ORAS OU My VoltTurn Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I was just having some fun in randoms and figured I'd give OU a run...

Pi-VOLT (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

This guy is amazing for switching into fire and bulky waters and is half of my VoltTurn core! I used him in BW2 gen 5 ou in the rain (broken amirite?) he makes fighting a rain team pretty funny!

Smash-Turn (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

As the dex says, this guy is a total kick in the teeth when you are unprepared and technician makes Bullet Punch a real late game clean up if I've gotten out rocks... I've also been saved and won matches with him as my last against latias and ghosts with banded knock offs....

Broken af tbh fam (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
This guy has swept entire teams and is a ridiculous mid, early and late game factor of frustration for my unprepared opponents. I have two taunters, so I went with glare to cripple fast opponents.

Deoxys-D (2k16) (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Skill Swap
- Taunt

The silly nickname is no lie, this guy does for me what I saw trainers using Deoxys-D for back in the days of his OU infamy. Skill Swap mind games are absolutely hilarious!

Tara the Android (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish ->Protect (10/29/2016)
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

I must say that now that this girl has replaced togekiss.. I FEEEEEL FANTAAASTIC. HEY HEY HEY.
It checks electric and dragons and nothing beats megavolving back someones status move or entry hazard :D

Clefable's Shadow (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex -> Shadow Ball (10/29/16)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb -> Sludge Wave (10/29/2016)

Another powerful pivot into normal type attacks, Clefable's shadow can cripple the opposition so well.

I'm open to any suggestions. Thank you all for looking!

Last edited:
Hey there! Nice team! Especially since you sound like you're not used to playing OU.

A couple suggestions.

1. Protect>Rock Polish on Diancie. Trust me, I know Diancie, she's great and all, but it's so hard to set up without rocks. Granted, you do have Glare Support but I'm too paranoid to count on that.

2. Fire Blast or even U-Turn over Skill Swap. Yeah, I know it's a fun move, but Fire Blast and Taunt lets you shut down Ferrothorn and other key mons, especially Clefable, even though you can't do much back to her except Explode.

3. Hex Gengar is bad. There's no easy way to set it. I'd opt for a max/max timid nature set like you're using now but with Sludge Wave, since there's really no sense in not using wave since it's higher BP, hitting Clefable harder and also not being affected by Chesnaught who looks like he can be pretty annoying to this team if given a chance.

4. If your VoltTurn team dies, Scarf Garchomp and other fast Ground Types can wreck you, like Excadrill in Sand. This probably won't be a problem, but it's something to consider. Also I think opposing Serperior can be kind of a pain in the ass.

A really nice team though.

7.5/10

I'll be happy to help out more, my account on showdown is also Avarice87. Peace!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'll have to lock your RMT as your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the forum rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)