NU Sweet Potato Award for Excellent Posting

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OP adapted from others posted
by Django, kokoloko, and Raseri

Welcome NU community members!​

The moderation team has decided that it's high time some incentive for posting in this fine forum was brought back. We want to recognize all of our excellent posters, and the constant efforts they put into our forum. As such, we are re-introducing the Sweet Potato Award. If you were around for BW NU, you’ve likely seen this thread pop up once or twice. The idea is that every one to two weeks the NU Moderation team will select one user who has been a particularly good poster in the sub forum. If you win this award, your name will be featured in this thread for all to see, along with links to several of your exemplary posts. Winning this award multiple times can lead to some other future awards, and maybe even some pretty pixels in your post bit.

What defines a good poster, you may ask? Well, I'll try to break down a list of criteria. Please note that this list is by no means exhaustive, but it should give you a good idea on how to succeed:

• Quality of posts. Overall, your posts should be worth reading. Readers of your posts will gain insight about the topic at hand or the metagame in general. You participate in projects and help out in the Simple Questions / Answers thread. Your posts are coherent and to the point. Your posts are mature. I'm not saying you're a statue and you have to be stoic, but there is a place for humor. You need to know how to use it in moderation.
  • Know and follow the rules. You can't create new threads just to ask a question. You can't disrespect other users. You can't whine about banning or unbanning things. You can’t post one-liners in threads, unless those threads specifically call for it (i.e. voting for battle of the week, nominating something for teambuilding workshop). You can't necro bump threads. Things of that nature, if you have any questions please ask a moderator.
  • Keep out of trouble. With this, I mean mostly in the NU forum, but it can also be applied to other forums, PS, and IRC. This especially applies if you win multiple times and get nominated for a badge. Being an excellent NU poster but a shitty person will get your potential badge nomination denied almost every time.
Of course, there are other things you could do to gain an upper-hand in receiving this award, but this should give you a good idea where to start. If you can follow these simple rules and spark some discussion in the forum, then you are already on your way to being a SWEET Potato!

Sweet Potato Award Winners:
Machineae
shadestep
Silver Aurum
Aurosis

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Plz don't give this to atomicllamas after that atrocity

Anyway I think its a great way to encourage high quality posts personally, and the satisfaction of getting this would be a great way of encouraging more people to invest more time in the forum because - lets face it - likes aren't exactly the best way of rewarding people, and showing that you are being recognised for the time investment is a great way to encourage people to retain their activity.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the support of this project guys. After careful consideration the moderators have selected *insert drumroll* Machineae as our first Sweet Potato.

Machineae's posts are overall very informative and he contributes to several projects on forums including the Viability Rankings, the np: thread, the NU Matchmaking thread, and the new type cores thread. Machineae also goes above and beyond the standard poster by replying to other's posts with well thought out points, rather than just stating his argument and calling it quits. You can find a few examples of Machineae's posts below.

Keep in mind these types of posts are not the only kind that can get you noticed for this award, that being said we'd also like to give an honorable mention to Holiano, shadestep, and XenoTech N. Thanks for all your hard work to keep the forum active and filled with high quality discussion!​

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
Damn this was supposed to go out a few days ago, but I've been busy as fuck irl.

Congratulations to our newest Sweet Potato: shadestep

shadestep is one of our most consistent contributors, he frequently contributes to the Core Analysis, Matchmaking, Victim of the Week, and Archetype Core thread. You can find examples of shadestep's posts below. Thanks for all your hard work in keeping the NU forum active with quality posts!

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Congratulations to a great friend of mine. shadestep has been around in all of my threads (not just NU) and I could say undoubtedly shadestep is one hardcore contributor. Cannot wait to see them grow more as a contributor and this award is a step in the right direction :)

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Grats shadestep! Your cores and sets are always really good and I want to use them when I get more time. :)

Reactions: nv

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
covering for Kiyo

Congratulations to our newest Sweet Potato: Silver Aurum

Silver is a promising contributor coming from our PS Room where he does a phenomenal job as a moderator. He's become active in most of our running threads, such as the np thread, viability rankings, matchmaking, and more. Additionally, he's diligently run the regular Room Tournaments thread and has a great attitude wherever he goes.

Last edited:

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, after much discussion, the moderation team is unveiling a new award named...

The Tiny Tater Award for Most Improved Poster
woohoo yeah!

Our intent with this award is to show some gratitude to those posters who have started from the bottom and have placed themselves on a path to success through trial and error. The award name may have tiny implications, but it's a much bigger deal than it lets on because of how it represents such users' struggles and efforts to get to where they are today.

Without further adieu, our first Tiny Tater goes to...

BrandonBeast

BrandonBeast has been a mainstay in the community for several months now and nothing short of a hurricane with his frequent input and contributions. Despite a rocky beginning, he has fought tooth and nail to stick with the community and his efforts have really been baring fruit as of late. Constantly making an effort wherever he can, BrandonBeast has become a regular in threads such as our Matchmaking, Teambuilding Competition, and Viability Rankings threads on top of many others.

On behalf of the moderation team, I'd like to say thank you for putting forth your best effort so far, BrandonBeast, and I hope we get to see more of the same from here on out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)