Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Dark Void (Spore)
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Generic lead Smeargle. Dark Void over Spore because I've seen a bunch more Grass types in OU than you might expect. Heal Bell because I couldn't think of a better move.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 124 SDef / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Split the defenses to make it bulkier, but made it Bold to let it wall Talonflame that much harder. Hex after Will-O-Wisp feels great. The spread could use work, and I haven't abandoned the idea of just making it Modest and going SpAtk heavy.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Not sold on the EV spread here, but I can't deny that it takes Special attacks like a boss, shrugging off Mega Gengar Focus Blasts like a champ. Iron Head over EQ because Steel is pretty nice for coverage now, I hear. Brick Break because I've seen a ton of Klefki that double Screen and it gets on my nerves.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Dazzling Gleam

Speaking of Megengar, I went with 3 moves Sub to most effectively become a revenge killer that can have some longevity against status effects. Perhaps having Wish support somewhere on my team would help, but so far it hasn't really needed any. Dazzling Gleam for my 3rd move because I liked the coverage it gave me.

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Iron Head

Bandchomp is still a monster, and is still a really threatening Physical sweeper. Generally performs cleanup at the end. Again, Iron Head over Stone Edge for coverage.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Defog, physical tank, U-turn to scout out, Bullet Punch to finish things off with priority... I really like this build. Roost especially has impressed me, but I often wonder if this isn't really the right place for Scizor and if I really wanted Defog I should use Crobat or even just outright use Rapid Spin on something like Avalugg.

This is my first RMT in a while, so it isn't fancy and I'm not entirely sure if I included enough information, but there you have it.

EDIT: Just realized that Smeargle can't learn Dark Void in non-Bank OU (or at least shouldn't be able to) so that move is temporarily changed to Spore until someone can tell me it's possible.

Last edited:
Run king's shield on Smeargle so if someone wants to fake you out and break the sash i.e. MegaKanga you can give it a -2 attack for its troubles.

If you're worried about Grass-types, Lovely Kiss has pretty much the same accuracy as Dark Void.

Also, I really don't see the point in a running a dedicated Hazard lead and then running Defog on Scizor. Not really sure what could go in there but Pursuit can probably do okay.

If you're worried about Grass-types, Lovely Kiss has pretty much the same accuracy as Dark Void.

Also, I really don't see the point in a running a dedicated Hazard lead and then running Defog on Scizor. Not really sure what could go in there but Pursuit can probably do okay.
I agree with the statement about scizor your team should not have a defog user, put a choice band on scizor to late game sweep, kings shield is also a good move over heal bell as smeargle isn't ever gonna use that move, give garchomp choice scarf to have a solid revenge killer and change dclaw to outrage, getting a fairy to come in on a locked outrage isn't a problem since the immunity allows you to switch out immediately to scizor who will threaten with stab bpunch or keep momentum with u-turn as they switch.

The biggest problem I see is against defog users because you have no Mon with taunt they can easily blow away the hazards that you have dedicated a whole pok to set up, also Smeargle can not reliably come in later in the match to re setup so he is a potentially wasted pok

King's Shield on Smeargle does seem interesting, I'll try it out.

Sweet Kiss is just too low accuracy wise, I'll stick with Spore until I can get Dark Void.

You guys are saying that Defog Scizor is a waste, and that I should try to get a Taunter on the team. What sounds good to you guys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)