No Anti-Virus Software can save you now!

Beep Boop I am a robot!
------------------------------------

Introduction
Why hello there. Before I start out my team, I'd like to ask a quick question. Do you remember the good ol' days when Porygon-Z used to be one of the most threating thing in the entire metagame? It dominated both OU and UU and pretty much everything feared it. From its ability to be Scarf'd outspeeding potentional threats but still laying down alot of power scoring many 1HKO and many wins, to its more gimmicky side of boosted Hyper Beam yes, Porygon-Z could do it, making it a viable choice for any team. But over the years Porygon-Z went from OU, to UU, not NU in OU...if that makes sense. Why you ask? Well, with an increase of priority *cough*CBScizorBulletPunch*cough* and Porygon-Zs' frail defenses, it has lost its spark, potentional, a slot in your team and hear ):. Well not anymore! I'm bring back Porygon-Z, so he can claim his rightful spot as King of OU. InB4UUagain ;D

----------------------------------------------------

Team Building

Well obviously I started off with Porygon-Z, he is the MVP here. He is my sweeper, his job is to kill as many mofos as possible before dying. But this is easier said than done. Now, to build a team around Porygon-Z I would need to take care of his many weaknesses, seeing as he is very frail and is destined to die without support.

That's is where this man comes in handy. Yes-sir-e, Magnezone. Most valuable asset to a successful sweep with Porygon-Z. Not only does he trap and kill Steel types, most importantly Scizor, but he can also set up Dual Screens ensuring Porygon-Z has a long life and won't be 1HKO'd by minimal threats as well as big threats, before he can kill them of course. This set acts as an all-in-1, meaning I don't need to waste a slot on a Dual Screener. And if some jive-jurkey-ass whore wants to come and ruin my sweep and spoil my fun Magnezone will have no trouble exploding in its face, yes you, I'm talking about you Blissey. This man is a triple threat and so useful towards my sweeping potential!

OK, I got Steels out the way, now I needed a way to deal with Porygon-Zs worst enemies - Ghost types. Yes, mostly those pesky Rotom formes and Gengar, which I can't touch since I'm not running Dark Pulse. So, this is where Scizor comes in. Not only is Scizor such a threat to the entire OU metagame, he also makes a superb Pursuit trapper. He is also used for taking out Tyrannitar, and the less common Weavile who will ruin my sweep with its speed and priority. Amongst other things of course.

OK, we've handle Steel types, Ghost types and potential threats. You know what else made Porygon-Z extinct? Damn Scarfers. Mostly the Scarf'd Dragons like Flygon. Now, people think Scarf'd Flygon is pretty deadly, which it is, it completely walks over Porygon-Z that's for sure. But is it really that hard to take down? Well, since it's such a threat I think we all know what needs to be done. Mamoswine! Seriously, why don't people use this more? It completely checks ALL Dragon tpes, and with its priority move Ice Shard, great attack, Flygon doesn't stand a chance of ruining my fun. Yes.

OK, now I know what you're saying. "Oh man, 3 Pokémon who just get obliterated by Fire type moves, Heatran would totally walk through this team. Well you're right. *Sad face* But, let's try to fix that. Originally all I wanted was a rapid spinner, but when I realized I could have both a Heatran counter, and Rapid Spinner I was like "fuck yes!". Starmie fits both these roles. Starmie is a beast, nuff said. Honestly, this thing just tears holes in peoples faces, making Porygon-Zs sweep just that much easier, plus clearing up all entry hazards that could be a potential threat.

Now all roles are covered and Porygon-Z can have a nice clean sweep I just needed one more thing. A lead. But I thought otherwise. I got myself an Anti-Lead. Dragonite is my favourite Anti-Lead, 2HKO'ing every lead I am aware of and can do some serious damage throughout the game. + It's a great switch in for Fire, Grass and Ground attacks. I'm still a bit skeptical about setting up rocks, do I need...nevermind.

Well that's the team.
In Depth Look

Chunky Bum @

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Spd/252 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake

Anti-Lead Dragonite...what can I say? This thing was made to completely annihilate todays top leads of OU. This lead has been proven to be quite useful, as his general bulk almost promises he'll survive anything any lead could through at him and counter it with a swift 2HKO with *Insert move* + Extremespeed. Except that lead explodes :c...
---

Ice Tea @

Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Ice Shard

Standard CB Mamoswine is used to check any Dragon type, most specifically the Choice Scarf'd ones. It does this simply with its priority STAB move, coming off at an extremely high damage stat when paired with Choice Band. I also use this as my Blissey-breaker, because even Blissey wouldn't love a Choice Banded Super power to the chest. No-sir-e.
---

Red Ranger @

Ability: Technician
EVs: 12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Scarf'd Scizor is such a beast. Guarantees the fate of any Ghost type that doesn't seemingly get behind a sub and carries HP fire D:
But yeah, use Starmie as a Ghost bait, then send in Scizor on the Shadow Ball, or Thunderbolt and continue to pursuit, killing them of course! Standard...
---

Patrick @

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Not this guy. He's too busy keeping certain threats in line, while being able to spin away any entry hazards. Thinking of changing this to a Scarf set to counter Heatran, Gyarados, Vaporeon and just general Pokémon. But Life Orb does well none the less. Just ScarfTran might be a problem o:
---

UFO @

Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/162 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My Steel killer / Blissey Check / Screen setup. It's simple, switch into a Fortress or helpless Steel type, set up Screens and proceed to kill with HP fire. Wait for the switch, explode in their face if they can be a thorn in Zs side, or switch into a Pokémon that can handle it better.
---

Trojan @

Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

The star of the show! It's simple, take advantage of the easy playing field and screens. Get behind a Sub, NP up, and continue to demolish the rest of the Pokémon left. I was a bit skeptical of this set at first, but it works wonders! No need for Dark Pulse since Scizor will get rid of any Ghosts before hand. This works quite effectively, and I love it<3

Sweep success. The King is back!

Click me!
Ose switched in Patrick (lvl 100 Starmie).
Ose switched in Porygonz (lvl 100 Porygonz).
Umbreon used Protect.
Umbreon protected itself!
The wish came true!
Umbreon restored 50% of its health.
Porygonz's leftovers restored its health a little!
Porygonz restored 6% of its health.
Umbreon's leftovers restored its health a little!
Umbreon restored 6% of its health.

Porygonz used Nasty Plot.
Porygonz's special attack was sharply raised.
Umbreon used Taunt.
Porygonz fell for the taunt!

Porygonz used Tri Attack.
Umbreon lost 56% of its health.
Umbreon used Wish.
Umbreon made a wish!
Porygonz restored 1% of its health.

chrisrandom9 switched in Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra ♀).
Porygonz used Hidden Power.
Kingdra lost 51% of its health.
The wish came true!
Kingdra restored 50% of its health.

Kingdra lost 99% of its health.
chrisrandom9's Kingdra fainted.

chrisrandom9 switched in Umbreon (lvl 100 Umbreon ♂).
Taunt prohibits the use of this move.
Umbreon used Protect.
Porygonz's taunt wore off!

Umbreon used Wish.
Umbreon made a wish!

Porygonz used Substitute.
Porygonz lost 25% of its health.
Porygonz made a substitute!
Umbreon used Payback.
The substitute took damage for Porygonz!
Porygonz's substitute faded!
The wish came true!
Umbreon restored 39% of its health.

It's super effective!
Umbreon lost 73% of its health.
Umbreon used Payback.
Porygonz lost 33% of its health.

Umbreon used Protect.

Umbreon lost 39% of its health.
chrisrandom9's Umbreon fainted.

chrisrandom9 switched in Arcanine (lvl 100 Arcanine ♂).
Arcanine's Intimidate cut Porygonz's attack!
Arcanine used Extremespeed.
Porygonz lost 39% of its health.
Arcanine lost 36% of its health.
chrisrandom9's Arcanine fainted.
Ose wins!
chrisrandom9 has left the room.
Ose: GG

Some changes I was thinking of
Agility Porygon-Z set instead. Or even a double stat boosting set!

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Tri Attack

---

Currently testing;
Porygon-Z @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Thunderwave

Mono attacking, but if the others play their roles correctly it can be pulled off. Easier to set up!

-Adding a status inducer. Roserade maybe, with Toxic Spikes and Sleep Powder? It could help wear down Pokémon giving Porygon-Z an easier sweep, or easy setup bait.

-Adding a cleric. Not necessary but not useless.

-Adding Special Sponges to deal with ScarfTran.

-Adding Bulky Water type? Vaporeon could be Cleric, Wish Supporter, Special Sponge and ScarfTran check, all in one. Hmmm

-Changing Zone to Dual Screen Memento Uxie. I lost the Steel trapping ability, but gain a free slot for Porygon-Z to set up.

-Swapping Sub for Thunderbolt / Ice Beam.

-Adding Bulky Phazer Suicune for a phazer, and ScarfTran check.

-Adding a ScarfCross to check Blissey, Umbreon, Tyrannitar and as a wall breaker.

-RestTalk Gyarados

Happy ratings!

A few notes: make this a paralysis support team. This will solve the issue of Porygon-Z's speed and so he can focus on power. Also, take off Substitute and put a Cleric on the team. I'm not sure who, but this will free up slots for PZ. Put Thunderbolt and Ice Beam in place of Substitute and HP Fighting. Also, maybe switch Mamoswine to a Choice Scarf version so he can outspeed and kill Heatran with Earthquake. Oh, and you definitely need rocks up. I think Celebi's Tinkerbell set would do wonders here. Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave, exactly what PZ wants. Good luck, love the idea behind this. Hope it works.

Hi there.

While this looks like a solid team, there are a few areas to improve on.

Your team has a weakness to Dragon Dance Gyarados. Gyarados can switch in against any move from Mamoswine bar Stone Edge, as well as Scizor and proceed to set up. After a single Dragon Dance, Offensive LO Gyarados can outspeed and nearly OHKO every Pokemon on your team with Waterfall/EQ.

In order to remedy this, I suggest you replace Mamoswine with this Heatran set:

Heatran @ Shuca
Naive 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Explosion

I would also recommend you replace Magnezone with this:

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Timid 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~T-bolt
~Overheat
~Trick
~HP Ground

When I first glanced at this team, I noticed that Mamoswine seems to be the weakest link in the chain, as its only role is to check and kill Scarf Flygon. However, the only way Flygon is going to effectively stay in on Mamoswine is if it's locked into Outrage. At that point, however, you can easily just have Scizor Bullet Punch it to death.

This Heatran set allows you to set up Stealth Rock, resisting Dragonite's weaknesses in Dragon and Ice in the process. Stealth Rock helps your team weaken Gyarados and Dragonite, the former being a major threat. Heatran can also Explode on Blissey, opening your way for a P-Z sweep. Finally, Heatran can switch in on Scizor with relative impunity, giving you a chance to fire off a Fire Blast or set up Stealth Rock.

Magnezone's job here appears to be to trap Steel types and set up screens. If you add Heatran, however, you'll have little issue with Steel types. Thus, I recommend you replace it with a Scarfed Rotom.

Rotom helps your team check DD Gyarados, who, again, is a major threat. It also cripples Blissey with Trick, helping P-Z sweep. You mentioned a weakness to Choice Scarf Heatran; Rotom can lure in Heatran and kill it with HP Ground. Overheat allows you to check Steel types, in particular Scizor and Lucario.

Since your team generally does not mind Stealth Rock, seeing as only Dragonite is weak to it, I recommend you change Rapid Spin on Starmie to Recover. This allows you to check Heatran more easily, and gives Starmie some much-needed longevity.

Finally, I don't really see the use of Substitute on P-Z. You're probably better off with Dark Pulse.

Good luck with your team. Hope I helped.

hp fight seems pretty poor on PZ. you're completely walled by ghosts. try HP water for the best coverage with normal STAB

As he said, Scizor will be taking care of the ghosts beforehand. Unless it's Dusknoir, which in that case you're pretty much screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)