New Pokémon spin off game announced

"The Band of Thieves and 1000 Pokémon" is a new spin-off game on which the protagonists are Marylin Flame and Riot, the thieves from the 17th movie. A CoroCoro leak revealed the game, as always. The game is free to download, and only available for Japanese users of the 3DS systems. More information information to be found.

479px-Scan_CoroCoro_Junio14_The_Band_of_Thieves_&_1000_Pokémon.png

Anyone else think 1000 Arrows and 1000 Waves Zygarde will be obtained through this game?

I highly, highly doubt it. This is a tie in with the movie that has to do with Diancie, not Zygarde - Zygarde's gotten no attention at all and I assume it'll remain that way until Z/X2Y2/Whatever.
We do know, however, that a special Pikachu will be distributed through it. I'm thinking this'll be how we get Surfchu - anyone agree?

I highly, highly doubt it. This is a tie in with the movie that has to do with Diancie, not Zygarde - Zygarde's gotten no attention at all and I assume it'll remain that way until Z/X2Y2/Whatever.
We do know, however, that a special Pikachu will be distributed through it. I'm thinking this'll be how we get Surfchu - anyone agree?
I agree on Surfchu. Flychu is available through a 5 gen game, and PokeBank doesn't have restrictions for HMs, unlike PokeTransfer. However, Surfchu was never released on 5 gen.

As of Diancie, it seems unlikely that we'll obtain it from here. There are references, yes, but wouldn't Nintendo just rather make it available through Wi-Fi?

Last edited:
You misunderstand - I'm not saying we will get Diancie through this, I'm saying that's what the movie's focused on. So if the focus isn't even on Zygarde in the movie, there's absolutely 0 chance of getting Zygarde through this.

The description of it reminded me of this StreetPass Mii Plaza game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StreetPass_Mii_Plaza#StreetPass_Battle_.2F_Warrior.27s_Way

I haven't actually played it because I don't get enough Streetpasses to justify buying it, but I would if it were free. If this Pokemon game comes to the U.S. and stays free, I'll download it.
This was the exact thing that came to mind and its just

Warrior's Way is so bad. I bought the bundle ($5 each normally, can buy all 4 for $15) with the idea that Flower Town would be my "free" game since it seemed light on content.
But no
No Warrior's Way was the free one and I still felt cheated

"The official site has updated with the first The Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon details and images. These images depict the gameplay of the game and show how it will be played. First, the game will be available from June 5th to September 30th 2014 and is set in the same place as the movie. If you take the game with you to the movie and access it then, something big will happen. It will also connect with Pokémon X & Y by completing a challenge in the game. You need to StreetPass with other players of the game in order to increase your army."

If you take the game with you to the movie and access it then, something big will happen.

If this is the official way to get Diancie I swear

"The official site has updated with the first The Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon details and images. These images depict the gameplay of the game and show how it will be played. First, the game will be available from June 5th to September 30th 2014 and is set in the same place as the movie. If you take the game with you to the movie and access it then, something big will happen. It will also connect with Pokémon X & Y by completing a challenge in the game. You need to StreetPass with other players of the game in order to increase your army."

If you take the game with you to the movie and access it then, something big will happen.

If this is the official way to get Diancie I swear
There is an announced event for Diancie in the 17th movie. Up to September 30. So it probably is.

There is an announced event for Diancie in the 17th movie. Up to September 30. So it probably is.
I doubt it. The corocoro that talked about the distirbution didn't tease it as having a special way of distribution, just that you download it like normal.
There's even artwork detailing a normal download distribution

I doubt it. The corocoro that talked about the distirbution didn't tease it as having a special way of distribution, just that you download it like normal.
There's even artwork detailing a normal download distribution
Then maybe you'll get an special event, such as a currently unreleased HA

I doubt it'd be as meager as that. Perhaps a Pokémon based on one of the ones in the movie? A Mega Absol or Mega Scizor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)