Offensive Ubers Team (Needs Improvement:P)

I've been working on a offensive-ish ubers team, so here it is:

Overview:

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Deoxys is the lead pokemon of this team. I chose defense form because I found that it can outspeed or survive a hit from most leads. Taunt stops pokemon from setting up or using defog. The Red card allows you to switch a pokemon out and paralyze it. Hazards for well... hazards.

Lucario (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon

Lucario was one of the best sweepers in the OU Metagame before being banned. It is a huge threat and has the potential to put a lot of pressure on opposing teams. Evs are standard.

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus is a fast pokemon that can threaten a large majority of the metagame. Thunder wave always you to paralyze scarfed pokemon or set up sweepers. Evs are standard.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head / ExtremeSpeed / Explosion
- Blaze Kick / ExtremeSpeed / Explosion
- Ice Beam / ExtremeSpeed / Explosion

Great revenge killer. Genesect outspeeds mostly everything in the tier besides Deoxys-S. Download provides a free stat boost...

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Roost

Standard mixed Yveltal set. Dark Pulse and Sucker Punch provide strong STAB moves and priority. Dark Aura an LO further strengthen these moves. Oblivion Wing is for recovery while still dealing damage and Roost is for well.... recovery. Helps keep Yveltal alive due to the lack of a defogger on the team.

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rock Polish allows Landorus-T to outspeed common threats in the metagame. EdgeQuake provides great coverage for most threats. HP Ice allows Landorus-T to deal with dragon types. Evs are standard.

Thanks for reading, help is appreciated. :)

In my opinion , your team need a defoger or rapid spinner because if a pokemon put stealth rock in your area it will destroy many pokemons in your team. landorus therian, yveltal and thundurus = three flying types in your team. You have two possibilities , I recommend you to use Latios or Excadrill.

Last edited:
Deoxys-D fares really badly against common Uber leads like Deoxys-A/S , Mega-Kangaskhan, DarkRai ,etc. DarkRai is a super common lead & with Deoxys D you are pretty much giving it a free setting-up opportunity. Also your team is huge SR weak , so it is imperative that you pack a lead that will prevent sr from coming on your side & set up sr from your own side.

Hint:Switch Deoxys-D --> Deoxys-S
Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
EVS: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Magic Coat

OMG!! you are also owned by Scarf-Kyogre (that weakness was hidden in blues took me ages to find)
Solution: Now this is pretty difficult to fix considering the team (issupernoobish) HO nature of the team however a lustrous Palkia should do decently well . Use the standard LustOrb Set. Rock Polish Lando-T doesnt work in Uber so i would suggest bringing in Palkia for Landorus-Therian.
In short: Change Landorus-T --> Palkia

Also your lucario set is shit (hint: np m-lucy shd nvr be used )
use this set-
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

Taunt is a must on Yveltal for him to act as a proper stallbreaker , remove roost since you already get recovery from oblivion wing.
DeathbyDrago said:
Thundurus is a fast pokemon that can threaten a large majority of the metagame.
Thundurus acts as a great sweep stopper due to thunder wave , but using it to sweep is ridiculous (in Ubers i mean...), depending on your needs you can either bring it into full-time supporter role or you can switch it to Electric-Arceus with a Calm mind set , i'll leave the decision to you.

Hope I helped :]

Last edited:
Deoxys-D is not a really good lead anymore in Ubers since it fares really bad against many common Uber leads like Deoxys-A/S , Mega-Kangaskhan, DarkRai ,etc. DarkRai is a super common lead with Deoxys D you are pretty much giving it a free setting-up opportunity. Also your team is huge SR weak , so it is imperative that you pack a lead that will almost 100% time prevent sr from coming on your side & set up sr from your side.

Solution: Switch Deoxys-D --> Deoxys-S

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
EVS: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Magic Coat

OMG!! you are also owned by Scarf-Kyogre (that weakness was hidden in blues took me ages to find)

Solution: Now this is pretty difficult to fix considering the team (issupernoobish) HO nature of the team however a lustrous Palkia should do decently well . Use the standard LustOrb Set. Rock Polish Lando-T doesnt work as well in Uber so i would suggest bringing Palkia for Landorus-Therian.
In short: Change Landorus-T --> Palkia

Also your lucario set is shit (hint: np m-lucy shd nvr be used )

Use this set :
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

Taunt is a must on Yveltal for acting as a proper stallbreaker , remove roost since you already get recovery from oblivion wing.

Thundurus acts as a great sweep stopper due to thunder wave but using it to sweep is ridiculous (in Ubers i mean...) depending on your needs you can either bring it into full-time supporter role or you can switch it to Electric-Arceus with a Calm mind set , i'll leave the decision to you.

Overall i'll say your team is really bad (and this is coming from a really shit player , mind it) there are so many things that need to be changed to make this into a decent team , however , i believe the changes i suggested would atleast make it a usable team. :]
I agree.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SopS4nd said:
In my opinion , your team need a defoger or rapid spinner because if a pokemon put stealth rock in your area it will destroy many pokemons in your team. landorus therian, yveltal and thundurus = three flying types in your team. You have two possibilities , I recommend you to use Latios or Excadrill.
Wut lol Latios sucks.

Anyways, this team looks decent, but it falls short of good Ubers HO. The main thing is, it just can't break Support Defog Arceus balance very well, which is pretty much what teams like this have to do. Basically, a lot of these mons either just don't hit quite hard enough (to keep up with things like GeoXerneas) or are too easily broken by the insanely powerful unboosted attacks of the Ubers metagame (ahem Kyogre).

Otherwise CLear Note had some good comments and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)