Defense investment helps to make it so Pawniard doesn't just KO you with Iron Head + Sucker Punch after Eviolite is removed. The Defense investment is also a lot more beneficial if you aren't using moves like High Jump Kick, because the Attack investment is essentially useless.

As to Munchlax, I personally find it to be a really cool Pokemon to use! Double-Edge is extremely useless, however, and I personally find your EV spread to be inefficient. Munchlax's main job as it is right now is to eliminate Abra, Gastly, and Gothita, while spreading paralysis with Body Slam, and also just simply being an offtank. As of right now, Double-Edge is simply counter-productive. I would replace it with Recycle as this allows Munchlax to continue being useful throughout the match (since you can now Recycle against things like Amaura, non CM Spritzee, Abra). Double-Edge's recoil is simply too dumb on a mon with no reliable recovery. Also, if you really wanted to use a high base power Normal-type STAB, simply go with Return at 140 BP. Your EV spread is also inefficient. With zero EVs the only Pokemon you miss out on a chance to KO (full 236+ doesn't even OHKO Scarf Gothita all the time with Pursuit) is Gothita. Both Gastly and Abra are killed if they switch out, which they have no reason not to (in two turns you win). Move those Attack EVs into HP. 33 Health Munchlax is no joke, and takes piss damage from Abra and other strong Special Attackers. I prefer to run Impish, for the extra Defense, but if you feel so inclined you can run Careful for the 19 Special Defense. A point on Pawniard that doesn't warrant its own paragraph, Power-up Punch is a gimmick i made, you're better off just running either Thunder Wave or Swords Dance, depending on how you want Pawniard to function.

Honestly, you say your team handles Spritzee well, but in its current state it really doesn't. CM Spritzee simply runs through your team, and can lure in its own checks with Moonblast (Pawniard is easily worn down, for example). I suggest switching Shellos out for Skrelp. Skrelp is a really cool mon that helps to blast holes through the enemy team, while also checking things like Spritzee and Mienfoo. You have cool insurance against Diglett with Pawniard / Mienfoo / Timburr, so I don't think that running Skrelp will make you any more Diglett weak. Skrelp's Scald hits a lot more powerful than Shellos' ever would, and it has Sludge Wave to catch out things like Spritzee and Snubbull. I would be careful of a Earthquake, however. Personally, I would run Hidden Power Grass so things like Omanyte cannot set up on you, however that does make you slightly more weak to FerroSpritz cores, since without Hidden Power Fire you cannot burst through both of them.

Lastly, Skiddo just isn't cutting it. Skiddo is a kinda gimmicky, unviable Pokemon, that usually tends to be placed onto Sticky Web teams as a Snivy counter. It is really not all that good to begin with. Looking at your team as is, you are a bit weak to Fletchling. You also have only a semi-reliable way of getting rid of hazards, Taunting with Mienfoo and keeping up the pressure. My suggestion would be to replace Skiddo with
Archen. Archen is cool in that it can Defog away hazards, isn't affected by Sticky Web, isn't trapped by Diglett, and can still pressure offensively. It also can check Fletchling, if you wanted it to. A set that I have been using lately is Itemless Roost, which you can use. Or you could use the Berry Juice set, whichever you prefer. I would go with a moveset of Acrobatics / Defog / Roost / Earthquake if you are going Itemless, and Acrobatics / Defog / Earthquake / Rock Slide if you are going for the Berry Juice set. Alright, I hope I helped out your team! Good luck on the ladder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)