np: Doubles Stage 2 - Slumber (THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, [SLEEP] FREE AT LAST)

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Edit: Seeing that mostly SleepPowder and Spore are used, did anyone have success with SapSipper Pokemon?
Sap Sipper Goodra is good, and that was even before the Sleep Clause-less ladder. With an Assualt Vest and its great special bulk, it is excellent against sun teams due to strong match-ups against most Fire-types and Grass-types. It is probably the best individual Pokemon answer to the Mega Zard + Venasaur combo (though don't just rely on Goodra for this), and it also fairs well against other common Pokemon like Rotom-W and Latios - Timid Latios' Specs Draco Meteor never OHKOs, whilst Goodra's unboosted Draco Meteor will always OHKO.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
THE VOTES ARE IN:

SLEEP IS FREE!

this thread will stay open and stickied until the next suspect test; feel free to share literally whatever you want about the metagame here as long as it's a decent, on-topic post. I expect a lot of early discussion will be related to metagame shifts with sleep but discussion is not confined to these, this is a place to discuss whatever you want, similar to this thread but for doubles

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be like those Southerners that still hang Confederate flags even after the Union won and refuse to put more than one Pokemon to sleep at a time in my battles.

to give this post a little more content, I think that Substitute users will be a cool way to prey on Sleep users who will inevitably see a rise in usage, at least in the short term. Outside of the benefits they already possessed, like dodging Intimidate and burns, being able to essentially make the Sleep user waste their turn while having a Pokemon behind a Sub is a great position to be in, so I think that Substitute users will be that much more potent post-Sleep clause

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)