Nuzlocke Challenge

this is starting to turn into a joke...both of my emerald nuzlockes ended before even being able to receive surf...in the first one flannery completely raped me with the combination of crits, sunlight and overheat(and freaking whte herb on torkoal)my team consisted of combusken lvl.29, swellow lvl.30, plusle lvl.28, and breloom lvl. 32...unfortunately i had lost my only water type(wingull) against brawley because i let makuhita bulk up due to using quick attack instead of wing attack forgetting of the stupid potions...anyway after my combusken died to sunlight critical hit overheat from camerupt(ohko) the battle was pretty much over cause nothing could take the upcoming overheats...i saw everyone fainting one after the other so i started my second round...

this time i chose mudkip to make flannery go crying to her dad...by the time i challenged her my team consisted of:

tony the marshtomp lvl.29(jolly water gun, mud shot, tackle, growl)
stark the brellom lvl.30(sassy leech seed, headbutt, mach punch, mega drain)
fatty the hariyama lvl.29(sassy fake out, arm thrust, vital throw, tackle)
marlboro the numel lvl.30(adamant ember, magnitude, tackle, growl)
rezus the minun lvl.24(careful spark, thunder wave, helping hand, encore)

so i thought that it was going to be a walk in the part but i was really really wrong...after i took out slugma and numel in one hit with mud shot and water gun respectively she sent out camerupt...i use water gun and i only did about half damage so it used magnitude to send me in the yellow zone...next turn i use mud shot for the ko...and then comes out torkoal...knowing that torkoal has insane defense i use water gun doing about one third damage...and it uses body slam just to paralyze me...next turn:sunny day and full paralysis...next turn:overheat and down goes marshtomp with white herb activating...so i send out hariyama(thick fat) i use fake out for the extra damage...next turn i know its going for the potion so iuse vital throw sending him back to half health...the i use again vital throw for a potential crit and the ko but then happens the inevitable:crit overheat with sunny day against a thick fat hariyama yeah it's a ohko...next turn i send out minun to use thunder wave and so it goes down too to another overheat...leaving me with just breloom and numel...obvious choice is numel... two turns of paralysis and magnitude 8 and 10 are enough to secure me the win...

next i grind numel a bit to evolve into camerupt and so it learns rock slide...so i go to challenge norman with breloom leading the party camerupt and the newly caught excabe the sanslash(careful lvl. 25 slash, dig, sand attack, defense curl...)
i take the speed room and so comes swellow, for some crazy reason i decide to let breloom in thinking headbutt is enough to ko but i was wrong losing to wing attack...the last two members didn't stand a chance against norman...so now i was thinking of doing a heartgold nuzlocke or a third one with emerald and treecko...

but because i know that i will probably lose to flannery again this time i will stick with heartgold...this time i will upload updates since i have a lot of time till my next exam...

Hmm.... somehow im still near the top of the post count for this thread even though i went away from Smogon for a while.... anyways I'm back, and just letting people know that I'm going to be doing a Scramblocke Challenge again. Feel free to look in the Scramble thread and give me some Pokemon because i want to start as soon as possible.

Im gonna do this, but I would like you all to know its really not hard at all. EVERY SINGLE POKEMON is usable in the game itself. There really isn't a single pokemon you CAN'T use. Frankly, only a retard would catch more than 1. OHOHO starter just use that auto-win -_- Its really not difficult. Furthermore, every pokemon has some extent of strategy in competitive, and most stalling strategies are all viable. Even Magikarp wants to laugh at the simplicity of this challenge. Him and Feebas are laughing on the side while trainers fail when really, you should never have a pokemon faint. No matter what the game, if you pokemon ever faints, there should be 3 reasons:
Critical Hit
Sleep
Complete Out leveling
Number 3 should never happen if you are using only 2-3 Pokemon. In SS and HG if you use 4 it should never happen, frankly, the original you can use 9 and it won't happen -_- HG and SS had the least experience in terms of how tough the opponents were level wise. But even then, Feraligator. Any person who didn't solo that game with Feraligator is a loser. He is the kind of starter soloing. His typing demolishes the game. His ability to be the only starter learning a Ice Move in his Gen, which puts holes into Claire, the fact Waterfall is WTF powerful on him, Bite hitting ghosts and psychics, and then a move that hits Steel for Super Effective and your golden. Its really not difficult.

I'm doing it just to show everyone that they need to stop thinking this is hard. I'm doing it on yellow, ill be done by the end of the day. I'm not drawing or writing any crap, ill update it when i feel necessary. Furthermore, in SS and HG you get Eevee in a city, which is the only pokemon in that city you can get aside from buying them. Next, its incredibly easy in those games to get a bellsprout. Get a bellsprout, trade for Onix, wooo boosted experience yay for being over leveled.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey moron, the point of the game is not to solo the game with your starter. You should have team of six dumbass, maybe four in HG/SS.

Would be cool if you only trained your Feraligatr, then get knocked out by a crit or something. Yay for only having back-up Rattattas or whatever.

Hahaha, wow dude. Did somebody take a dump in your Cheerios this morning?

Steamrolling with one guy isn't the point of Nuzlocke. To me, it's about being forced to use guys you normally wouldn't, and becoming attached to them, so that defeat is all the more agonizing, and victory all the more sweet.

Although it seems all you're intent on doing is wanking off on your own ego and picking fights, so I don't know why I even bother.

Hey moron, the point of the game is not to solo the game with your starter. You should have team of six dumbass, maybe four in HG/SS.
^This. Times a thousand.

You, my good sir, are a complete fool. Yeah, any idiot can solo with their starter... I mean, isn't that what most of us did when we were young? Seriously, taking the challenge out of the game isn't what this is about. It's about losing. You have to lose to get stronger. Nothing sucks worse than losing your Charmander to Brock, and then having to trudge on with a Pidgey and a Beedrill. That's the whole point of the challenge.

No, iv played through the games with every single pokemon in a 6 person team. There isn't a single pokemon i haven't trained. Frankly, your wrong. The challenges almost FORCES you to use your main over and over, as its almost impossible to train anyone else due to level disadvantage. Thankfully, Pidgey completely breaks Viridian Forest.

Pikachu Lvl 11 named Pokabu.
Pidgey Lvl 15 Named Wargle. He raped brocks geodude with a gust+sand attack combo. Wow that took skill -_-
Nidoran(f) Lvl13 Named Nidder. Again, Onix went bye bye to double kick. Everyone knows the only way to beat brock is mankey or Nidoran, and its harder to find a mankey since freaking spearow is annoying.

I caught a spearow, Gary Killed it.
I caught a Pidgey, Gary Killed it.
Viridian got me a competent Pidgey that was OHKOing everything in sight by the end of viridian.
After that I got a Nidoran. Trained it to level12 before fighting brock. Im not going in there with literally no way to do NORMAL EFFECTIVENESS especially considering Bind is freaking BROKEN AS HELL.

I could careless if i lose any pokemon. Pikachu is all i need, clearly, ash feels the same way.

Next point, only a moron chooses Charmander in a challange like this. Its weak to the first 2 gyms. Squitle is better, but Surge crushes him. Bulbasaur is the king. He retains super effective until Gym3, where he resists, and the same goes for Poison Immunity and Resistant to grass gym 4. After that Koga gets screwed over. Sabrina demolishes him, but sabrina has her overpowered Psychic types. Yes, over powered. Thats why Dark and Steel were made. To balance out Psychic and Dragon.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
QFT. I may be new to the Nuzlocke scene, but even I'm not stupid enough to "Rely on my Starter to kick ass". Seriously, hope you lose your starter to a random crit. That is so not in the spirit of Nuzlocke.

Lol, the spirit of Nuzlocke. First off, your starter is almost GUARANTEED survival while anything you catch has a low chance to survive without speed leveling. Anyone here speed leveling outside of Nidorans on brock, THATS not in the spirit of nuzlocke.

Oh yay Pikachu Died while it was 3 levels under Pidgey from a crit from that lass's Jigglypuff. Yay. Pikachu is a bad pokemon, it took experience from the rest of my team, glad to be gone with it. Pidgey and Nidoran ftw. Caught a Spearow. Im about to go into Mt.Moon. Its likely gonna die from some geodude.

EDIT: BAHAHAHAH THE FIRST ZUBAT KILLED HIM! I want that zubat level 10 baby XD He is gonna be a badass golbat.

Hey you.

Lighten up. It's just a game.
Hey You.

Tell them that, not me -_- Im the one saying its really not all that hard. And anyone that gets upset over losing some pokemon is a loser. I have every pokemon i want in my main games, why would i care about the 46th spearow iv had being released? lol

Hey You.

Tell them that, not me -_- Im the one saying its really not all that hard. And anyone that gets upset over losing some pokemon is a loser. I have every pokemon i want in my main games, why would i care about the 46th spearow iv had being released? lol
You can say this without being such a dick. Everyone in this thread is a chiller, generally supportive and having a good time. Having an opinion is one thing, being an ass for it's own sake is another.

Hey You.

Hey you.

I wouldn't talk, considering you're the one who said this:

Hey you.

Learn how to use every pokemon to the their strengths and memorize what trainers have what pokemon so you place your party correctly.
Name one person other than yourself that would honestly enjoy doing this.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

EDIT (ten minutes later): I didn't think so.

EDIT2: Also, what's with everyone posting "Hey you" at the beginning, anyway? I understand post combos, but this is starting to get insane...

I didn't lose half my party. I do not consider some weakling Spearow part of my party. The only real one i lost was Pikachu. Pikachu died to a crit, which i clearly outlined as being 1 of 3 legit ways to have your pokemon faint. I just got a zubat through Mt.Moon. Please, try that and see what happens to you.

Lol, 3rd Spearow to die in its first battle. Flying Type Losing to a Ground type ftw XD

I didn't lose half my party. I do not consider some weakling Spearow part of my party. The only real one i lost was Pikachu. Pikachu died to a crit, which i clearly outlined as being 1 of 3 legit ways to have your pokemon faint. I just got a zubat through Mt.Moon. Please, try that and see what happens to you.
We aren't debating that it takes crazy skill and/or luck to make it through Mt. Moon with only a Zubat. That's beside the point. We're saying that nobody likes having to memorize a whole bunch of movesets and what have you just to win a game. Let me repeat that:

A GAME.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out of this thread.

Actually, your wrong. Any real pokemon fan has beaten the games multiple times. I didn't sit down and memorize it smart ass, i learned it after facing every trainer in pokemon yellow over 200 times. By then, you know who has what. Most people can call majority of what trainer has what after they play it 50 times, which most people have.

My Zard i got died at level 10 in its first battle taken down by a rattata's Hyper Fang in One Shot....Wow. Really charmander? Bulbasaur isn't gonna die like that.

No, there is a DAMM good reason that the original trainer threw away Charmander. It was a failure thats tail deserved to be put out. Too bad ash saved it -_- Eitherway, ill do a team update at Misty.

Actually, your wrong. Any real pokemon fan has beaten the games multiple times. I didn't sit down and memorize it smart ass, i learned it after facing every trainer in pokemon yellow over 200 times. By then, you know who has what. Most people can call majority of what trainer has what after they play it 50 times, which most people have.

My Zard i got died at level 10 in its first battle taken down by a rattata's Hyper Fang in One Shot....Wow. Really charmander? Bulbasaur isn't gonna die like that.
Then under your definition of "true fandom", the majority of Pokemon fans are fat, socially inept thirty-somethings holed up in their mothers' basements doing nothing but watching anime reruns and beating every game over and over. By extension, in implicitly calling yourself "a true fan", you fit every one of these criteria, so all I can say to you is "Sucks to be you."

And quite frankly, most people have NOT beaten any given game 50 times. We're a competitive Pokemon forum, not a support group for the overly obsessed.

EDIT: This could go on forever...I kind of hope this stretches the thread to page 100...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)