My Origional Team

I started out with my favorites and tweaked it until it worked well in the doubles room. I peaked at 1613 ELO using this team alone, so it can't be that bad.

Deflector Dish (Meowstic) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunder Wave
- Quick Guard
- Safeguard

My lead mon, his job is to mess with the enemy leads, providing Fake out support and quick guard support against faster opponent fake outs. Safeguard is my primary anti-spore tactic, and also stops swagger (growls) will o Wisp, toxic, or any other status move the opponent may want to inflict on my team. Thunder wave is used for speed control, and when the opponent can't move I count that as a bonus. Quick Guard is also handy for sucker punch and Gale Wings Talonflame.

Trogdor Burninator (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Hp / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

When most opponents see the Charizard in the preview they think, "Again? Another Charizard Y." This allowes this particular set to catch them off guard, and usually get a free dragon dance in. At that point aside from priority it will outspeed most of the meta, and with a +1 flare blitz you have an 87.5% chance to OHKO Landorus-T on the switch in. I use him as a mid to late game sweeper.
(Also, it is the only Fire/Dragon in the game so it is the only mon capable of bearing the name Trogdor)

Spikey Death Trap (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Sdef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Fairly standard anti-Mega Kangaskhan counter, deals 28% damage to the opponent when they come into contact with him. Leech Seed, for obvious reasons, allowing him to tank against non grass types. Power whip for powerful stab. I chose Iron Head over Gyro Ball because of the overwhelming abundance of trick room in the doubles meta, I want the power when they aren't much faster than him. Brave and 0 Spd EV's for the same reason.

and...PUNCH!!! (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

A fairly common set with a speed tweak to help against trick room, the assault vest and fairly high HP/Def stats allow him to survive almost all non super effective hits while he comes back and drain punches the ever living daylights out of the opponent. Ice Punch for coverage against Landorus, Thunderus, Dragonite, Garchomp, the list goes on. Knock off to take out evolite users. Mach Punch for when I really need to go first and Guts because safeguard isn't reliable enough.

Poke! (Aegislash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Another bulky attacker, He isn't going to be out speeding anything with a base speed 60, so I go with the trick room set up again. Shadow ball and flash cannon give almost perfect coverage and wide guard stops earthquake, heat wave, and rock slide, all of which would be devastating to the rest of the team. King's Shield brings him out of attack mode so it is necessary.

How am i dragon? (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Energy Ball

For a long time I have searched for a mon that could take this spot. I tried Thunderus-I, Landerous-I and Jolteon, but I finally decided on this. Draco Meteor and Psyshock are the main stab moves and Ice beam and Energy Ball provide great support. The choice specs mean that he will almost always go out firs with Mewostic, nuke something with one of the 4 moves and then switch into either Ferrothorn or Aegislash.

So what do you all think? Can I make any more improvements?

Last edited:
I recommend you this set with life orb , timid nature for Latios it's more like a OU set because in doubles it's rare to use latios:

• Draco Meteor-STAB; does massive amounts of damage with very little able to withstand it.
  • Surf-Gives type coverage; gets powered up by the rain.
  • Psyshock-STAB; lets him hit physically despite being a special sweeper.
  • Hidden Power[Fire]-Breaks through steel types like Ferrothorn and Scizor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)