np: UU - A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody give me a non-steel pokemon that isn't 2HKOd by Altarias +1 LO Outrage and can OHKO through Yache berry?
Regirock is 3hko'd even with no defensive ev's and threatens with stone edge (pos. nature & 172 atk is guaranteed ohko on 72 hp altaria).

Glaceon

also lol LO Outrage and Yache Berry
I know you think its funny that I think Altaria can have Life Orb and Yache berry at the same time, but I mentioned them both in same sentence because if a pokemon can ko the yache set but can't survive the LO set, than it's useless, as is a pokemon that can survive the LO set but can't ko the yache set.

I also wanted to post that there seems to be a glitch in shoddy that allows Slaking to switch out after using Giga Impact against a ghost type. A slaking used giga impact on my spiritomb, causing it to "miss", and then switched out. I don't think this is how it works in-game, as hitting something with an attack that it's immune to still counts as hitting it, but I'm probably wrong.

Can anybody give me a non-steel pokemon that isn't 1HKOd by Altarias +1 LO Outrage and can OHKO through Yache berry?
CB Relicanth with only 6 HP EVs takes maximum 73% from Altarias Earthquake with Yache Berry (and easily absorbs one Outrage if needed) and easily beats it with Head Smash. But if you need 100% Altaria Counter, Max HP CB Relicanth won't be OHKOed by any of her moves and easily KO her. Maybe that will help you ?

Well, I'm not really having problems beating it per se because I'm using Registeel right now, but I'm thinking that if the only way to beat it is with steelix and registeel its going to be a problem. I'm sure there is stuff out there that can whether 270 BP attacks coming from Altarias wimpy 70 atk, but I'm too lazy to look up pokemon and do the damage calcs.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I also wanted to post that there seems to be a glitch in shoddy that allows Slaking to switch out after using Giga Impact against a ghost type. A slaking used giga impact on my spiritomb, causing it to "miss", and then switched out. I don't think this is how it works in-game, as hitting something with an attack that it's immune to still counts as hitting it, but I'm probably wrong.
perhaps you "missed" regardless, as in actually missed (GI has 90% accuracy)

SubRoost Moltres is pretty ridiculous. You can't rely on Stone Edge at all against it. I'm surprised I've only faced one.

Combined with Toxic Spikes that thing could be deadly.

In most cases, I would suspect the Stone Edge is paired up with Earthquake (QuakEdge or w/e). So i don't think that it would be to much of a problem.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been using SubRoost Moltres extensively paired with Roserade Toxic Spikes support and Blastoise Rapid Spin support, and I can confirm that it is indeed deadly. Stone Edge's 8 PP go really quickly against a Pokemon with Pressure, especially if you successfully use WoW on the switch-in. Of course, using SubRoost Moltres requires you to use almost half a stall team to really use it well, but I'm running full stall, so that isn't a problem.

I've been experimenting with several leads for a number of different teams and I've come up with a couple of gems that are working out really well for me so far. Here's one:

Drifblim @ Choice Scarf
Timid
Unburden

224 Def / 48 SpD / 236 Spe

- Trick
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

This guy has been working wonders for me so far as a lead. It easily cripples a number of common leads (Crobat, Ambipom, Froslass etc) and a whole lot more besides. The EVs give 420 speed with Choice Scarf, enough to outrun lead Electrode who can be crippled with Trick so that it can't perform its usual Rain Dance + Explosion antics, making Rain teams much easier to deal with from the start (in fact I once almost swept a Rain team solely with this guy). Even after tricking away the scarf, Drifblim has 560 speed thanks to Unburden, which outruns almost everything even with a scarf, and can proceed to Will-o-wisp physical attackers before they can move, use STAB Shadow Ball for good consistent damage, or Destiny Bond to take something down with you. Very very useful.

Toxicroak seems to fit nicely in the new UU. It sets up on bulky water who rely on one STAB attack and toxic (like milotic). The taunt/SD/SP/CC set is fun. Been using the NP set and he is a good finisher.

Whats a good pokemon that counters mismagius? I've been using specially defensive Drapion, but its not doing much else besides counter mismagius.

Whats a good pokemon that counters mismagius? I've been using specially defensive Drapion, but its not doing much else besides counter mismagius.
PayBack Muk do his job in countering special opponents, he handles Mismagius quite well too. Bulky Altaria also works fine with her solid 75/105 defence. Whirlwind Noctowl also is fine, but watch out on Thunderbolt, making him worse option against it. But on standard Sub CM set it's solid.

Registeel works fine. Ironhead breaks subs and is a close 2hko I think. Either way steel can take on missy after a cm (mine has anyway).

I'm just using standard Tank set:

252 HP/ 68 Atk/ 188 SpD Brave or Adamant Nature

~ Poison Jab
~ Brick Break
~ PayBack
~ Giga Drain

Works really fine for me.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Iron Head Registeel does the job pretty effectively and provides great team support.
I run Iron Head/Thunder Wave/SR/Explode

Edit: Beaten by LMK

Glaceon @Leftovers
Nature:Calm
Ability:Snow Cloak
Ev's:252HP/216SpD/40Def
-Wish
-Protect
-Roar
-Ice Beam

my own counter to Raikou, CM mismagius, soaking up random hits like bulky waters, and Phazing enemies that can't touch it. This Glaceon can single-handedly destroy teams (especially hail) after i set up TS and SR. No one expects glaceon to have roar and it can get rid of those Raikou's to give you enough time to set up TS. I've actually had it live a Blaziken's Fire Blast, that's how bulky it is. Espeon's Life orb Hidden Power fighting does less then 55% unboosted, atleast that's how it was on shoddy.

I've faced that Glaceon, and my god its so hard to KO.... I had a nightmare of a time with it, and it made me lose the match. That thing was so annoying.. and it lives through a Blaziken Fire Blast? Man... now I have to think of something for my team that can actually counter that set.

I've faced that Glaceon, and my god its so hard to KO.... I had a nightmare of a time with it, and it made me lose the match. That thing was so annoying.. and it lives through a Blaziken Fire Blast? Man... now I have to think of something for my team that can actually counter that set.
then you probably fought me :D and yeah i remember your name

hmm. From my travel's so far it seems Bibarel is still viable (thanks Bologo) abnd it seems that abomasnow is still sexy :)

I dnt use it as a hail tema start, just as a lead.

Abomasnow @ specs
Quiet
252 Sp.Atk, 100 Atk, 152 HP
-Focus Punch
-Blizzard
-Energy Ball
-HP Ground

I may end up throwing n shadow ball or HP ghost to hit that damn Frosalss for SE, but i like the ocvergae Ground/ice gives me :)

Figures... lol.

Magneton sadly isn't doing too well for me. I'm sure it would be ok, if it weren't for the fact that the most common steel's right now don't really mind it too much. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)