Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Even the announcers could not cover that one up.

(although they finally got around to pretending that in "some situations" that is not a foul lol)
lol who the fuck are the refs kidding Dwayne Wade karate kicked Garnett in the stomach and KG gets the foul. Then the refs correctly review and change Rondo's phantom 3 but don't review that shit.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol, Wade hits Rondo in the face...should have been free throws. Instead the Heat get a 5-on-4 layup at the other end to tie it. Then Wade kicks KG and the foul is called on KG. This is embarrassing, fucking awful basketball to watch. I'm not even mad, I'm starting to feel sick after what I just watched.

The Celtics got completely robbed in this game. But hey, if the Celtics can outplay the Heat on the road for 6 out of 9 quarters, things look good going into the Garden.

loling

Celtics drive to rim: you get pushed by one guy, have your hand hit by another, no call

Heat drive to rim: you get the call, then you can take 3 steps with no dribbles, put a shot up, then theyll call a foul if you miss
When the reffing is bad even by NBA standards you have a problem. Sorry Boston, Stern doesn't want you in the finals.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
lol, Wade hits Rondo in the face...should have been free throws. Instead the Heat get a 5-on-4 layup at the other end to tie it. Then Wade kicks KG and the foul is called on KG. This is embarrassing, fucking awful basketball to watch. I'm not even mad, I'm starting to feel sick after what I just watched.
Admittedly KG fouled Wade as well on that play, I don't know who they'd call the foul on in that case or whether a double foul can be called.

Heat did what they were suppose to do.. win at home.

Boston could of taken both games.. Heat are laughable at the FT line..

Boston are looking just fine.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Garnett hit Wade in the elbow.
After he had to jackknife his body because Wade jumped leading with his knee and extending his foot, which kicked Garnett at the same time. This is the NBA we watch, where that could be considered a defensive foul.

But with that said the Celtics are by no means eliminated yet. I want them to win so badly after how disgustingly terrible and one-sided the refs were in the first two games

Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs on winning this years NBA Finals!

How will all the teams rebuild? Will Spoelstra keep his job? Where will Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard land? Will the Brooklyn Nets keep their shitty logo?

So many questions!

Boston had a 15 point lead, Rondo had the best scoring game he's ever had and is not very likely to repeat that performance, Wade didn't show up in the first half and Miami gave up a lot with their not-so-great free throw performance, and Miami still managed to win. Yet some of you actually think Boston can win this series? I don't get it. I mean, I can understand not liking a team and wishing that some crazy string of events causing them to lose the series happens, but let's not let wishful thinking get in the way of reality.

Will be watching Game 3 at the Garden, so I'll have a chance to fuck the refs up.

I hate Celtics all my life, but this might be too much. They were robbed by the refs in Game 2. The Garnet/Wade clash should be a double foul, the rondo head slap should be a foul!!

Great game by Rondo btw. If he'll ever consistently make those jumpers, Celtics is unstoppable... maybe

ESPN Stats and Info: “The Thunder used a small lineup consisting of just one big man — Kendrick Perkins, Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison or Nazr Mohammed — for just one minute in the first half before using such lineups predominantly (17 of 24 minutes) in the second half. The Thunder’s small lineups outscored the Spurs by 15, while the traditional two big man lineups were outscored by 24.”
Thunder might still have a chance using small ball.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Boston had a 15 point lead, Rondo had the best scoring game he's ever had and is not very likely to repeat that performance, Wade didn't show up in the first half and Miami gave up a lot with their not-so-great free throw performance, and Miami still managed to win. Yet some of you actually think Boston can win this series? I don't get it. I mean, I can understand not liking a team and wishing that some crazy string of events causing them to lose the series happens, but let's not let wishful thinking get in the way of reality.
LeBron James also attempted more free throws then most teams do in an entire game, the refs were atrocious (and I'm a neutral) and should be better in Boston, the Celtics had crazy amounts of foul trouble and Ray Allen + Kevin Garnett had sub par games, the latter (Garnett's) of which is very unlikely to be repeated. I still think the Heat will win, but two can play at that game dude, let's not try and look and everything one sidedly.

My internet went out at the 9:33 mark of the 4th, so I wasn't able to actually watch any of the game from that point on. But from what I was able to see (at least in the first half), Boston couldn't have played much better and Miami couldn't have played much worse but it was only a 7 point margin at the half. The referring may have been atrocious in the 4th and OT, I can't really comment since I didn't get to see it. But I have a hard time believing that all of Boston's 33 fouls were phantom calls (not to put words in your mouth). What I'm saying is, when a team ends the game with a large amount of fouls, it's probably because they fouled a lot during the course of the game.

KG did have a subpar game as far as his fg% goes. But 18 and 8 is pretty much what you can expect out of him for every game this series. Ray Allen's 13 point effort was probably one of his best ones in the playoffs yet, he has been struggling a lot so it isn't a stretch at all for him to continue to struggle.
Basically, what I'm saying is that Boston was Boston. They had probably their best game of these playoffs tonight while Miami could've played quite a bit better and still managed to lose the game. No doubt Boston is a very good team and capable of getting a win against Miami, but they're simply overmatched and have a very slim chance at actually advancing.

Unless Miami decides to keep giving Rondo 10 feet of cushion. That whole idea of giving Rondo extra space because he "can't" shoot (he's not a lights out guy of course, but people are kidding themselves if they think an NBA guard can't knock down a wide open 17 footer night in and night out) is akin to the prevent defense in the NFL. It's been shown that it does not work, yet teams continue to play it.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I don't know anything about Basketball, but I know that what you just said was mostly, if not entirely, complete garbage.

I don't know anything about Basketball, but I know that what you just said was mostly, if not entirely, complete garbage.
It was? Boston literally played about as good of a game as they will EVER play. The Heat played horrific in three out of four quarters and only okay in overtime. The Heat still win. How can a anyone feasibly think the Celtics could win the series? Its just logic and facts that the Celtics are absolutely out.matched.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/05/30/do-the-thunder-have-any-hope/#more-18046 - OKC's defense

http://hoopspeak.com/2012/05/san-antonio-makes-the-foulable-james-harden-fallible/ - Harden's lack of free throws

Thunder might still have a chance using small ball.
With little time played against them, it's easy to see that they "outscored"

But over the long-term, that's still defensively dangerous.

edit: http://www.48minutesofhell.com/playing-small-wont-hurt-the-spurs actually here's an article talking about it

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/5/29/3049854/rajon-rondo-celtics-vs-heat-nba-playoffs-2012 - Heat's strategy for game 1 win

It was? Boston literally played about as good of a game as they will EVER play. The Heat played horrific in three out of four quarters and only okay in overtime. The Heat still win. How can a anyone feasibly think the Celtics could win the series? Its just logic and facts that the Celtics are absolutely out.matched.
"As they will ever play"? No, the only Celtic that played extremely well was Rondo. Garnett, Pierce, and Allen didn't have stellar games. The Celtics could have very well beaten the Heat, it was a possibility.

"As they will ever play"? No, the only Celtic that played extremely well was Rondo. Garnett, Pierce, and Allen didn't have stellar games. The Celtics could have very well beaten the Heat, it was a possibility.
Yes, its as good as they will ever play. Boston shot 49.4% from the field and 90% from the line. They only had eight turnovers. They tied Miami in rebounds, and the Celtics are the worst rebounding team in the NBA. Their offense is very bad. Putting a performance like that together is demolishing expectations. They cant do it again and they definitely cant surpass it.

^ Exactly.

Look at the first half. Boston shot 55+% from the field versus Miami's 38% or so. The rebounding and free throw situation was pretty close at the point if I remember correctly, possibly even. Rondo already had 22 and 7. And Wade was nonexistent. It was still only a 7 point game. The chances that Boston gets a repeat performance on the offensive end from Rondo is about the same as Wade having another 2 point half. Like I said before, Boston is by no means a bad team, they're just outmatched and should not be expected to win more than 1 game in this series. It's over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)