New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more of a creatve set than a new one, as I've made it a long time ago. But I tought I'd post it as it remais as useful as when I created it.

From The Inside (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/82 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Calm Mind

When creating this set I wanted a pokemon that could sweep trough an opponents team, or at least take out quite a few, without requiring considerable (or any, in some cases) team support around it, making it very versatile. This is what I came up with, a bulkier Superachi.

As it has Calm Mind, the full 252 Sp. Att ev's are not absolutly necessary, so they were invested in maxxing his hp. Together with reflect, it can take as little as 1/4 of it's health from a Hippo's EQ, and always less than half from the likes of TTar, Flygon, or Metagross, while being able to OHKO Flygon (which usually outspeeds it) and 2HKO the others (slower), apart from Meta.

While it may seem that it's own setup takes too long, it's awsome typing assures that, with minimal prediction, you can switch him on a poke that can't touch it and set up either reflect or CM, depending on the counter your opponent will switch in.

Psychic is it's stongest attack, taking quite a dent on everything that doesnt resist it, and with the 20% Sp.Def drop chance it can take down secondary special walls (and sometimes Bliss, depending on your luck and it's nature).
Grass Knot, admittadly, makes it struggle against Steels, given the alternatives (Thunderbolt/HP Fire), but it's the best alternative for this bulkier set, taking down the abovementioned ground-types.

If your set doesn't get comments then it probably doesn't need/ deserve them.

T-Bolt Gives you better coverage and without Substitute you "Auto-Lose" to most status inducers. Namely Celebi, Blissey, and so on.

Bulky SpecsLatias @ Choice Specs
Nature : Timid
Ability : Levitate
EVs : 252 Spe / 136 SpA / 40 Hp / 80 Def
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Recover / Thunderbolt
-Trick

Sum up
The Idea of this set is to reach something of a compromise. The LO set was my initial inspiration as Surf + Draco meteor had a good chance to 2HKO 252/0 Tyranitar and 2 Surfs had a decent go at 2HKOing Standard Scizor. However, due to LO recoil and no defense EVs, LO Latias was too easily worn down and also his D. Meteor had a habit is spectacularly failing to OHKO guys like Machamp in SR by about 5%. This Specs set runs 435 SpA, 20 more than the LO set which is, strangely, just enough to almost always 2HKO ttar and scizor, and get the OHKOes on Machamp, while doing more damage to Swampert and Gyarados. The defense EVs give me a firmer defensive grounding. The benchmark 236 defense seemed like a good place to start and, with the 40 HP Evs, allows me to switch into a Machamp's payback under SR with only 20% chance of being killed. It also allows me to take on Gyarados and such better and the HP ev's mean I am taking attacks from both ends of the spectrum just a little better.

The obvious problems...
Latias has to switch out all the time. Also, Choice Spec's Draco Meteor makes this a sucker for pursuit Scizor and Tyranitar, although not much more-so then LO Latias was, as a -2 LO surf was still rubbish against both of them. She is also not going to be end-game sweeping very much, as her best STAB attack lowers her attack. However, she has more of a 'punch holes in people' philosophy I feel. Also, if she runs recover, she is walled by Empoleon.

The Trick to recovery! (lol.. -.-)
Latias can actually afford to trick it;s scarf away, as unlike something like Rotom, it won;t suddenly leave you open to Gyarados sweeps and the like. Therefore, using Latias is a main tricker could be of great benifit. It also allows Latias to unlock it's full potential with Recover, which I thought would be good to keep Latias healthy. After tricking, Latias can becomes a semi-bulky set with Draco meteor, so it can put dents in things and survive well (as trick will probably have lent it leftovers). Of course, if I trick the Life Orb of a LO sweeper, then I have a great LO sweeper myself.

Spreads for Latias : The great butter / jam debate...
EVs are easiest to explain. 252 Speed because Infernape is too dangerous to let outspeed Latias, and it can then outrun HP fire Gengar and Latias. I wittled down my SpA as much as I could making sure I kept enough to reliably 2HKO scizor and ttar and OHKO Rotom, Machamp and Gyarados to death.( with SR ) I landed on 136 Spa, which gave me 120 EVs to play with and after fiddling about, i got my current spread.

Please tell me what you think :)

Thank you!

Here's a great Weavile set which really should be in the analysis, but somehow isn't. It has worked for me really well on past teams, so long as it has the right support, so here it is.

SubDance Weavile
Weavile@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Jolly nature (+Spe/-SpAtk)
-Substitute
-Sword's Dance
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash/Brick Break
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

Comments: Substitute is a fantastic move to put on Weavile, with his natural frailness causing many players to only use Weavile in the lead spot, if at all. With Substitue, however, it can be much easier to get a SD and proceed to sweep.

Moves:
Substitute and SD are no-brainers, and pretty much the crux of this set. Ice Punch is a necessity, OHKO'ing all of the dragons after an SD, and some useful STAB to have. You could try running Ice Shard, but once a sub is up, the priority isn't really needed, and the extra power of Ice Punch really helps. Whether to run Brick Break or Night Slash is really down to you and the needs of your team. There isn't really a better option, it all depends on your team. Brick Break deals with Empoleon, Tyranitar, and a bunch of other steels, and could help against Scizor and Forretress, while Night Slash hits the Psychics and Gengar hard.

EVs:
Fairly basic. With a sub up, Weavile needs no defensive EVs, and max Attack and Speed really helps.

Item:
Again, it's down to you. If you want to go on a suicide sweep whilst netting a few extra kills in the process, Life Orb is for you, however, if you want some better longevity, Expert Belt is the best choice. With the recommended moves, Weavile gets some fairly good coverage, so Expert Belt could be a good choice, but it's really down to you. EDIT:Leftovers is an option to boost longevity, but you will be losing some sweeping power in the process. Again, it's down to you.

Nature: Jolly is the way to go IMO. Once a SD is up, the slight attack boost from having an Adamant nature really doesn't make much of a difference, whereas the Speed boost from Jolly really helps.

Well I hope that you like this set, and any thoughts and constructive criticism would be welcome. Thanks.

Move the 4 HP EVs into Defense so you have an odd HP number and can Substitute 4 times instead of 3. Assuming you're using Expert Belt. With Life Orb it doesn't make any difference really.

I'd also change Brick Break to Low Kick, it really helps Weavile out and is one of the better Platinum (or HG/SS, can't remember) updates and he only loses attack power on like Blissey.

There's also an argument to go Adamant with Low Kick and Life Orb as after an SD you have 79.49% chance of OHKOing Scizor with SR up, arguably Weavile's biggest nemesis.

Here's a great Weavile set which really should be in the analysis, but somehow isn't. It has worked for me really well on past teams, so long as it has the right support, so here it is.

SubDance Weavile
Weavile@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Jolly nature (+Spe/-SpAtk)
-Substitute
-Sword's Dance
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash/Brick Break
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

Comments: Substitute is a fantastic move to put on Weavile, with his natural frailness causing many players to only use Weavile in the lead spot, if at all. With Substitue, however, it can be much easier to get a SD and proceed to sweep.

Moves:
Substitute and SD are no-brainers, and pretty much the crux of this set. Ice Punch is a necessity, OHKO'ing all of the dragons after an SD, and some useful STAB to have. You could try running Ice Shard, but once a sub is up, the priority isn't really needed, and the extra power of Ice Punch really helps. Whether to run Brick Break or Night Slash is really down to you and the needs of your team. There isn't really a better option, it all depends on your team. Brick Break deals with Empoleon, Tyranitar, and a bunch of other steels, and could help against Scizor and Forretress, while Night Slash hits the Psychics and Gengar hard.

EVs:
Fairly basic. With a sub up, Weavile needs no defensive EVs, and max Attack and Speed really helps.

Item:
Again, it's down to you. If you want to go on a suicide sweep whilst netting a few extra kills in the process, Life Orb is for you, however, if you want some better longevity, Expert Belt is the best choice. With the recommended moves, Weavile gets some fairly good coverage, so Expert Belt could be a good choice, but it's really down to you. EDIT:Leftovers is an option to boost longevity, but you will be losing some sweeping power in the process. Again, it's down to you.

Nature: Jolly is the way to go IMO. Once a SD is up, the slight attack boost from having an Adamant nature really doesn't make much of a difference, whereas the Speed boost from Jolly really helps.

Well I hope that you like this set, and any thoughts and constructive criticism would be welcome. Thanks.
I highly suggest using Low Kick, as without it, Scizor, Heatran, and quite a few few others can easily come in with little to no threat of being KO'd, and take Weavile out. I suggest Low Kick/Ice Punch for optimal coverage, with Night Slash maybe slashed in beside Ice Punch for Ghosts, though Ghosts won't be likely to switch in.

Basically, Low Kick over Brick Break, and make it as the primary option, as dual STABs isn't worth having terrible coverage.

I Have been using this for a few weeks, and I think it deserves a post here. It's been extremely useful, so let's take a look, shall we?

Set name: Crippler Gengar

Gengar@ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
4 HP/252 SpA/Spe (still working on an EV spread)
~Trick
~Taunt
~Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave
~Shadow Ball

The purpose of this set is to cripple common switch-ins to Gengar such as Tyranitar, Scizor, and Blissey. All three of them do not enjoy status, especially Ttar and Scizor. Trick can cripple Blissey, rendering it nearly worthless. This set works fantastic at the lead position; Trick will cripple the majority of them. Taunt shuts Blissey and SubTran down, as well as other various set up sweepers. Shadow Ball is your STAB option.

The status move is entirely up to you. Will-o-Wisp will give Tyranitar and Scizor problems, and will force other physical attackers to switch out. Thunder Wave can render Scarf users like Latias and Magnezone immobile. Toxic can work.

Outside of the lead spot, Gengar can be very helpful. It can cripple DD Mence/Gyara by WoW, and switch out. It can also function as a Spin blocker. Once Gengars scarf is gone and Blissey comes into, Taunt them. This puts the Wish-stall thing out out of commision. By burning it you can slowly wear it down, and Blisseys seismic tosses won't have any effect.

Comments? Suggestions?

No, I'm not a togekiss
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Adamant
~Iron Head
~Substitute
~Thunder-Wave
~Wish
-252 Hp- -252 Attack- -6 speed-

This epic jirachi can set up a sub to protect against status that scarf jirachi hates so much. Its also very bulky with the 252 hp evs, so it is not very easy to take down. T-wave and Iron Head are there for obvious purposes..This beast Para flinches better than togekiss. Wish is there for recovery and wish passing.....I've often used this jirachi to best Gyarados, Scizor, and, lol, Heatran on the switch. It also beats most ou pokes (barring magnezone :/).

I would seriously consider HP ground on that set for nothing but to immediantly butt fuck Heatran and Magnezone, and Wish honestly isn't even needed that much seeing as how you can easily paraflinch for Lefties recovery, or subscout that paralysis so you can then flinch for more lefties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)