Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

lol Naruto
This.

Not to sound like a douche but i was correct in all my "predictions". Though that's not something to be proud off. The weird thing is, did all you guys need the explanation of his powers? Because i always assumed his powers worked like that ever since the Sasuke/Itachi fight where he is trying to stall them. Ever since then i knew exactly how his powers worked and i thought everybody else knew too. I did not know for sure Kamui was connected though.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
he isn't obito he just has obito's eye, like when danzou used shisui's eye or the same way he has rinnegan lol...he even said he got the eye at the bridge, as in took it from obito's corpse.

Dunno if it's just me, but I don't see anything?
Kannabi Bridge was where Obito supposedly died during the Third Shinobi World War. Though it doesn't 100% confirm it's Obito since someone could of took his eye, but the probability that Obito is Tobi is much higher now.

@Vader: I'm just going to point out that Tobi has lied before....

Edit: Also, did this Chapter just came out late or what?

Lol I meant I literally didn't see anything load on that link, not anything regarding the story...

Anyways I looked it up on the Wiki, so anyways regardless what gets me is how Obito's eye (regardless of who's using it) survived, I mean it seemed hinted that a crushed sharingan is worthless like when Danzo crushed Shisui's eye so Tobi couldn't use it. So either somehow when Obito got crushed by a rock maybe some odd hole in the rock didn't crush the eye with it? Or like The Diverman said, Obito has been trolling more than once so far...hell I wouldn't be surprised if it's another Orochimaru clone/body at this point.

Forgive my noobishness, I have only very loosely been following Naruto since the Pain arc, but why does it matter if Tobi is Obito? Besides raising further questions, what changes depending on whether it's just his eye or actually him? Seems rather irrelevant to me, but again I'm only loosely following.

v

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if he IS obito then he's kakashi's childhood friend who have him the sharingan and it also means the Tobi we saw interact with yondaime was like 15-18, not older as he appears to be. tobi is def sage of six paths

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Forgive my noobishness, I have only very loosely been following Naruto since the Pain arc, but why does it matter if Tobi is Obito? Besides raising further questions, what changes depending on whether it's just his eye or actually him? Seems rather irrelevant to me, but again I'm only loosely following.
Because it's so obvious it's driving us crazy. It has been built up for Tobi to be Obito for so long we just want the reveal to happen and get it done with.

if he IS obito then he's kakashi's childhood friend who have him the sharingan and it also means the Tobi we saw interact with yondaime was like 15-18, not older as he appears to be. tobi is def sage of six paths
That is a big leap no matter what idea you jump from.

Yeah i'm sorry but how is an 15-18 year old Obito fighting the Yondaime any more crazy than a 1000+ year old dude that was said to be dead that also happened to believe in absolutely nothing Tobi has been ranting about.

v

kakuzu was indeterminably ancient, and rinnegan has been shown to have power over life and death so sage of six paths being alive still isn't THAT farfetched considering
-he has rinnegan and said he "gave" nagato the rinnegan
-he knows about the ten-tailed beast in more detail than anyone else
-he had long hair in the flashback, similar to the silhouettes we've seen of sixpath sage
-tobi is known to collect "useful eyes" so it would make perfect sense from him to take obito's eyes

if he isn't sage of six paths he could be the uchiha progenitor son of sixpath sage

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Just read the latest chapter. The suspense is freaking killing me, even though it might be obvious.

I believe he's Obito

Yeah i'm sorry but how is an 15-18 year old Obito fighting the Yondaime any more crazy than a 1000+ year old dude that was said to be dead that also happened to believe in absolutely nothing Tobi has been ranting about.
Consider how old Naruto and Sasuke are right now and who've they have fought. So yeah...and considering Tobi had the surprise advantage over Yondaime as well as a space time jutsu unknown to him, anything happens in Ninja world. Besides, Yondaime can't have been past his mid-20s when he died IMO, so you're looking at a 10 year age difference at best if it's Obito somehow.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually it could have just been a super long-term plan. Considering when Obito awakened his sharigan it had two of the dots on it at the start. Which means he could have been secretly training to strengthen his eyes. When the rock falls he makes half of his body in the other dimension. Saving his eye and allowing him to be dead to the shinobi world -- where he can then start his plan from the ground up!

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
If that were the case and Obito is Tobi, does that mean he didn't know how his spacetime jutsu worked and thusly accidentally gave the Leaf Village the precise power they needed to stop his plan when he gave kakashi his eye?

No, I'm not buying it. I may be wrong, but I don't think stupidity and sheer ignorance will be the reason they're allowed to reading rainbow their way to victory against Tobi.

I do think Tobi is using Obito's eye, but I don't think they are the same person.

Matthew

If that were the case and Obito is Tobi, does that mean he didn't know how his spacetime jutsu worked and thusly accidentally gave the Leaf Village the precise power they needed to stop his plan when he gave kakashi his eye?

No, I'm not buying it. I may be wrong, but I don't think stupidity and sheer ignorance will be the reason they're allowed to reading rainbow their way to victory against Tobi.

I do think Tobi is using Obito's eye, but I don't think they are the same person.
I mean there has been no proof until now that any kind of space-time jutsu would be connected so he wouldn't have thought about that.

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN is that Tobi is actually some random asshole who took Obito's eye randomly. We've never seen Tobi release his Sharigan, ever. Which is a trait if a non-Uchia has the eye transplanted onto him/her (see Danzo / Kak). The Sharigan is supposed to take an insane amount of chakra to mantain / upkeep if you're a non Kekkai Genki user, though any trace of "using too much Chakra kills you" has kind of disappeared entirely in Naruto.

I hope it is Obito because it would be hilarious and there's just enough information to maybe sway it another way.

There would be no reason to bring Kakashi back and all of that weird dialogue Tobi had with Kakashi a couple chapters ago if it wasn't just going to turn out to be Obito. It would also be a lot better than being some random asshole who took Obito's eye and Natago's Rinnegan.

Tsk tsk tsk i find your inability to use common sense when it comes to Naruto unsettling. Look, at the time Obito was just another dumb Naruto clone(dumb, naive etc) and a legitimate good person. I see what Kishi is going to pull already. Have a character who was exactly like Naruto be the bad guy because war pushed him to the other side. Obito at that point thought he was going to die and wanted to save his friend. He survived SOMEHOW and grew bitter when Rin died. As it was hinted when Tobi said "make empty promises at a grave" or something like that. He grew to resent the village and the Uchiha. We don't know why yet but we will find out when the inevitable flashback comes. Though the fact that he was so un-Uchiha like is already a HUGE hint.

And guy, this ability of his is only the tip of a huge ass iceburg(One Piece reference!!). Do you think this is ALL he can do? Don't be so quick to trust Kishi, Tobi is going to either get a huge, ass pull power up or a bunch of ass pull moves we had not seen until this point.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm just kind of surprised that Obito's eyes turned out to be so powerful.

I mean, Obito was a loser (from the larger perspective of the Uchiha clan as a whole), and he had only managed to awaken the most basic level of the sharingan's abilities at the battle of Kannabi Bridge (at a late age, for an Uchiha-- compared to Sasuke/Itachi).

Considering that Sasuke/Itachi, geniuses of the Uchiha clan, are only able to use their Mangekyo for what seem to be the most basic/generic Mangekyo Sharingan abilities (Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Susanoo), it's bizarre to think that a "dud" like Obito had eyes that unlocked such an incredible level of Space-Time Ninjutsu. It's hard to believe that Tobi (if he is not Obito), would know to steal the eyes of a typical Uchiha brat who, until the battle at the bridge, didn't even have access to the Sharingan. In the midst of a massive scale world war in which the Uchiha also participated (and presumably faced casualties in), how would one man know to follow around a "3rd rate" brat that didn't even have an awakened Sharingan yet?

What's even more strange is that despite the uniqueness and power of Obito's space-time jutsu, Tobi is able to utilize the power so freely, and at will. Just think about the fact that Kakashi is only able to use Kamui (a much more limited technique) a few times a day. Similarly, Shisui's unique hypnosis jutsu would force his mangekyo to close for years on end.

Of course, we don't know exactly how the chakra consumption of the various sharigan techniques work on their various users, but it's safe to say that Tobi is pretty incredible to be able to use Obito's eye to this extent-- even if he is Obito (the one who you'd think would have the best compatibility with the eye, considering they're his eyes), it's pretty unlikely for any Uchiha to be able to abuse the Sharingan's power so freely, let alone a unique Sharingan ability. Considering how he was able able to control the Ninetales (possibly with just a normal Sharingan?), and utilize the Rinnengan (and likely Tsukuyomi as well considering his goal), Tobi must have a body far superior in stamina and compatibility with the Sharingan than any Uchiha we have seen so far (besides Madara).

Finally, and this is just fanboyism, consider that Tuskuyomi is a eye technique born of one eye, and Amaterasu the other. When both eyes work together, Susanoo can be activated. Similarly, Kakashi and Tobi seem unable to use each other's techniques, because they only have one side of the set each. If the two eyes were brought back together, I wonder what kind of insane space-time jutsu would be born.

v

if he's rikudo sage then his body would be able to use doujutsu just fine

When Obito's Sharingan was first revealed in that battle, though, it already had two tomoe. Sasuke's only had one and gained the other two later on, so I'm assuming it wasn't the first time Obito had used it. It wasn't specifically stated it was Obito's FIRST time utilizing it, I don't think.

Nevermind~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)