NFEs in UU

I think that mix tiers is not a good choice, because... I think it's giving some sort of advantage to the opponent. Also, do not think it's useful to have list of categories (tiers) if, after I shall be combining xD

For now I just say that I think is a mistake that is Porygon2 NU should at least be in Under Used, minimum of respect for the duck!

EDIT: now i read the tittle is NFE, not NU... sorry xD!!!

In NU, Piloswine makes a good SR lead. I used Protect (take that Purugly!), SR, Ice Shard, and EQ. If it gets the right matchups, you can even come back in later with the good physical bulk (100 HP, 80 Def.)

The Seadra set mentioned on the previous page works fairly well.

I was thinking about maybe testing out something like Gabite, even though it has a 4x weakness to Ice, and Dragonair has 2x, its faster, something along the lines of:

Gabite @ Choice Band/Scarf
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Jolly/Adamant Nature (depending on choice item)
Sand Veil
-Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw (accuracy or power)
-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw
-Stone Edge/Return

Straight forward Choice user. Enter, attack, kill, leave.

and I'm kinda too lazy to look back through all the pages (sorry) but I was wondering about Piloswine:

Piloswine @ Leftovers
252HP/80Atk/176Def
Impish Nature
Oblivious
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Superpower/Stone Edge/Body Slam

Its bulky enough to survive a hit from about any other lead or anti-lead. Ice Shard is nice for priority, EQ is for damange, and the last slot is kinda optional depending on where you are weak to and/or preferences

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Seadra set mentioned on the previous page works fairly well.

I was thinking about maybe testing out something like Gabite, even though it has a 4x weakness to Ice, and Dragonair has 2x, its faster, something along the lines of:

Gabite @ Choice Band/Scarf
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Jolly/Adamant Nature (depending on choice item)
Sand Veil
-Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw (accuracy or power)
-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw
-Stone Edge/Return

Straight forward Choice user. Enter, attack, kill, leave.

and I'm kinda too lazy to look back through all the pages (sorry) but I was wondering about Piloswine:

Piloswine @ Leftovers
252HP/80Atk/176Def
Impish Nature
Oblivious
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Superpower/Stone Edge/Body Slam

Its bulky enough to survive a hit from about any other lead or anti-lead. Ice Shard is nice for priority, EQ is for damange, and the last slot is kinda optional depending on where you are weak to and/or preferences
Gabite is good running Garchomp's set IMO. Don't use Dragon Rush, just use Outrage. Outrage/Dragon Claw/EQ/Stone Edge is good enough coverage.

Gabite is good running Garchomp's set IMO. Don't use Dragon Rush, just use Outrage. Outrage/Dragon Claw/EQ/Stone Edge is good enough coverage.
I know, but without having Dragon Dance Swords Dance (thanks GameFreak jerks) its kinda limitied in its ability, despite being pretty fast.

Edit: meant swords dance, too many dances running around the games these days.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know, but without having Dragon Dance (thanks GameFreak jerks) its kinda limitied in its ability, despite being pretty fast.
Garchomp never got Dragon Dance either, and when I said he's better off running Chomp's set, I meant the Scarf or CB set, not the SD one, because he doesn't get SD (Which is probably what you meant).

shrang

General Kenobi
Just theorymon'd another set (Although it's probably heavily used in NU, but whatever):

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def (You could probably think of a better EV spread than mine)
Nature: Careful
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Will-O-Wisp
-Night Shade

This set isn't really outclassed by Spiritomb, IMO, simply because Dusclops has better defenses. The set works like an NU Giratina, if you will, walling hits, dealing some pitiful damage while burning shit, Resting off the damage if need be. WoW and Night Shade go nicely together, as the only things Night Shade doesn't hit are Normal types, and since most Normal types are Physically based (Notable exceptions are Porygon2 and Porygon-Z), they don't want to get burnt. This set is very straightforward, acting as a Spin blocker. Its main advantage is that Hitmontop doesn't really scare it with Foresight + Close Combat, as Dusclops is neutral and proceed to burn the mofo (Although Top can just spin after Foresighting though).

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wouldn't Pain Split work better instead of RestTalk? That way you can free up a slot for Double Status or Mean Look or something.

Also a little mention for swellow/ursaring who totally dominates that dusclops.
Obviously normal types that are likely to sub will be problematic; porygonZ, kangashkhan. Anything with a recover move (inc rest) and especially part fire types; moltres, arcanine. Heal Bell pokes; chansey and miltank.
Obviously the list was going to be very long and this was never meant to cover all of them but there are afew worrying ones that you dont want to set up on you. As it wont be dealing much damage anyway flash fire pokes like arcanine and especially houndoom will be able to set up. So be careful using it.

shrang

General Kenobi
Wouldn't Pain Split work better instead of RestTalk? That way you can free up a slot for Double Status or Mean Look or something.
Double status is nice, but RestTalk laughs at Toxic. However, I agree, this thing will get set up on too easily by things that can Sub, Taunt or don't give a shit about Will-O-Wisp (Which are a lot of Pokemon in UU).

monferno has more over blaziken then most persons think, sure his offensive and defensive stats are inferior, but he got some stuff blaziken dont, first of all, he got base 81 speed, while 1 bonus base speed might dont look a lot, always outspeed pokemons like veno who sit at 80 is really important in UU, second, he got a physical STAB priority in form of mach punch, what allow to pick off weakened enemys on a SD set, and another REALLY important factor is that monferno got close combat, he is not forced to use superpower (or stuff like brick break) on a physical set, and can be used multiple times with no recoil to your damage output, on the special side he got nasty plot what make his vaccum wave hit harder then blaziken, grass knot also allow him to use hp ice/rock/whatever instead of being forced to use hp grass to deal with bulky waters, others factors are minors and i dont pretend on mentioning because they are not really worth, i just felt like mentioning all of this because almost all players i see at the UU ladder laugh at me because i use monferno instead of blaziken, what is starting to piss me off.

monferno has more over blaziken then most persons think, sure his offensive and defensive stats are inferior, but he got some stuff blaziken dont, first of all, he got base 81 speed, while 1 bonus base speed might dont look a lot, always outspeed pokemons like veno who sit at 80 is really important in UU, second, he got a physical STAB priority in form of mach punch, what allow to pick off weakened enemys on a SD set, and another REALLY important factor is that monferno got close combat, he is not forced to use superpower (or stuff like brick break) on a physical set, and can be used multiple times with no recoil to your damage output, on the special side he got nasty plot what make his vaccum wave hit harder then blaziken, grass knot also allow him to use hp ice/rock/whatever instead of being forced to use hp grass to deal with bulky waters, others factors are minors and i dont pretend on mentioning because they are not really worth, i just felt like mentioning all of this because almost all players i see at the UU ladder laugh at me because i use monferno instead of blaziken, what is starting to piss me off.
It also has access to annoying moves like Fake Out, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Torment, Slack Off (which can't be used but its cool I guess), U-Turn for CB scouting, and Encore. This can make for fun and annoying sets where your opponent would least expect it. Also, with moves like Fake Out and Stealth Rock, it can make a decent Anti-lead.

It also has access to annoying moves like Fake Out, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Torment, Slack Off (which can't be used but its cool I guess), U-Turn for CB scouting, and Encore. This can make for fun and annoying sets where your opponent would least expect it. Also, with moves like Fake Out and Stealth Rock, it can make a decent Anti-lead.
yes, but most of those moves (barring fake out, u-turn and SR) cannot be used because of his sharpedo defenses and somewhat bad defensive typing, hence the reason i dindt mentioned those.

I've done some testing with MixBuzz on my team and Lead Monferno. They are both very decent in UU.

Electabuzz @Expert Belt
Naive Nature
Trait: Static
252Atk/176Spe/80SpA
-Brick Break
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice (can use Ice Punch if you really want I suppose)
-Psychic.
i use a somewhat different set, here it is

Ebu (Electabuzz) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 40 Atk/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Cross Chop

cross chop 2hko chansey and does abour 45% to clefable so you can work with that, hp grass is for ground/water types has ice punch already cover grass and dragon types, t-bolt is a very realible STAB move coming from his above average special atack, buz is somewhat frail so i prefer life orb over expert belt since he need all the power he can get, this set has problem with enemy eletrics, but in a sense, electabuz always had problems with enemy eletrics.

monferno really is pretty decent in uu. I think his most important aspects is actually that one point in speed. His superior movepool to blaziken also rocks

monferno really is pretty decent in uu. I think his most important aspects is actually that one point in speed. His superior movepool to blaziken also rocks
But Blaziken doesn't lose completely, he has Baton Pass and Agility, not to mention better Attack and Sp Attack.

I dont think Togetic has gotten a proper mention yet so far.
At a glance:
50/85/105 defenses arent great and neither is its typing.
80 SpA is useable but its speed lets it down.
Doesnt have moves to make use of its ability

But things going for it:
Nasty Plot for a Special attacker
NP, Wish and Baton Pass for a Passer
Dual Screen, Counter, Wish/Roost, Twave/Toxic/Yawn, Encore, Heal Bell, Psycho Shift, Tailwind for support/defensive sets.
It does get Tri Attack, ominous wind, ancientpower, silver wind to use its ability

Im sure we can come up with something.

I was theorymoning a set for togetic the other day, and I tried a special attacking set, and it wasn't that great, but I don't know if I had the right support for it. But for a wall I had this:

Togetic @ Leftovers
252HP/140Def/116SpD
Calm Nature/Bold Nature (either or)
Ability: Serene Grace
~Wish
~Toxic/T-Wave
~Tri Attack
~Reflect/Light Scren

Come in, set up a Screen, and use Wish, then switch to your weakened mon. If you switch into a sweeper you counter, use Toxic or Thunder Wave, set up a screen and switch out. I think I tried something similar to this, and I found that it needs its owns support, because of its SR weakness. Unfortunately, its outclassed in UU right no by Cressila for mixed walling. but hopefully not for long

I would theorymon this set

Togetic @ Leftovers
252HP/4Def/252SpD
Calm
Serene Grace
-Twave
-Tri Attack
-Roost / Nasty Plot
-Light Screen / Baton Pass

Roost/Light screen present a special defense/para spreading set. Come in and check certain special threats, setting up light screen to help itself and (less so) others, to help others switch to light clay. After a Twave it will be outspeeding some pokes so roost will become effective changing its typing. Its totally walled by things like rhyperior, steelix, chansey and things that substitute before togetic can Twave (togetic should twave first to catch anything on the switch).
Should check Venusaur if something has been slept already (grass, ground should do much). Porygon might have too much power for it, it cant hurt mismagius but milotic may find it difficult if roosting before the ice beam.

Nasty Plot/ Baton pass looks a better option to me. if the Twave is successful it will near certainly get off a Nasty Plot, it can then Tri Attack or pass. Imagine an alakazam, a moltres, a raikou with a Nasty Plot or, as i prefer, an Octillery. Togetic is against Ambipom in the Nasty Passing category. Its advantage is that it can use the boosts itself better, it has better (special) defense, it has twave and it has surprise factor. It does miss taunt though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)