Offensive team. Not that it offends anyone, i hope.

okay i've been messing around again and found that using my old team was just rubbish. Im testing with a new team now, but i wanna hear what you guys say about it, so this is it. Changes made in bold. thanks guys. keep on rating!

Deoxys-e @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/96 Spd/80 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
---
The dual screen deoxys that is getting increasingly common. My ev spread is for 462 speed that is just enough to outspeed ninjask to taunt it, and the defensive EVs are just equally spread out. I'm thinking of going 252HP/252SPE timid coz this deoxys is thrashed by other deoxys. yeah sets up stealth rock to lose focus sashers and dual screen for easier setting up.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Hp/120 Def/136 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Wish
---
Jirachi! Cute lil thang, he's my wishpasser, sturdy one there, and passes wish to salamence, normally, who might get worn down by lifeorb, or anyone else who needs the boost for that matter. Takes some late game sweeps also.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
---
ScarfMence, I revenge kill with it, and outrage when im sure there are no resistors left, usually goes out with a bang. Used to use the DD outrage mence, but found it wasn't getting much action on the team. One out of three scarfers. I think i'm overdoing it.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
---
Timid scarftran, so common right now, thats like three common pokes on one team already. im bumped about HP grass or ice, but grass helps with bulky waters. Ice looks good too so i dunno. no explosion on this thang.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
---
Helps me along with Rotom and Gengar, who would kill of a majority of my team, or about half. Pursuit for them, obviously, i try to switch in on WoW, then im in business. once i get guts up, im operating with 800+ attack and
403 speed. quite monstrous. toxic spikes also makes me switch willingly into stuff i couldn't KO before. except for weezing. argh.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 162 HP/96 Spd/252 SAtk
- Grass Knot
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind
- Recover
---
Not so standard celebi. HP ground is to KO timid scarftran as i CM on the switch, coz this cute thing can survive fireblast with 1 CM up, and HP ground takes the cake. I can come in later to recover and CM up again. Scizor and Forretress wall this, which really bugs me, coz i gave up HP fire for ground. Scizor especially.

Team Version 1 : Gengar irritates me, Tentacruel plays out most of my special hitters, and can take the KO on celebi with poison moves. Bulky waters that can hit hard are a problem, so offensive Suicune might worry me. Weezing as mentioned walls my physical threats, and celebi. So a combo of weezing and tentacruel (which i fought) would screw me up offensively
Basic strat for me is to taunt setuppers, dual wall, and go and setup and whack and whack and whack until the opponent is gone, switching in when the oppurtunities arrive, etc.

Credits:
Alacantara on Shoddy for spending time with me to make the initial team.
Various Shoddy battlers who gave me tips on how to improve. Now thats sportsmanship.
Taylor for suggesting various ev spreads and pointing out weaknesses and yeah.
Lemmiwinks for pointing out gliscor and making me go find how to counter that dang thing.

RMT you guys! help me polish up this team!

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Celebi gains Earth Power in Platinum, so you may as well save the Hidden Power slot and opt for more power in the Ground-type move you want. I also feel its EV spread is poorly distributed, and a Modest nature may have been an inferior option over Timid. With a Timid nature, you can outspeed Jolly Mamoswine and Adamant/Modest (non-Choice Scarf) Lucario with 96 EVs in Speed. This forces Mamoswine and Lucario to resorting to using their priority attacks first, moves that cannot 2OHKO Celebi, allowing you to proceed to sweep. Grass Knot and Earth Power will hit Mamoswine and Heatran for the OHKO respectively after a Calm Mind, and let us not forget Heatran as a bonus, who also is OHKOed by a Calm Minded Earth Power. Maximize Celebi's Special Attack and then distribute the last EVs into HP.

You will find that Jirachi would be better off with EVs that allow it to pass Heracross. If you give it 136 EVs in Speed, Jirachi will hit 270, just enough to outspeed Heracross. Leave Jirachi's HP maximized and then support the Defense and Special Attack EVs equally, or near enough; favoring either of the two EV slots over the other, but still with EVs in both stats.

Go with Hidden Power Grass on Heatran; even Explosion would do. With immediate Stealth Rock support, courtesy of Deoxys-S, you won't need Hidden Power Ice, as Dragon Pulse will still take care of those threats that Hidden Power Ice would have; apart from Gliscor, who's unable to have much of an impact with the inability to damage Celebi dramatically, or would even dare to switch in on Heatran in the first place. However, Swampert will, as will other Water-types.

apart from Gliscor, who's unable to have much of an impact with the inability to damage Celebi dramatically
Come again? You mean the one that has no fewer than 11 different attacking options that can 1-2HKO Celebi after a Swords Dance? I'd be rathered concerned if Celebi was my best check against Gliscor, particularly if its best option against Gliscor is a neutral base 60 attack. Neither of the other two Scarfers can do much to Gliscor, so your best chance of taking it out is Heatran's Fire Blast, which not only falls short of an OHKO but is also inaccurate, particularly if Sand Veil is factored in. I'd be weary of dropping HP Ice for this reason, unless you're prepared to drop one of your Scarfed Pokes for something that can take on Gliscor more effectively.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I expect most Gliscor to be the genuine walls that switch in on physical attacks. If you come accross an offensive Gliscor, then it's unlikely it will be using a bulky spread. Remember that Ice Fang/Aerial Ace will be the second choice of attack: if it doesn't have Aerial Ace, take advantage with Celebi; if it doesn't have Ice Fang, take your chances with Salamence.

Speaking of Salamence, consider Draco Meteor over Stone Edge for Gliscor. It's another Dragon attack that won't lock you into one move, which could prove to be costly when you don't feel confident attacking with Outrage.

You could always test Toxic Heracross, but the problem lies in what move to replace it for. You said yourself that Pursuit is necessary for Rotom/Gengar, but with Jirachi and Heatran, perhaps it isn't as essential as you initially thought.

Forget with what I said earlier about Jirachi sharing out the Defense and Special Attack EVs. Instead, just add all those 120 EVs into Defense, or 96 in Defense and 24 in Special Attack.

In general, Choice Scarf on 3 seperate Pokemon is a risk. If the opponent discovers one of your Pokemon is Choice Scarfed and takes full advantage by setting up a Pokemon that is immunse/resists the attack you're locked into, the following Substitute, Swords Dance or Dragon Dance could quite easily cost you the match. Depending on the feedback I get from you, I may suggest an alternative to one of the Choice Scarf Pokemon. Salamence might have to resort to the previous set.

i originally decided to post post replys to the main post, but then you guys cant see whether i reply to you or not outside of this post, so i just went ahead with a new post... -.-

Taylor:

1st post: Thanks man, comments appreciated, thanks for helping me check on celebi's speed, that helps me to play around mamo weakness a bit, and his moveset. lols. tested the new ev spreads and its been working great, thanks for you help, HP Ice or grass, still, hmm.

2nd post: Now Jirachi is much bulkier, i went with all defense, for that extra bit of physical tanking ability. Draco Meteor on Salamence is interesting, and seeing as Stone Edge hasn't been seeing much use at all, I might replace it, it'll probably be better, since i can hit stuff like weezing hard now, but is it worth it to displace some attack evs to special attack to bump up draco meteor's power? coz it really fails to KO a lot of things, yet if i displace attack evs over, my salamence might lose some overall sweeping potential in the process. I like my three scarfers, their speeds really help in reliably KO'ing my opponent, and they're immune to choice trickers too, especially gengar, when he tricks, i switch in hera, and pursuit on his way out. and sorry but could you clarify what toxic heracross means, Toxicross as in guts activation, or replace one of the moves with toxic, and also in interested in the alternative to my scarfers, or were you just talking about salamence? o.o

Lemmiwinks MkII: Hmm, you're right, even with Grass Knot, Celebi has to do 100% damage 3 times to 3HKO, if not its a 4HKO, more than enough time for him to setup, but if gliscor gets greedy, and i grass knot and switch to heatran while he SDs a second time, or he aerial aces. The attacks he can use to kill celebi are...

Aerial Ace
Cross Poison
Double Edge
Faint Attack
Fire Fang
Thief
Wing Attack
X-Scissor
U-turn

Heatran resists all of them hence the spectacular Celetran combo. All are easily handled by grass knot switch fire blast, except U-turn, which has a very high chance to KO my Celebi granted with max attack jolly choice band, and if this happens in reflect, i can take it easily, and anything other than the choice band variant poses no threat to celetran combo except for prediction that heatran will come in. hmm, and if HP Ice is added, i lose coverage against waters and grounds, swampert especially, so i think i'll stick to grass for the moment. thanks a lot appreciate that comment, really got me thinking and calculating.

Taylor

i am alien
and sorry but could you clarify what toxic heracross means, Toxicross as in guts activation, or replace one of the moves with toxic, and also in interested in the alternative to my scarfers, or were you just talking about salamence? o.o
Mainly reffering to Salamence because it isn't as drastic as swapping team members around. And I meant adding Toxic on Heracross, as it serves a sure way to stop Gliscor from sticking around for too long. Gliscor can't cure status that is inflicted upon it.

hmm im not too sure about toxic on heracross, cos if i come in on an opponent, its usually to revenge the poke, and only in the situation gliscor comes in willingly into heracross (admittedly common due to it being the 'perfect' hera counter), can toxic work. and immediately i have to switch, preferably to salamence. yeah, im sticking with this version of hera first, if i really have gliscor troubles, i'll take your advice and stick toxic on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)