ORAS UU New at teambuilding, how does this look?

So I made this team on Showdown, and it has been doing well. I'm just looking for feedback from others as I am sure it can be improved.

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Quick Attack
- Brick Break

Scyther is my sweeper, he comes in to hit things for super effective damage when he can, as well as packing Quick Attack (Choice Banded) to kill things like Mega Beedrill who are low on HP and think they are going to sweep me. He's my only priority user and my team is sort of built around him.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Typical Florges set that walls Special Attackers, as well as attempts to pass Wishes to other teammates. Running Toxic at the moment, but have considered running Aromatherapy instead.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Surf

Decided to bring Heliolisk due to its speed. I'm not sure if Dark Pulse is better to run than Surf, as not all Pokemon are heavy enough to get hit hard by Grass Knot. (Open to suggestions here for sure) He comes in to take water-type attacks that my Donphan and Chandelure do not want to take.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot

My Lead, typical Stealth Rock setter and Rapid Spinner to keep the field clear for my Scyther switch-ins. Packing Gunk Shot because I was lacking coverage to kill Fairy types, and it hits physically which uses Donphan's decent Attack stat. EV spread gives him bulk, as well as more Attack to potentially kill things that switch-in, or can't kill him in 1 shot. Being Ground-type he covers Scyther's weakness to Electric attacks.

Gallade (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Decided to run this as my last slot Pokemon. Assault Vest for taking hits Florges doesn't want to take. Packs Knock Off to remove items on Pokemon, and runs Drain Punch to try to regain his HP when needed.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Choice Scarf Chandelure is pretty amazing, so I wanted it for this team. Flash Fire provides Fire immunity for my Scyther, and being Scarfed it outspeeds and KOs things that I need it to. I have to say even though it is there, I never use Trick as it seems like Chandelure needs the Scarf more than me giving it to someone else.

That's my team, what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look it over.

If possible I'd like to try to keep Scyther on the team, because he is one of my favorite Pokemon.

Errr Scyther doesn't work in UU! Really... Perhaps a Absol Mega work better, with Sucker Punch. For Mega Beedrill? OK. Try it! c:

The moveset you're running on Scyther is suboptimal, you should probably try a bulky Eviolite Swords Dance set if you're going to be running Scyther in UU at all.

Typical Florges set that walls Special Attackers, as well as attempts to pass Wishes to other teammates. Running Toxic at the moment, but have considered running Aromatherapy instead.
Aromatherapy is better, since you don't appear to have a dedicated healer/cleric on your team yet.

My Lead, typical Stealth Rock setter and Rapid Spinner to keep the field clear for my Scyther switch-ins. Packing Gunk Shot because I was lacking coverage to kill Fairy types, and it hits physically which uses Donphan's decent Attack stat. EV spread gives him bulk, as well as more Attack to potentially kill things that switch-in, or can't kill him in 1 shot. Being Ground-type he covers Scyther's weakness to Electric attacks.
Poison Jab > Gunk Shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)