ORAS LC Not a UU team! Yay! Edit: More Help Needed. Please do!

He-yo! This is my third RMT. I'll cut the intro and start:)

Teambuilding:

Ok so I can't actually remember how this team came to be. I was bored and slapped a bunch of random mons together then it went from there. Instead I'll put the roles of the mons.

Zigzagoon-My fav LC mon! -ish! This thing is the primary wincon and is also my best setup sweeper.

Anorith-My hazard setter and remover! Hes fast and fairly strong so can damage enemies after its done its job.

Diglett-My trapper. For weakened foes.

Fletching-strong priority and volturn core.

Magnemite-decent defensive and offensive pokemon. Voltturns with Fletchling

Carvanah-speed and db support.

Ok so that was my pokemons roles. This is a longer description.

Ziggy (Zigzagoon) (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
Level: 5
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 108 Def / 28 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Essentially, this is the star of the team. Due to berry juice, it can almost always set up BD. Extreme Speed destroys teams once ghost rock and steel types are removed and the other two moves just try to cover some gaps.

Buggy (Anorith) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

This is my lead. Standard SR plus RS, it can check the SW setters which really annoy this team and its stab moves can hit most pokes put against it. However it cant hit steel and fighting types.

Doug (Diglett) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide
- Double-Edge

Standard LO revenge killer. It can remove Mienfoo and Pawniard and helps vs the fighting weakness my team has. Plz evolve into a Doug-trio!

Tweeter (Fletchling) (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Spe
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Roost
- Tailwind

This is another strong priority user :) it is a fairly strong attacker and supports with tailwind. U-turn and roost are self explanatory.

Moon Cheese (Magnemite) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Recycle
- Flash Cannon

Essentially a slot-filler. Adds bulk and decent power. Thinder wave can cripple attackers and lets it recycle easily. Go green!

Jaws (Carvanha) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 40 HP / 196 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Crunch
- Waterfall

My fast water type :) Speed boost and destiny bond compliment each other. Max spe evs allow it to outspeed most scarfed mons after a boost and tie with max spe mienshao.

Thanks for reading:) I'm still a bit sucky so ill take any advice you'll give:)

Hello! Good looking team, but allow me one suggestion: replace Carvanha's Destiny Bond with Zen Headbutt. Carvanha is my baby, man, and it should be used to clean up towards the end of the game. Zen Headbutt allows you to deal with Mienfoo and Timburr, both common right now, without having to die first. The new set would look like this:

Jaws (Carvanha) (M) Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch
- Waterfall

I modified the nature, too, because Carvanha needs the damage more than it needs the speed thanks to Speed Boost

Hello! Good looking team, but allow me one suggestion: replace Carvanha's Destiny Bond with Zen Headbutt. Carvanha is my baby, man, and it should be used to clean up towards the end of the game. Zen Headbutt allows you to deal with Mienfoo and Timburr, both common right now, without having to die first. The new set would look like this:

Jaws (Carvanha) (M) Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch
- Waterfall

I modified the nature, too, because Carvanha needs the damage more than it needs the speed thanks to Speed Boost
Thanks dude! I'll look at this now!

Hi! Another post, I'm struggling with the damage output of some of my team members. Magnemite Fletchling and Diglett keep falling flat and I wondered if anybody has a solution or replacement. Thanks, SSF

Hi! Another post, I'm struggling with the damage output of some of my team members. Magnemite Fletchling and Diglett keep falling flat and I wondered if anybody has a solution or replacement. Thanks, SSF
Instead of Magnemite, try this:

Elekid @ Choice Specs
Ability: Vital Spirit
Timid/Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- HP Ice
- Signal Beam
- Psychic

Arrange the EVs so that you're running max SpA and Speed and make sure your total HP is 19.

If you're having trouble with Fletchling, try Swords Dance. Otherwise, consider running Berry Juice Archen.

Tr
Instead of Magnemite, try this:

Elekid @ Choice Specs
Ability: Vital Spirit
Timid/Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- HP Ice
- Signal Beam
- Psychic

Arrange the EVs so that you're running max SpA and Speed and make sure your total HP is 19.

If you're having trouble with Fletchling, try Swords Dance. Otherwise, consider running Berry Juice Archen.
Trying them now :)

no... no no no. I can't allow that. I'm not the best team rater in terms of overall team composition, but, and I mean no offense to you or Rakem, the sets you have and that he has been suggesting are sub-optimal at best.

Carvahna should be running a set similar to this:
Carvanha @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet / Zen Headbutt
- Protect / Destiny Bond

You can probably get away with any combo of the last two slots, but those are generally the best moves to run on Carv. The HP IV is at 0 in order to lower your HP number to 19 so Life Orb will only do 1 HP of damage instead of 2.

Concerning Diglett, Double Edge is really pointless and I think you'd be better off running either Substitute in that last slot to attempt to get around Sucker Punch from Pawniard or Memento in order to give Ziggy easier set-up opportunities.

Furthermore, if you really want to switch from Magnemite to Elekid, please don't use Specs. As a general rule, Choice Specs and Choice Band in LC are inferior to Life Orb, so a better Elekid set would be something along the line of this:
Elekid @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The HP IV is 1 in order to get the HP number to 19 just as with Carvahna, and also maintain HP Ground. Speaking of HP Ground, that move is primarily for Chinchou and opposing Magnemite, though if you determine Mag to be less annoying than stuff like Drilbur, you can run HP Grass there instead.

If you stick with Mag though, I recommend changing to Timid as it is just generally better on non-scarfed Mag.

Other nitpick things include changing Rock Slide on Anorith to Rock Blast, mainly because Rock Blast is really cool for getting past Focus Sashes. Also, because of the way damage rolls work in LC, Rock Blast often can out damage Rock Slide. You could also change X-Scissor for Knock Off, on Anorith because of the team support that Knock Off provides, but that's up to you.

That's all I'm gonna say for now. Good luck with your team.

no... no no no. I can't allow that. I'm not the best team rater in terms of overall team composition, but, and I mean no offense to you or Rakem, the sets you have and that he has been suggesting are sub-optimal at best.

Carvahna should be running a set similar to this:
Carvanha @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet / Zen Headbutt
- Protect / Destiny Bond

You can probably get away with any combo of the last two slots, but those are generally the best moves to run on Carv. The HP IV is at 0 in order to lower your HP number to 19 so Life Orb will only do 1 HP of damage instead of 2.

Concerning Diglett, Double Edge is really pointless and I think you'd be better off running either Substitute in that last slot to attempt to get around Sucker Punch from Pawniard or Memento in order to give Ziggy easier set-up opportunities.

Furthermore, if you really want to switch from Magnemite to Elekid, please don't use Specs. As a general rule, Choice Specs and Choice Band in LC are inferior to Life Orb, so a better Elekid set would be something along the line of this:
Elekid @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The HP IV is 1 in order to get the HP number to 19 just as with Carvahna, and also maintain HP Ground. Speaking of HP Ground, that move is primarily for Chinchou and opposing Magnemite, though if you determine Mag to be less annoying than stuff like Drilbur, you can run HP Grass there instead.

If you stick with Mag though, I recommend changing to Timid as it is just generally better on non-scarfed Mag.

Other nitpick things include changing Rock Slide on Anorith to Rock Blast, mainly because Rock Blast is really cool for getting past Focus Sashes. Also, because of the way damage rolls work in LC, Rock Blast often can out damage Rock Slide. You could also change X-Scissor for Knock Off, on Anorith because of the team support that Knock Off provides, but that's up to you.

That's all I'm gonna say for now. Good luck with your team.
I understand that Life Orb is usually superior to specs. Like I've said, I consider myself fairly proficient at LC. I know the general rules (eviolite numbers, LO over Specs and Band, the superiority of 19 hp, etc.). However, I have run some calcs, and with this pokemon this is not the case.

With Specs:
240 SpA Choice Specs Elekid Psychic vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

With LO:
240 SpA Life Orb Elekid Psychic vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 16-21 (76.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

It's a question of 2 points of HP, but in LC that could mean the difference between life and death. Plus, Specs keeps you from losing HP every turn which is always nice.

In response to your carvanha set, those moves are exactly what I said, I simply had forgotten to edit the EVs he was running to give Carvanha the 19 HP.

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't think you should replace Magnemite at all. Without it acting as a safety net, you struggle against all sorts of sweepers, such as Shell Smashers like Shellder and Omanyte. Although Elekid is more difficult to switch into for the opposing team, the holes this change would open up would be very difficult to deal with. Instead, you could try running Endure over Thunder Wave - this lets you more easily get it to full health (assuming it still has Berry Juice). This way, you can use Magnemite early- and mid-game with less hassle, especially to check Fairy-types which you struggle to switch in on otherwise, as well as make it less reliant on Rapid Spin.

At this point, some major threats I could really see your team struggling against are Pawniard, Overheat Fletchling, Water spam, and Fighting-types. Pawniard is a relatively simple fix - Diglett almost never needs Double-Edge due to its lack of coverage, so you could just run Substitute over Double-Edge to get around Pawniard's Sucker Punch, which leaves you open only to Scarf Pawniard.

The vulnerability to Overheat Fletchling can be remedied by using Support Archen over Anorith. I normally do not like this set very much as it lacks the offensive presence of other Archen sets, but it fits into your team well. Unlike Anorith, Archen can hit Fighting-types hard with its Flying-type STAB, and resists Fletchling's Acrobatics.
Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Acrobatics / Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
Stealth Rock and Defog let Archen do what Anorith do, although you should make sure you don't accidentally Defog away your own Stealth Rock. Earthquake is important coverage to hit Steel-types on the switch, as Diglett can be difficult to get into play. A STAB move lets Archen pose as a decent offensive threat.

As for your weaknesses to Scarf Pawniard, Water spam, and Fighting-types, Croagunk over Fletchling should do the trick. Remember that Fletchling is not a good check to Fighting-types, as it struggles to OHKO many of them. You could use Cottonee instead if you're fond of Tailwind, but one of your complaints about Fletchling was its lack of offensive presence, which Cottonee would not fix. Admittedly, Croagunk fills a very different role from Fletchling, so this change may take some getting used to.
Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Dark Pulse
A bulky variant of Croagunk would probably be best to check what it needs to without being worn down so easily, and also pack some offensive presence.

Gunk Shot is an interesting choice for Zigzagoon, but if you're looking to break through Snubbull or Spritzee, I think that Return over Gunk Shot would be enough to do the trick. Return is a guaranteed OHKO on Spritzee after Stealth Rock, and other than its better accuracy, it also hits other Pokemon that might be able to survive Extremespeed, like Porygon and Munchlax.

All of what Joltage said is excellent for future reference, by the way, even if they wouldn't be applicable should you choose to take my suggestions. I definitely support changing your Carvanha spread to what he recommended, using Zen Headbutt and Protect as Rakem suggested. Also, if you're ever unsure of EV spreads and such, feel free to have a look at the analyses - they're generally a good place to start for any Pokemon ranked C or over on the viability rankings.

That's all I have for now. Good luck!

I don't think you should replace Magnemite at all. Without it acting as a safety net, you struggle against all sorts of sweepers, such as Shell Smashers like Shellder and Omanyte. Although Elekid is more difficult to switch into for the opposing team, the holes this change would open up would be very difficult to deal with. Instead, you could try running Endure over Thunder Wave - this lets you more easily get it to full health (assuming it still has Berry Juice). This way, you can use Magnemite early- and mid-game with less hassle, especially to check Fairy-types which you struggle to switch in on otherwise, as well as make it less reliant on Rapid Spin.

At this point, some major threats I could really see your team struggling against are Pawniard, Overheat Fletchling, Water spam, and Fighting-types. Pawniard is a relatively simple fix - Diglett almost never needs Double-Edge due to its lack of coverage, so you could just run Substitute over Double-Edge to get around Pawniard's Sucker Punch, which leaves you open only to Scarf Pawniard.

The vulnerability to Overheat Fletchling can be remedied by using Support Archen over Anorith. I normally do not like this set very much as it lacks the offensive presence of other Archen sets, but it fits into your team well. Unlike Anorith, Archen can hit Fighting-types hard with its Flying-type STAB, and resists Fletchling's Acrobatics.
Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Acrobatics / Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
Stealth Rock and Defog let Archen do what Anorith do, although you should make sure you don't accidentally Defog away your own Stealth Rock. Earthquake is important coverage to hit Steel-types on the switch, as Diglett can be difficult to get into play. A STAB move lets Archen pose as a decent offensive threat.

As for your weaknesses to Scarf Pawniard, Water spam, and Fighting-types, Croagunk over Fletchling should do the trick. Remember that Fletchling is not a good check to Fighting-types, as it struggles to OHKO many of them. You could use Cottonee instead if you're fond of Tailwind, but one of your complaints about Fletchling was its lack of offensive presence, which Cottonee would not fix. Admittedly, Croagunk fills a very different role from Fletchling, so this change may take some getting used to.
Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Dark Pulse
A bulky variant of Croagunk would probably be best to check what it needs to without being worn down so easily, and also pack some offensive presence.

Gunk Shot is an interesting choice for Zigzagoon, but if you're looking to break through Snubbull or Spritzee, I think that Return over Gunk Shot would be enough to do the trick. Return is a guaranteed OHKO on Spritzee after Stealth Rock, and other than its better accuracy, it also hits other Pokemon that might be able to survive Extremespeed, like Porygon and Munchlax.

All of what Joltage said is excellent for future reference, by the way, even if they wouldn't be applicable should you choose to take my suggestions. I definitely support changing your Carvanha spread to what he recommended, using Zen Headbutt and Protect as Rakem suggested. Also, if you're ever unsure of EV spreads and such, feel free to have a look at the analyses - they're generally a good place to start for any Pokemon ranked C or over on the viability rankings.

That's all I have for now. Good luck!
This is slightly off topic but I never expected to be mentioned in a post by Corporal Levi of all people. Dude you're like my idol on here.

Hi SuperSixFighters, you've got a cool team here. However, it is notably weak to top offensive threats suchas Mienfoo, Pawniard, Fletchling, Archen, and Omanyte. Levi fixed most of your problems with Fletchling and Omanyte, but there are still ways the team can be improved.

-By changing your Magnemite to Endure like Levi suggested, your Magnemite can function as an emergency Omanyte check which is very good! I also agree with Levi that Archen should be used over Anorith, because your Magnemite fails to counter Overheat Fletchlng and Archen can harm Pawniard and Fighting-types.

-Even with Croagunk on your team, you really struggle with Scarf Mienfoo, Timburr, and Pawniard. Scarf Mienfoo outspeeds and OHKOes everything on your team except Croagunk, Timburr is bulky enough to muscle past a weakened Croagunk when it uses Bulk Up, and Pawniard severely weakens Croagunk with Knock Off so it can only safely come in once. Your team lacks a secondary Fighting-resist or Dark-resist, so Croagunk is forced to do like 5 jobs for your team, and with Croagunk's subpar defenses it usually ends up doing those jobs very poorly with no other Pokemon to help it defensively. To help Croagunk by checking Fighting-types and sponging Knock Offs, you can consider running Snubbull>Carvanha. Although this takes away Carvanha's wallbreaking power, it allows Croagunk to check the mons it wants to and even wallbreak itself with Nasty Plot. Snubbull's no slouch offensively either, and it also helps make up for losing Fletchling's Tailwind and Magnemite's Thunder Wave by providing its own Thunder Wave. Fire Punch also lets you lure Ferroseed to help Zigzagoon sweep!
Snubbull @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Thief
- Thunder Wave
-On Zigzagoon itself, I would agree with Levi that Return is more helpful than Gunk Shot. I would also like to recommend Thief>Seed Bomb on Zigzagoon. Although Seed Bomb sounds nice for things like Tirtouga that resist Espeed, these mons lose to a +6 Thief followed by Extreme Speed. Thief not only beats the same stuff (without needing Sturdy broken in the case of Tirtouga), but it also ensures Zigzagoon isn't walled by Pumpkaboo. The extra bulk Zigzagoon gains by stealing Eviolites is also very helpful, even letting it win 1v1 vs Timburr when Zigzagoon is at full health.

That's all I have for your team, hope I helped and good luck using it in the future!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)