ORAS NU NU under Sticky Web, Zangoose the Detroyer [Peaked 1453 #105]

Hello (I'm french, I do not have a good english, I may do mistakes), :

Proof of Peak :
http://prntscr.com/8vgpvm

Team building process :

The first Pokemon I chose is obviously Zangoose because it is one of my favourite Pokemons.

The second Pokemon is Leavanny because I wanted play under Sticky Web (more adamant and modest natures).

The third is a defensive Mismagius which can place Zangoose with memento.

The fourth is a special pokemon Electivire with the Choice Specs (and Volt Switch) to surprise most people who think Electivire is always physical. It has a better special movepool, access to Hidden Powers.

The fifth Pokemon is Crustle because it has sturdy (and it is very bulky) and it can place the entry hazards (Sr and Spikes).

The sixth Pokemon is Mawile because it can do big hole with Sheer Force and a placed Sword Dance (Two SDancer hum ?).

The Team :

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Mangriff is usually the last pokemon I send to finish the opposing team because it can OHKO almost all the NU. Knock Off to knock off the items of my opponents and hit ghost-type. Facade to do huge holes in the opposing team, Stab, Zangoose's good attack, Toxic Boost and the effect of Facade.

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Mega Audino: 234-276 (57 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
->OHKO with SD

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Torterra: 240-283 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
->OHKO with SD

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Musharna: 306-361 (70.1 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
->OHKO with SD

Close Combat to mainly hit Steel-type, Rock-type and Normal-Type.

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Miltank: 276-326 (70 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
->OHKO with SD

+2 252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 200+ Def Crustle: 252-297 (73.4 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
->OHKO with SD

SD To boost Zangoose on an almost mandatory switch by Memento on Mismagius.

Leavanny @ Leftovers / Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Substitute
- Fell Stinger
- Leaf Blade

Leavanny can do big damage with a placed Fell Stinger (with substitute if it possible) but a fire-type Pokemon block Leavanny. The leftovers is usefull only for substitute. Leaf Blade for big damage.

Mismagius @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Memento
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Magic Coat

Mismagius is my leader for counter Sr / Sp / T Sp/ SW, but I need keep Mismagius and switch to do Memento later. WoW for Physical dangerous opponent (especially Archeops, big thread due to its rock-type (Leavanny and Crustle) and focus blast (140 SpA Archeops Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Zangoose: 324-382 (112.8 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO)). Shadow ball for stab.

Electivire @ Choice Specs
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Its main role is to use volt switch on a switch prediction or to send adapted Pokemon. It can hit a lot of Pokemons in NU but Audino-Mega and Quagsire completely block this Electivire. A problem : I have no U-turner -> No VoltTurn.

Crustle @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 120 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Its only role is to place the Entry Hazards (Sr and Spikes) to facilitate the work of Zangoose. Rock blast to break focus sash (Ariados, Leaveanny ^^) with 56 EVs in Atk. There is an investment in SpD to be sure to hold up some special attacks (especially water type attacks). Knock off is always usefull.

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

And finally Mawile which suport the Team creating big holes in the opposing team. I send Mawile on a switch to force my opponent to switch because he thinks I have Sucker Punch.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Mawile Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 120+ Def Crustle: 250-296 (72.8 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-> OHKO with SD

The only Pokemon which can block Mawile is Musharna 252 EV HP, 240 EV Def.
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Musharna: 181-214 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
->98% (max) with SD but Entry Hazards can hit Musharna, so it faints.

Threats :

-Archeops can be a huge threat if my opponent is a good player, OHKO Zangoose with Focus B (140 SpA Archeops Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Zangoose: 324-382 (112.8 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO), OHKO Leavanny with Stone Edge/Rock Slide (252 Atk Archeops Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Leavanny: 416-492 (142.9 - 169%) -- guaranteed OHKO) Crustle also suffers a lot (252 Atk Archeops Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 120+ Def Crustle: 236-278 (68.8 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). OHKO Electivire with EQ.

-Quagsire must faints before the entry of Zangoose because it can stop Zangoose with Unaware. And more, it can regain HP with Recover.

Importable :

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Leavanny @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Substitute
- Fell Stinger
- Leaf Blade

Mismagius @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Memento
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Magic Coat

Electivire @ Choice Specs
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Crustle @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 120 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Mawile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

Last edited:
Hi Baltos so looking at this team, I can see some clear cut ideas as a sticky webs offense team but I definitely see a few things that can be changed for the better.
  • First, some of your sets are kinda weird in all honesty for the HO this is trying to be I'd like to first suggest changing Leavanny to the standard lead set. Your current set kinda does nothing to beat anti leads like Xatu.
  • Next since Leavanny should be your lead almost always, I'd suggest changing Mismagius to an offensive set with something like 2 Attacks + Taunt + Memento to prevent defog and also to soften potential walls to Zangoose before you meme.
  • Another point I wish to make is that your team looks to have extreme trouble breaking fat stuff like Rhydon and Quagsire so I'd suggest Ebelt/Life Orb Mix Evire to serve as a way to break apart those threats to your team. One thing to consider as well is to change the ability to Vital Spirit to help check threats like Lilligant and Vivillon.
  • Now next thing to consider is
    Crustle. I believe that a defensive spread is somewhat of a momentum kill on this team + it doesn't have the capacity to break bulky Xatu to set up hazards, so I suggest a Shell Smash + Custap Berry set which will give Crustle the capacity to break down and threaten out Xatu so you can maintain your hazards.
  • Finally, and this may seem like a lot, but aside from Taunt Magius, you have no real way to prevent a Defog from going off, so I think that SD Pawniard > Mawile would be a fair idea to benefit from a +2 boost from Defog, and also as a way to punish teams that manage to bounce back Webs and gain s free defiant boost from there. Pawn also provides very similar functions that Mawile does, and is pretty much a must have if you want to prevent Defog from going off.
So this is a lot of change to swallow, but I did aim to more fix up the team to function as a fast paced, hard hitting, webs offense! Gl with you team and I hope you consider my suggestions.

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry/Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]/Energy Ball
- Taunt
- Memento

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Electroweb
- Leaf Storm

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Last edited:
Hi Mr.Murkrow. Really, thanks you for all the improvements you have given. I will test this team (with some changes, see more). Effectively, Pawniard is a better Sdancer because it has defiant, which will create a real monster against a other sticky web team, or against a defogger. The big problem which create Pawniard is the x4 weakness at fighting-type. I don't like shell smasher Crustle, even with the Custap berry (which is useless because it will have 414 speed) which it can place an only one attack, sorry but I will keep my defensive Crustle or give white herb to Crustle if I test Shell Smasher Crustle. Then, I prefer my Mismagius because there is not WoW in the team you proposed, but I will delete Magic Coat to put hp Fight. I will give Colbur Berry to Mismagius. Electroweb can be usefull, I will test this attack. I don't like Leaf Storm, even if it can ohko Rhydon/Golem/Carracosta or other, I will keep Leaf Blade :S. Mixed Electivire is a good idea, I will change a little bit the EVs for it can do big damage with EQ.

Thanks you.

Last edited:
Hey Baltos! I like your team, but yeah as Mr Murkrow said some of your set aren't really good. I have some things who can help you.

I'm not fan of Electivire on your team. especially the specs. I think you could replace him by Specs Lanturn he can help you to deal with Quagsire, he help you to deal with bulky water AND with Lanturn, you have a real water resist who is really helpful for your team. A water resist help you to deal with things like Samurott and other Lanturn who are two big threat of your team (especially samurott).

The second things is to replace Crustle by Ferroseed. Ferroseed can help you against Archeops. With Leech Seed he have a cool recovery, and his stab threaten a lot Archeops, and other things like Samurott(again), Rhydon, and a lot of things like that. He could set up the SR more easily due to his bulk with the eviolite, and he can set up them more than one time by match.

For the last things, it's the set of Mismagius. I would recommend a wow hex, while you're pressured by Archeops, with this set, you can pressure him more easily than your actual set necause Archeops can't roost a lot of time due to taunt. And more, he can help you a lot against some fat team who are pretty hard to pass with your actual team.

I would replace Ice Punch > Fire Fang on Mawile, to pass some bulky grass like Ferroseed and an Adamant Nature, because Mawile need to do more damages.
Specs Lanturn:

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Ferroseed:

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball / Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Mismagius:

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Mawile:

Mawile @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

Last edited:
Hey Holiano (petit coucou en français ^^), Thanks you for your advices, Lanturn with choice specs can be cool because it can help Crustle with water-resistance and can be very usefull against Quagsire with hp grass, Samurott with volt switch/tbolt . And more, Lanturn creates a pressure on the opponing team with volt switch and keep the advantage. I'm not fan of Ferroseed in this team because that would give three weaknesses fire type whose 2 multiplied by 4 (Leavanny and Ferroseed)but I will test. Effectively, it can counter Archeos (exept the special/mixed with focus blast/heat wave). I like the combo WoW-Hex but I don't like Pain Split, I will keep Memento to facilitate a free placement of Zangoose. Fire fang is a good idea but this attack has less power than Ice punch, but I will test with an Adamant Mawile which has Fire Fang, an Adamant Mawile with Ice Punch, an a Jolly Pawniard with SuckerP, Knock Off, Iron Head, SD.

Thanks you bro !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)