Now is your Chanse(y)! WiFI Tournament Series 2 ROUND 2!

Yeah reading over that again that would probably make those inactive people just not care.

Maybe the real answer would have been to only allow active members to participate. Meaning a limited number of people. For example a 36 person tournament would have one or two uncompleted battles.

Ambitions - Sorry its too close to the deadline to arrange that.

tuskate - Hence the PM I sent, which everyone swore by their word that they would complete their battles, and the 'must have a trade thread' requirement.

Poos. I should have know this when my opponent said he could only battle in the morning and has a bad connection. Now if feel like a vagina. Sorry we couldn't get our battle done Pablo....well maybe Mr. Happy will show up.

Are you the same pablo as the one on gamefaq? Anyways, smogon is in no way close to the respond rate of the people at gamefaq so you have to assume that somewhere along the lines they will lose interest or not respond. In fact most smogoners are slow pm people. D:

I don't visit gamefaqs forums forbidden.

Last tournament people used 'exams' and classes as an excuse, now they simply don't even bother lol, so retarded.

I still find it so lame that Smogon boasts being the most competitive Pokemon website, yet the only thing it DOESN'T excel at is the actual PLAYING the game part.

I forgot about the PMs.

Shows how seriously people take commitments around here.

Btw, Forb. That may be the first positive thing I've ever heard about GameFaqs.

Hey Pablo, we should just a mod to infarct every one who gives excuses to not battle next round. I mean if you sign up and don't battle you pay right...sarcasm or not?

Btw, Forb. That may be the first positive thing I've ever heard about GameFaqs.
In general, Gamefaq is great. They have many useful guides and I think they're the first to come up with a Chaining guide. Their trading community? Not so much. :(

I still find it so lame that Smogon boasts being the most competitive Pokemon website, yet the only thing it DOESN'T excel at is the actual PLAYING the game part.
Smogon wifi has been dead boring recently, it will probably liven up when Platinum comes and everyone comes back to trade. :naughty:

I'm also dead since I've been playing the "World ends with you", still need to find someone to help me transfer some stuff before I'm battle ready and have space to trade.

Interestingly enough there is only one uncompleted battle that features two people at 1-0 (SWchill and Kopakalla). The only other previous winner to not complete their battle or get some kind of resolution is TheHuntBegins, who will likely get the win based on activity.

So what this tells me is a standard, march madness style, single elimantion tournament might work better here on Smogon.

Pablo- I know you said it's too close to the deadline, but I could battle Ambitions. I understand if you don't want to change things, though.

SWChill still hasn't responded, and I'm guessing he won't at this point.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think one of the main problems with this is that people only PM with like "battle now ok? Going to wifi" rather than "I'll be on from 5-6 PM EST tomorrow and will be available to battle anytime then, does that work for you?"

People should set up times rather than doing the former.

I hope these last battles do get done though, it'd be the cools.

Posting to say I'm here and will definately complete my battle. I have just been very bust lately for reals. We have had a few people quit and get fired at work so I had to put in some extra time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)