ORAS OU My Mega Gardevoir team (RMT peaked just below 1400)

Hello all,

This is actually the second Mega Gardevoir team I have put together and it seems to be working decently but im always open to suggestions and feedback.

THE MAIN TEAM

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock
- Taunt

The star of the team! She is a beast if you switch her out at the right time but gets ripped apart by physical sweepers who are faster then her. I run 24 in Def on the EV spread because I find a small sacrifice in damage for a small chance to survive a physical attack is worth it to me. Granted this doesnt work for all attacks (STAB earthquake and strong steel moves are almost guaranteed to kill her). But on occassions I do live through an ordinarrly fatal attack. I keep switchnig between HP Ground and Focus Blast but am currently running HP ground as the low accuracy of Focus Blast was killing me several times, so I guess it was sort of out of rage however I may opt back for focus blast. Taunt is there to deal with stallers such as Chansey and Psyshock for the special walls. Asside from HP ground this seems to be the standard G mega set, 95% of the time I usually am just spamming hyper voice anyway.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

My special defense wall and entry hazard member. The Ev spread is reccommended directly from smogon however Im thinking I may just go all into SpD as appose to any speed as he usually gets out sped anyway, thoughts on this? I run Roar because I was tired of Dragon Dancers setting up on me as well as forcing some switches to increase the damage from Stealth Rock. The main reason like I said for roar is to deal with boost stacking pokemon. I find it works great with Gardevoir simply to shut down any sort of team that deals with sub/baton pass and stat boosts in general.

Slowbro (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

My physical wall and general staller. This guy has been working out great for me as there are so many physical sweepers that this guy stalls against that give Gardevoir issues (M-Metagross, Azumarril, Gyrados, Landorus T, Exadrill, Mega Charizard X/Y, Lopunny Mega, Talonflame) the list goes on. Its this guys job to try and whittle them down with both toxic and his item Rocky Helmet (which I have found works better then leftovers in many situations). His ability and slack off can keep him pretty healthy throughout the match which is why I went with the helmet instead of leftovers. His weaknesses consist of the numerous mons running U-turn and Knock off these days. I currently am running Psyshock but sometimes I use Fire Blast instead (I cant decide what I like better at the moment). Psyshock is great for fighting types and ghosts that try to switch in on me, and fire blast is better for the steel sweepers out there such as Sczior and Metagross.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

My hazard control and backup special sweeper. The EV spread and nature try's to maximize speed to both get off defog if need be or to revenge kill. HP fire is my answer to steels and even some annoying grass types if Heatran or Slowbro cant deal with them. Draco Meteor and Psyshock are standard moves here both good stabs and Draco Meteor namely is useful for generally dealing with anything I have trouble getting passed or something that needs to be destroyed immediately.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

This is a non tradditional Conkeldurr set and ill explain it a bit. The combination of Life Orb and Sheer Force let him hit like a truck as they BOTH add a 1.3x multiplier to his moves. I choose this guy because I really needed an answer to both dark and fairy types that give me issues. Ice punch will OHKO gliscor and landorus T along with a few Dragons out there. No one seems to expect thunder punch on this guy which makes him great at dealing with Azumarril, Keldeo, Gyrados, and any flying type that isnt actually running a flying move which seems to be common. There has been so many games I start off with this guy as my lead and OHKO their lead or switch him in for an unexpected kill. The overall coverage of this guy is amazing and he helps me deal with alot mons that simply give Gardevoir issues.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash

Ok so to start off i've been experimenting with this instead of Bisharp and am a bit indecisive on which works better at the moment but I do like this guys utility alot. This guy acts as a SpA Baton passer as I have found it can work wonders if executed successfully. The above EV dist is to help him survive while getting off Nasty Plots. I have been playing with the Speed EV's and trying to find a healthy medium. As I start to learn his biggest threats Ill just the speed accordingly. I actually have a wide choice of who to baton pass to. Sometimes ill do it to Latios if there are too many physical threads for gard or steel types floating around as Latios runs HP Fire. Slowbro is also a great option as it turns him into both a wall and a very hard hitter. Togekiss could also directly utillize the nasty plots as Air Slash is a special move and will cause flinching 60% of the time. I usually never pass it to heatran however as I find he gets killed usually alot faster then slowbro or latios.

OTHER PICKS USED IN THE PAST

so these are some picks I have used in the past that are no longer on the main team. This does not mean I consider them bad or un viable for this team its simply me trying new things and adjusting to different threats over time. In fact if you think one of these guy should replace one of my primary members feel free to let me know! Im not gonna go into as much detail on them above for now but I might add more info on them over time

Bisharp (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Currently switching between him and togekiss and trying both out. Lum berry is to bait a status move and get off a free sword dance

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

used to use this guy as a lead scout and revenge killer (I forgot who replaced him).

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

I actually used to run this guy instead of slowbro and put toxic on heatran. I miss certain aspects of this guy like sand stream to deal with rain teams.

Thanks for taking the time to review my team! hope you enjoyed, feel free to leave comments and suggestions below

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash

Conkeldurr (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Slowbro (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Hey man, team looks pretty solid. I just have a couple of questions that may help you a bit. What are you trying to outspeed with conkeldurr? Considering you are running bulky offense over hyper offense, maybe you could try passing calm minds with something over nasty plots to maintain longevity over pure nuking power. Otherwise Slowbro, Gardevoir and Latios will be quickly forced out and won't be able to get much use out of the +2 special attack.

Other than that, all I can recommend is a little extra speed on the team to prevent getting run over by hyper offense, but that's all I've got.

styie

Formerly known as Freedom.
Hey man,

very interesting team, I did notice Mega-Metagross is very annoying to this team, it can really do a large number to it to say the least, and could be very hard to deal with depending on its set. I know the first thing to do when you see one, is to switch to slowbro, but if you havent noticed they do carry grass knot namely for slowbro's/suicune etc. any bulky water that could potentially wall it. Also if they don't carry grass knot the carry ice punch, which is very annoying, I guess you could always scout on the slowbro, but what's the point of that if you have no switch-in? don't want to tell you to add mons/fix your team up but you can always take this into consideration.

styie

also, this isn't really relevant, but I am familiar with that lure conk, I've been using it with DD Zard-x lately and it's actually really amazing! most people will switch-in their azu's or clefable and poison jab catches Azumarill's/Clefable's on the switchin and believe it or not it OHKO's azumarill and does like 75% to a 252/252 Def clefable which aren't really common but I think LO Sheer Force Conk is really damn good, nice choice fren! :]

Hey man, team looks pretty solid. I just have a couple of questions that may help you a bit. What are you trying to outspeed with conkeldurr? Considering you are running bulky offense over hyper offense, maybe you could try passing calm minds with something over nasty plots to maintain longevity over pure nuking power. Otherwise Slowbro, Gardevoir and Latios will be quickly forced out and won't be able to get much use out of the +2 special attack.

Other than that, all I can recommend is a little extra speed on the team to prevent getting run over by hyper offense, but that's all I've got.

Thanks glad you like the team =) For Conkel I mainly try to out speed Azumarril, Clefable and Lando T. However his speed is pretty low and I usually just OHKO them after a turn. I will consider Calm Mind on Togekiss as you raise a valid point of survivability. I will also play with the speed EV's because like you said the team feels a bit slow right now

Hey man,

very interesting team, I did notice Mega-Metagross is very annoying to this team, it can really do a large number to it to say the least, and could be very hard to deal with depending on its set. I know the first thing to do when you see one, is to switch to slowbro, but if you havent noticed they do carry grass knot namely for slowbro's/suicune etc. any bulky water that could potentially wall it. Also if they don't carry grass knot the carry ice punch, which is very annoying, I guess you could always scout on the slowbro, but what's the point of that if you have no switch-in? don't want to tell you to add mons/fix your team up but you can always take this into consideration.
Yes you are right I actually used to use fire punch for that reason on conkuldurr when I had a raikou on the team. I try to answer metagross with HP fire on latios or HP ground on gardevoir. All in all its a hard mon for me to deal with and it really comes down to latios to deal with him, because gard really cant stand against him. I may opt to put fire punch back on conkuldurr in the future

styie

Yes you are right I actually used to use fire punch for that reason on conkuldurr when I had a raikou on the team. I try to answer metagross with HP fire on latios or HP ground on gardevoir. All in all its a hard mon for me to deal with and it really comes down to latios to deal with him, because gard really cant stand against him. I may opt to put fire punch back on conkuldurr in the future
Do you mind me asking what soul purpose togekiss does for your team bar nasty pass? you already have a fairy on your team, possibly switching that to physically def hippo to check metagross? I suppose that does nothing if he has grass knot, so if that doesn't interest you, maybe counter skarm? To check metagross. these are just ideas plus it gives your team a little backbone? Hope I helped :]

Do you mind me asking what soul purpose togekiss does for your team bar nasty pass? you already have a fairy on your team, possibly switching that to physically def hippo to check metagross? I suppose that does nothing if he has grass knot, so if that doesn't interest you, maybe counter skarm? To check metagross. these are just ideas plus it gives your team a little backbone? Hope I helped :]
Honestly aside from baton pass it really does not do much else. My biggest threats right now are like you said are metagross and essentially any fast physical sweeper specifically ground and steel ones. I have never tried skarmory but will certainly give it a try, it might work out. Thanks for the suggestion, would you mind posting a move set and EV spread for him?

styie

Honestly aside from baton pass it really does not do much else. My biggest threats right now are like you said are metagross and essentially any fast physical sweeper specifically ground and steel ones. I have never tried skarmory but will certainly give it a try, it might work out. Thanks for the suggestion, would you mind posting a move set and EV spread for him?
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird/Counter

Hi. i really like the idea of Sheer Force Conkeldur. Many teams are unprepared for it just because of the amazing coverage moves it gets. But i want to make a few suggestions. First drop Life Orb for Choice Band. The biggest weakness fo Conkeldurr is its speed. Most pokemon can volt switch on it, get the last hit of, its easly worn down. Adding LO reacoil would be just too much, you wouldnt be able to recover it with drain punch. Onto the moveset: change thunderpunch for Mach Punch. It makes Conk a great revenge killer, while thunder punch isnt that good since most of the flying types are weak to ice anyway. Also id be better to make your spread: 132 hp 252 atk 124 spe, adamant nature so you get to outspeed clefable while you stay bulky.

Another change i recomend you too do is drop Rock Helmet on Slowbro for the Leftovers. Why:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 156-184 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 156-184 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
You simply dont want to risk the dmg roll. Also i have a small moveset suggestion: go with thunder wave rather than toxic. You use Slowbro to stop sweepers like Mega Charizard X or Metagross. You cant do much to them to prevent a sweep now, but with twave they cant do much.

The pokemon that is really scarry for you team is 3atks mega scizor. After SD it just wins. To fix that you can change your heatrans spread to 252 hp, 16 spedef, 240 spe, calm nature, so you can outspeed any adamant variant. The second thing ive noticed about your heatran is that its your only answer to talonflame (the Bulk Up variants invest in spedef so much slowbro's scald doesnt hurt them enough to prevent the set up). If it carries taunt it can set up on you up to +6 and sweep your team. By adding Ancient Power over earth power you dont give them any space.

Looking at your team as a whole i noticed a few weaknesses. Manaphy, Choice Banded Dragonite, CM Mega Slowbro, SD Garchomp (the Stone Edge ones) give you much trouble. Also you dont have anything to absorb status moves or get rid of it. I recomend putting Unawere Clefable in place of Togekiss. Its a glue that can make your team really hard to break down. I cant see any problem that yout team can have after making these changes.

Sets:

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Ancient Power
- Roar

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind/Wish
- Moonlight/Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Hi. i really like the idea of Sheer Force Conkeldur. Many teams are unprepared for it just because of the amazing coverage moves it gets. But i want to make a few suggestions. First drop Life Orb for Choice Band. The biggest weakness fo Conkeldurr is its speed. Most pokemon can volt switch on it, get the last hit of, its easly worn down. Adding LO reacoil would be just too much, you wouldnt be able to recover it with drain punch. Onto the moveset: change thunderpunch for Mach Punch. It makes Conk a great revenge killer, while thunder punch isnt that good since most of the flying types are weak to ice anyway. Also id be better to make your spread: 132 hp 252 atk 124 spe, adamant nature so you get to outspeed clefable while you stay bulky.

Another change i recomend you too do is drop Rock Helmet on Slowbro for the Leftovers. Why:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 156-184 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 156-184 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
You simply dont want to risk the dmg roll. Also i have a small moveset suggestion: go with thunder wave rather than toxic. You use Slowbro to stop sweepers like Mega Charizard X or Metagross. You cant do much to them to prevent a sweep now, but with twave they cant do much.

The pokemon that is really scarry for you team is 3atks mega scizor. After SD it just wins. To fix that you can change your heatrans spread to 252 hp, 16 spedef, 240 spe, calm nature, so you can outspeed any adamant variant. The second thing ive noticed about your heatran is that its your only answer to talonflame (the Bulk Up variants invest in spedef so much slowbro's scald doesnt hurt them enough to prevent the set up). If it carries taunt it can set up on you up to +6 and sweep your team. By adding Ancient Power over earth power you dont give them any space.

Looking at your team as a whole i noticed a few weaknesses. Manaphy, Choice Banded Dragonite, CM Mega Slowbro, SD Garchomp (the Stone Edge ones) give you much trouble. Also you dont have anything to absorb status moves or get rid of it. I recomend putting Unawere Clefable in place of Togekiss. Its a glue that can make your team really hard to break down. I cant see any problem that yout team can have after making these changes.

Sets:

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Heatran @ Leftovers
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Ancient Power
- Roar

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind/Wish
- Moonlight/Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
I just want to make a quick statement about the conkeldurr. Sheer force makes it so that only drain punch has recoil from life orb.

styie

Sets:

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Heatran @ Leftovers
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Ancient Power
- Roar

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind/Wish
- Moonlight/Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
dude that is the point of LO sheer force conk. It's a lure conk, so his job is to catch fairies such as azumarill and clefable on the switch-in and OHKO with poison jab. he's not supposed to stay in on it he just lures and kills, that easy!

dude that is the point of LO sheer force conk. It's a lure conk, so his job is to catch fairies such as azumarill and clefable on the switch-in and OHKO with poison jab. he's not supposed to stay in on it he just lures and kills, that easy!
well sometimes your opponent might get the switch in like after he sacks sth he can bring in clefable to revenge kill. thats why you run speed.
why lo isnt that improtant?
90% of the players know what conkeldurr can do. no landorus is going to stay in on a ice punch. any good player would scout first checking if you have poison jab before sending in his clef or azu. the second thing is you need good recovery which lo drain punch cant provide.

Thanks drama for the suggestions I agree with most of them and will make the changes. As for Conkuldurr I think both the set I currently have and your set are viable with trade offs. The main reason for thunderpunch is not for flying types but for water types, namley Azumarril and Keldeo. I think its really a choice of durability and longevity in the case of your set, vs more damage and prediction in the case of mine. Im not saying your set is bad it just seems like a differant style which I will defintley try out as im always open to trying new sets. Thanks again for the insight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)