Nintendo WiFi "Event" [Doesn't concern battles]

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Saw this on the Official NSider Forums:

NOA_ANDY said:
Have you been trading Pokémon with your friends? Great! But have you tried trading Pokémon with people from around the world on the Global Trade Station (GTS)? Well, here's your chance to get a Pokémon straight from Japan!

Click here for more information at Pokemon-Games.com.

Happy trading!
http://www.pokemon-games.com/portal/gamenews_detail6.jsp

Put up a Ponyta and ask for a Psyduck, you might get a Game Freak employee's Pokemon. It's kind of like an autograph I guess. Pretty sure they come with no exclusive moves or anything.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well I won't be getting one now since my game's Japanese and I can only catch Japanese Ponytas. Oh well...

Haha, that's pretty cool. I want a Poke creator's Psyduck!

I like how much promotion Pokemon gets in Japan. It's even better when they do stuff like this for the Western fans.

Ken Sugimori Psyducks!!!

I'm not going to bother with this, if it's indeed true that the Psyducks are nothing special. If it's in something as simple as a Cherish Ball though, I might reconsider. I have a feeling that there will be swarms of fake "Creator" Psyducks running around WiFi. I'd probably be the victim of some evil ten year old anyway, trading away their Psyducks for Ponyta's just because of this announcement.

90 isn't even that big of a number. If this was over Mystery Gift sure, but I was never that fond of the GTS.

I cant do this. Me and my brother dont use the Gts amymore.. When my brother first got the game he used it but then he realized he was just getting a bunch of hacked crap. We had to erase the game because getting hacks of the Gts feels like your game is infected with STDs. We only trust what we breed.

We had to erase the game because getting hacks of the Gts feels like your game is infected with STDs.
lol. Seriously, this is really just encouraging hackers...but I don't see why anybody would hack a Psyduck for a Ponyta.

I got all excited because I thought that Psyduck might come with a special...anything. It would be cool to have a creators' Psyduck but only 90 psyducks? Did they forget that pokemon d/p sold 1,000,000 copies the weekend of its release? If they are only going to allow 90, they should at least have a better ability than Cloud 9.

This isn't really encouraging hackers any more than any other event is. The only thing this would encourage is fun-ruining people catching up a ton of Psyduck and trading them for everyone's Ponyta on the GTS so no one gets a chance at it.

I'm going to try this, I mean, why not? Even if you get a hacked Psyduck, or one that isn't from the creators, just release it and try again. It's not like it's super hard to catch a normal Ponyta and put it on the GTS :p

I'm putting a Ponyta up also. Mine already was traded to someone for a Psyduck so I just traded their Psyduck for a new Ponyta and put that one up on the GTS. :D

I'm putting a Ponyta up also. Mine already was traded to someone for a Psyduck so I just traded their Psyduck for a new Ponyta and put that one up on the GTS. :D
that happened to me, but I didn't even think of that ><

If it happens again, I'm doing what you did :P

I'm on my third Ponyta now, the first Psyduck I got was caught June 15, but the other was caught today, so the fun ruiners are clearly out there already. What is it with people.

I´ll also try, even though I´m not from the US, will be nice to see if there´s anything special with those psyducks...

I attached some flame mail to my Ponyta delivering the secret message that the SS Oklahoma off the coast of Hokkaido (Sappro) is going to launch a sneak missle launch attack BUHEUHEHHE

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
lol @ infinite cycles.
People get Useless psyducks for their Ponyta, then trade them back for more Ponyta so they never leave the GTS. XD

Someone on SPPf claims to have gotten one of Ken Sugimori's Psyduck. If he's telling the truth, it doesn't have unique moves, so the only special thing is the IDno/OT. Apparently, it knows Psychic, Confuse Ray, Mud Bomb, and Yawn, just normal breeding moves. Here's the post if anyone cares.

Someone on SPPf claims to have gotten one of Ken Sugimori's Psyduck. If he's telling the truth, it doesn't have unique moves, so the only special thing is the IDno/OT. Apparently, it knows Psychic, Confuse Ray, Mud Bomb, and Yawn, just normal breeding moves. Here's the post if anyone cares.
He went on to say it was hatched in Solaceon on August 9 and was in a regular Pokeball. It's not completely impossible, but it seems implausible his is legitimate. They should at least be in a Cherish Ball or something?

It's kind of absurd that hackers have got us in a state where we can't even tell if Pokemon we've gotten in an event like this are legitimate. Nonetheless, I guess I'll still be trying. I put one up now, but it's something like 3 AM in Japan. One can hope they have irregular sleeping hours.

He went on to say it was hatched in Solaceon on August 9 and was in a regular Pokeball. It's not completely impossible, but it seems implausible his is legitimate. They should at least be in a Cherish Ball or something?

It's kind of absurd that hackers have got us in a state where we can't even tell if Pokemon we've gotten in an event like this are legitimate. Nonetheless, I guess I'll still be trying. I put one up now, but it's something like 3 AM in Japan. One can hope they have irregular sleeping hours.
I agree, I was a bit skeptical on that too, but you never know. If it wasn't the real thing, why would someone bother with the weird Egg moves? I'm not sure, I guess I'll wait around til this thing is over and more than one person has gotten one.

It's been like that for a loooooong time, just look at any site that trades event Pokemon often. Probably 1/3 of mine have turned out to be hacks :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)