np: OU Suspect Testing Round 4 - Blaze of Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol @people bitching about Latios and it staying OU. Guess you'll need to get two more consecutive majorities :P (this goes for Excadrill and Deoxys too).

I guess its a fair trade. I think Garchomp added something to the metagame, but I don't care either way.

Thundurus...should hopefully stay OU for next round.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
garchomp gone, I dont think it deserved it but w/e

thunderus I think is OU but I dont disagree with its nomination

others are lol

seriously dont bother nomming dory anymore

ok this process blows. somebody fix it.
Echoing goofball. I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of basic logic and common sense displayed by the voters. This goes for UU and LC as well. Something needs to change before this hole you have dug us into gets even deeper.

Jesus Thundurus nearly got banned!! it's not even that hard to deal with, Quagsire stops any set unless it decides to run HP grass. Focus Blast is pretty unreliable too!

All in all, I just don't think Thundurus deserves to be uber. He deserves to be uber as much as Excadrill. Hard to deal with, but not that big of a problem. But of course... it seems next round he'll most likely end up uber.

So wait, what makes Latios and Deoxys-E healthier for the metagame than the previous round? Maybe there should've been more discussion about these two instead of whining about Garchomp. They should've been the priority suspects, after all.

Also, see the pattern:

Blaziken: Banned on the suspect test it gets introduced in.
Latios/Deo-E: Majority, but gets no further discussion on the following round
Garchomp: Banned on the suspect it gets introduced in.
Latios/Deo-E: No further discussion -> Nobody bothers voting for their ban.

Now that Thundurus is a priority suspect, talk about HIM, not the next guy all over again.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Lol @people bitching about Latios and it staying OU. Guess you'll need to get two more consecutive majorities :P (this goes for Excadrill and Deoxys too).

I guess its a fair trade. I think Garchomp added something to the metagame, but I don't care either way.

Thundurus...should hopefully stay OU for next round.
You don't care that garchomp got banned, eh? When I said that I wouldn't care if he got banned earlier on in this very thread, you argued against me.

With Garchomp banned, I'll have to remove him from the few teams he's on. I never carried any counters to him anyway, so this doesn't have any effect on my team building aside from that.

Nothing really changed for Latios/Deo-E between the Blaziken's banning and the round prior. Just goes to show that the system is based on the whim of the voters (aka the right combination of votes).

You don't care that garchomp got banned, eh? When I said that I wouldn't care if he got banned earlier on in this very thread, you argued against me.
True. I would rather have him stay than go, because I think he adds something positive. Does it personally affect me? No, I don't use Garchomp too often.

Echoing goofball. I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of basic logic and common sense displayed by the voters. This goes for UU and LC as well. Something needs to change before this hole you have dug us into gets even deeper.
^ this all the way. I still am unable to believe that Drizzle stayed.

At least Garchomp can always be retested when Rough Skin is released. No one should really have any dispute with that since the only thing ive seen is "Sand Veil makes it too much" or at least i hope lol. :\

Also what i wanted to ask, in regards to SmashPassing. What do we do next round if Reach wont let us complex ban it and we feel its still broken ? I mean it was nominated alot and could of been voted on and if enough people nom it it cant be ignored really, so yeah. :s

Can't agree with this more. Can't see how just random people (albeit good players) decide how a pokemon will be used for everyone.
well than who should decide? IIRC, the suspect testers are high on the ladder, which means they have more experiance and knowlage of what is broken.

well than who should decide? IIRC, the suspect testers are high on the ladder, which means they have more experiance and knowlage of what is broken.
What he means is "I don't like the result so I'll bitch about the system and make it seem that only people on my side should be voting."

It's the easiest way to attack the results without having to back anything up. Personally, I'm not a fan of Drizzle staying and have decided it's about time I get off my ass and get voting reqs so I can vote it Uber. Everything else is fine.

At least Snunch actually got voting rights to affect change.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have to say I am extremely disappointed with the number of people complaining about the system or attacking the voters. It's as if people are assuming that their point of view is automatically right and anyone who disagrees is stupid. News flash people, not everyone agrees with you, and you are not automatically right. I'm not saying I agree with every decision, but the system does exactly what it is supposed to.

When you start naming Quagsire as the only partial counter to a pokemon , that's when you know its broken. How does thunder bro not get banned but garchomp basically gets voted almost unanimously? It does deserve to be banned but honestly what has a more diverse moveset and attack stats and speed than thunder genie? There needs to be more communication with the voters for sure.

Honestly I'm happy with the bannings, and I don't see why you all are having such a problem with the process. The pokemon and abilities were banned (or not banned) because they could be used against the best players in the ladder, and still win regardless of strategy. Excadrill can be countered by priority, Scarf, and even Taunt (to keep from Swords Dance or Sub), Latios Is difficult to take down, but there are stategys to. But Garchomp had an element of luck to it. One miss and your screwed, regardless of how good you were doing.
The process gets rid of the pokemon and Abilitys that are broken, not the ones that are good or hard to take down
and @ Curtains, Garchomp does. IIRC, if you look at the Analysis, only three attacking moves are mentioned (granted they're good ones)

Honestly I'm happy with the bannings, and I don't see why you all are having such a problem with the process. The pokemon and abilities were banned (or not banned) because they could be used against the best players in the ladder, and still win regardless of strategy. Excadrill can be countered by priority, Scarf, and even Taunt (to keep from Swords Dance or Sub), Latios Is difficult to take down, but there are stategys to. But Garchomp had an element of luck to it. One miss and your screwed, regardless of how good you were doing.
The process gets rid of the pokemon and Abilitys that are broken, not the ones that are good or hard to take down
Thunderus has priority thunder wave, priority nastyplot , priority substitute. A 120 STAB bp 100% accurate move in rain with 30% para rate (iirc) ,Flawless coverage on everything, a very good speed stat ,oh not to mention good typing.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am extremely disappointed with the results on the Latios ban. I hate having to see people go with 2-3 redundant Steel-types per team dude to Latios' Draco Meteor putting the fear of God into them. Fortunately, Drizzle will make it very easy to dispose of them with boosted Specs Surfs, and I will be using this as a legitimate argument from now on when people start telling me Jirachi and Brozong are legitimate counters.

Thundurus, not so much. Drizzle is still here, and he still gets to use his Thunder, so he's just going to prove himself broken again this round, and promptly banned.

Say hello to your new god, Landorus. He will be rising in usage by the shitload this round, and he doesn't have a lot in the way of counters either. Any good Sand teams with Garchomp on them simply need to replace them with Landorus and rack up about the same amount of wins. There might need to be a little compromise with one less Fire resist, but the Fighting resist that allows it to cover for Ttar should be ample compensation.

I may have to revoke my policy of laddering strictly with Sun on my main accounts just to see if any of my theories hold water. They most likely do, but winning is fun even when you're not trying to prove a point.

See you guys on ladder.

Thunderus has priority thunder wave, priority nastyplot , priority substitute. A 120 STAB bp 100% accurate move in rain with 30% para rate (iirc) ,Flawless coverage on everything, a very good speed stat ,oh not to mention good typing.
Alright, Fair enough, my mistake

:/ Goodbye Garchomp, hello Flygon, and when I was just starting to get into UU... Now that Garchomp is gone, I guess people are going to use HP Ice less and moar HP Fire for Ferrothorn.

Garchomp got the boot. I iz happy.

Latios didn't get the boot. I'm actually not all that surprised. People were talking about Blaziken all this round and complex bans. Latios discussions got left in the dark. Maybe this round people will start discussing simple bans now. Though I doubt it if Garchomp's Dream World ability get's released this round. I'm sure that if it does, Latios won't even get a majority and neither will Thundurus.

Thundurus got a majority. Meh. I rarely face it myself but I use it enough so I figure it may be broken. Honostly I'm on the fence. If it does get banned however, I will be sad because I've lost such a good lead and I hate choosing a lead for my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)