My OU Wi-Fi Team

I wanted to make a team that i could use on wifi (I know Zapdos is a problem, if someone would help me) and I wanted to have Scizor and Infernape in it. It keeps the style of offence, with some walls.

After some testing and editing. This is what I got:

In depth:

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk/252 Spatk/192 Spd
Nature: Naive
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

I got the tip to Let Ape switch places with Mamoswine, because Infernape is better in setting up rocks, and mamo would be my physical sweeper counter. So fake out is for breaking other leads' shashes. Then setting up rocks (and surviving because of the Sash), and killing the opponents' lead except with Aerodactyl and Hippodown. His 2 120 base power STABs are enough to kill the other common leads.

Mamosine @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Snow Cloack
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor

I just like my mammoth. He HAD the position of lead, but after a rate and some testing, it showed that he couldn't set up SR all the time. This is why I changed positions with Infernape. The strategy is to use substitute and use moves behind it. It can even destroy priority users like Scizor and Lucario by subbing at the switch and keep subbing until the Hp is down. Then it is time to use endeavor, while the opponent destroys the sub and ice sharding for the win. Liecy Berry is for extra power in the pinch.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

With Choice Band, Scizor’s attack reaches almost 600, to take care of pokemon. With his 9 resistances and 1 immunity, Scizor can easily switch in and get the KO. U-Turn is for scouting the opponent and switching to a counter. Bullet punch get powered up with Technician and STAB to wreak havoc with priority. Superpower is for Pokémon that resist Bullet Punch and Pursuit is for trapping Ghost and Psychic types. Scizor is my ideal scout and revenge killer.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/156 Def/218 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

My team really dislikes entry hazards so I needed a spinner. Taking the huge weakness of Scizor and weaknesses of Infernape in account, Starmie was the best option (tentacruel is also possible, but i have starmie already in the game), because he packs a punch himself. Rapid spin is (of course) to take the entry hazards away, Surf is for the general damage, and Thunderbolt takes care of opposing waters and DD Gyarados. Speaking of DD Gyarados. With these EV’s, Starmie can switch in on the DD, take an Earthquake and OHKO with Tunderbolt. Recover is to heal Starmie for later. Starmie dislikes pursuit users/Ghost types. The Pursuit users are mostly Scizor and Ttar, who are handled by infernape and the ghost types get scared by Scizor’s Pursuit. If the pursuiter get's in when starmie is still there, I prefer to attack instead of switch, to deliver some damage to make it easier for the team-mates to handle.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/228 Def/32 Spd
Nature: Bold
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power (Ice) /Hidden Power (Grass)
- Roar/Heat Wave

Zapdos is my Phisical Tank, to keep my sweepers alive and stop the opponent’s sweep. Is it also good in stopping extremespeed Lucario who would crush infernape. Thunderbolt is for damage. Roost Is for healing and losing the ice beam weakness for a while but watch out with EQ. hidden power ice is for Gliscor and Dragonite, Hp grass is for Swampert and ground types. Heat Wave is for Scizor and Grass types. And roar is for phasing and getting Stealth Rock Damage.

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/152 SpAtk/106 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

My pokemon instead of blissey because it was more raw power: Togekiss. With a high Special Defence, it can switch into many special attacks and set up. After a Nasty Plot, togekiss is a force to be reckond with. With a 60% flinch rate with air slash and a no miss aura sphere, togekiss is hard to counter. The EVs given provides me with enough Speed to outrun Adamant Tyranitar so that it does not spoil Togekiss´ fun. Blissey or Snorlax can’t stop him either, since after two Nasty Plots Togekiss can 2HKO Blissey with ease by using Air Slash, hopefully flinching, and then finishing it off with an Aura Sphere.

That is my team. I hope someone can help me with getting a good zapdos like that. I can get the rest.

A question. Do I need perfect ivs for the pokemon to battle on wifi or doesn’t it matter?

EDITs:
Chanced item (starmie) from life orb to Leftovers.
Chanced positions for Ape and Mamo.
Ape is Fake Out Lead and Mamo is physicial endeavor user.

I made a synergy chart for this team so here it is:

Not really a rate, but Timid over Modest on Infernape, as Speed is much more preferably once you reach 300+.

Also, you left Nature and a few other things out of Togekiss' description.

Good luck on the team!

the bump

so here is the bump. I'm back from vacation. I chanced the nature of Ape to Naive, because of Close Combat.

And for Wifi. I already got mamo and togekiss with the right moves and ev's. just not perfect Iv's. Is that a problem?

Okay, nice team you got there, i'm struggling to find one pokemon that can seriously wreak havoc against your team. Except possibly SD Lucario. But to the main issue first:

Mamoswine. I'm sorry, but have you tested it yet? How often does it set up rocks? I envision the most likely outcome is someone attacks you with their lead, you endeavor, then Ice Shard, leaving you at 1 HP. Then, someone with a priority move picks off Mamo. Therefore, no rocks. Or worse, they have a Fake Out lead, like Infernape. They Fake Out and break your sash, then switch to someone else to kill off Mamo. Again, no rocks.

Other than that, i foresee the only other problem you might see is an SD Lucario sweep. Adamant Lucario with Swords Dance/Ice Punch/Crunch/Close Combat, could wreck your whole team, heck, so could Agility Lucario, since your only Priority move is Bullet Punch from Scizor. I see a lot of Nasty Plot users on your team, more specially based, only Mamo is physical, so you lack a good counter to physical sweepers, since they bypass your Togekiss's high Special Defense.

Your Mamo could easily revenge kill a Lucario, just EQ while it fails to OHKO you, and Ice Shard if need be. In which case, go with a Fake Out Infernape lead. Basically, just switch the first two pokemon around. Mamo can afford to lose SR, and Ape changes NP to Fake Out.

Also, on Wifi, it depends who you battle, but perfect IV's are always better, barring HP users. All i can say is that if you can get them, by all means do, but don't fuss if you can't. You're not the only one who doesn't want to sit through years of breeding to get a single perfect pokemon.

I think you're right, the fake out Ape breaks sashes and can set up rocks and still keep the sash alive. The rocks are important to turn 2HKO's into OHKO's. I can still drop SR on Mamo, because it is a buyable tm in HG. Thanks for the review, I'm changing the team soon with an edit in the first post.

Now my final thing with WIFI is: I think I need to start over with leafgreen to get a unscathed good natured Zapdos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)