New to pokemon, need help with rain team

vaporeon Leftovers
Trait: water absorb
Evs 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
-wish
-scald
-surf
-ice beam

Vaporeon for stab under the rain also there to take hits and pass wish to other pokemon to keep them alive longer. ice beam to keep away grass types and surf for high damage basically vaporeon is there to take some hits be able to pass wish and do damage.

goodra @damp rock
Trait:Hydration
Evs / 252 SpD/ 248 Hp/
-rest
-rain dance
-thunder
-fireblast

Goodra to start the rain use rest when low on hp and wake up right away because of hydration good special wall to soak up damage from most special attackers. thunder for high damage better acc under the rain fireblast to cover steel grass and bug types.

Gengar Black Sludge
Evs 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature.
-shadow ball
-thunder
-focus blast
-sludge bomb

Using Gengar to keep away some fighting types. and do high damage with its moveset also carrying moves to do high damage to most pokemon. not much for him to do besides high damage and maybe sweep. also keeping pokemon weak aganist him stuck in thanks to tag.

-ferrothorn Leftovers
Nature:Relaxed
-gyro ball
-thunder wave
-power wip
-leech seed

Another great wall also covers thunder from wrecking my team carry twave to cripple some pokemon leech seed for some hp gain and force pokemon out for staying in too long power wip and gyro ball both high damaging moves with gyro ball having some being able to take certian pokemon out

-Azumarill Choice Band
Trait:Huge power
Nature:Adamant
Evs/ 244 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Play rough
aqua jet
super power
toxic

azumraill to kill dragons easy aqua jet high damage toxic to force pokemon out or let them stay in and die to poison super power high damage basically another offensive pokemon to do as much damage as pokemon to the other team

-dragonite Life orb
Nature:Jolly
Trait:Multiscale
Evs 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
extreme speed
earthquake
outrage
dragon dance

Sweeper of the team high speed to go first high atk to make sure it kills in 1-2 hits on any pokemon left to come in

These are the pokemon i have in mind to put on my team and the moves i feel i should put on them. im unsure what trait and nature i should get for the ones i havent filled out yet if you have an idea of what they should have please let me know. is this team solid? should some things be changed any moves or pokemon should be taken out?

Last edited:
vaporeon Leftovers
Trait: water absorb
Evs 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
-wish
-scald
-surf
-ice beam

Vaporeon for stab under the rain also there to take hits and pass wish to other pokemon to keep them alive longer. ice beam to keep away grass types and surf for high damage basically vaporeon is there to take some hits be able to pass wish and do damage.

Basic wish passer...dun see anything much to say about him other than take those 4 points from Spe back to HP, that 1 hp might save ur life while that 1 spe won't do much on a wish passer.
Also, give him Calm/modest nature

goodra @damp rock
Trait:Hydration
Evs / 252 SpD/ 248 Hp/
-rest
-rain dance
-thunder
-fireblast

Goodra to start the rain use rest when low on hp and wake up right away because of hydration good special wall to soak up damage from most special attackers. thunder for high damage better acc under the rain fireblast to cover steel grass and bug types.

Change Fireblast to Draco/Pulse since it's weaker in the rain and u lack stab move EVEN if it's a tank.
Also, Give him Calm OR modest nature :)

Gengar Black Sludge
Timid nature.
-shadow ball
-thunder
-focus blast
-sludge bomb

Using Gengar to keep away some fighting types. and do high damage with its moveset also carrying moves to do high damage to most pokemon. not much for him to do besides high damage and maybe sweep. also keeping pokemon weak aganist him stuck in thanks to tag.

Make him a Mega Gengar...Pucks WAY more power..Save moveset and ev spread.
And as it seems he's ur main sweeper.

-ferrothorn Leftovers
Nature:Relaxed
-gyro ball
-thunder wave
-power wip
-leech seed

Another great wall also covers thunder from wrecking my team carry twave to cripple some pokemon leech seed for some hp gain and force pokemon out for staying in too long power wip and gyro ball both high damaging moves with gyro ball having some being able to take certian pokemon out

Where's the Spikes/Stealth Rocks?...bro...Take out Power Whip, put in Stealth Rock :) wayyyy better...
And u put a wrong EV spread, so fix that :)

-Azumarill Choice Band
Evs/ 244 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Play rough
aqua jet
super power
toxic

azumraill to kill dragons easy aqua jet high damage toxic to force pokemon out or let them stay in and die to poison super power high damage basically another offensive pokemon to do as much damage as pokemon to the other team

-Azumarill Choice Band
Evs/ 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD /
Play rough
aqua jet
super power
Waterfall

Better

-dragonite Life orb
extreme speed
earthquake
outrage
dragon dance

Sweeper of the team high speed to go first high atk to make sure it kills in 1-2 hits on any pokemon left to come in

Ehh..That's not a rain team...You don't have a Swift swimmer....
I'mma fix this Dragonite and then show ya what I mean.

-dragonite Life orb
Extreme Speed/Fire Punch
Roost
Dragon Claw

dragon dance

Way better, much more reliable being able to abuse Multiscale to setup :) also, Dragon claw is strong after 1 DD and doesn't lock u to the death of Fairies this generation.

These are the pokemon i have in mind to put on my team and the moves i feel i should put on them. im unsure what trait and nature i should get for the ones i havent filled out yet if you have an idea of what they should have please let me know. is this team solid? should some things be changed any moves or pokemon should be taken out?

OK, SO, u lack pokemon to take adventage of u Rain dance...Azumarill's Waterfall and Aqua jets get stronger, that's nice...
try adding a Swift Swim Gyradoss instead of Dragonite and take out that ferrothorn for something better u already have way too much defense.
that's my opinion anyways.
good luck

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You have a slot for a mega pokemon available so I'd put gengarite on an all out attacking gengar rather than the black sludge, since the passive recovering is much for useful for gengar when its running a substitute set rather than an offensive one.

Also gyarados does not get swift sim unfortunately :(

Stealth Rock was a must last generation on good teams, and i'm sure it will be the same this generation too, so I'd replace thunder wave on ferrothorn with that.

Toxic Isn't a great move on a choiced pokemon, and a pokemon like azumarril would prefer waterfall in the last slot.

To make it much more reliable rain team i'd change vaporeon to a damp rock drizzle politoed still with a defensive build, you could run rest sleep talk possibly, and also free up a slot on Goodra so it doesn't have rain dance. A set which thunder, draco meteor, focus blast and rest with sdef ev's moved into spa seem like it work more effectively.

A lum berry or weakness policy would also be a better item on dragonite since it loves its multicale, lum berry makes it easier to set up, and weakness policy is wuite effective at giving dragonite a boost due to it being extremely hard to KO.

yeah sorry guys i meant to say gengarite on gengar for shadow tag. ive put stealth rocks on ferrothorn and removed vaporeon. i just need to get a politoed with drizzle now. i dont know if i should put draco meteor on goodra because his spA is so low. when i put politied on the team im thinking of making his moveset protect hydro pump toxic and ice beam. i also put water fall on azumarril for toxic

try adding a Swift Swim Gyradoss instead of Dragonite
nice nice.

That gengar set isn't very good for base gengar, you might aswell put gengarite on it, and while you're at it replace thunder for sub or thunderbolt if you really want it. Drop ESpeed on dragonite and replace it with EQ. If you're going to use a banded azumaril drop toxic for the love of god and put waterfall on it. Thunderwqve and gyro ball on the same set? yeah remove that for rocks or spikes.

ive already made the changes if you didnt notice. but ty for the input but jw why would i replace thunder for thunderbolt? also how about the pokemon is the team solid or should someone be replaced

kingdra sounds like a good choice thanks to swift swim would a moveset like this work Dragon dance, outrage, draco meteor and waterfall. also what worrys me is if anything happens to my azumarril i dont have much to save myself aganist a mega mawile. it can sucker punch gengar play rough on kingdra goodra and power up punch ferrothorn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)