Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Vein, I have to ask you a question. Are you being serious? If the Thunder win this series I will delete my Smogon account and move to a remote island where I would then live off of just my feces.

@popemobile: One problem, how do they win Game 5 in the first place? Winning three games in a row against a team like the Heat is nearly impossible. There is no room for error if the Thunder want ANY chance at winning this. With such a young team like the Thunder, I can assure you that will not be happening.

"Would have the advantage to win the series." I think my Heart stopped beating for a second there.
i don't think that's an especially ludicrous thing to say
okc has played like a championship team at points in this series, they just haven't closed games like they were a championship team

remember how san antonio won 20 in a row and then lost 4 in a row? the momentum switches to okc if they can get game 5, and from there who knows what happens
it's a longshot, but i'm not counting them out yet

@popemobile: One problem, how do they win Game 5 in the first place? Winning three games in a row against a team like the Heat is nearly impossible. There is no room for error if the Thunder want ANY chance at winning this. With such a young team like the Thunder, I can assure you that will not be happening.
Start the game strong like the did today, avoid choking like they were able to do in game 1. The Thunder are the better team on paper so it's not really a stretch to say they can win a game in Miami. And winning four games in a row against the Spurs was even more unlikely than three in a row against the Heat. The Heat do not have this series won yet by any stretch of the imagination and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. I can assure you that the Thunder have a much better shot at winning than you're giving them.

LOLLLLL POPEMOBILE

I'll take Thundur's bet too. If Oklahoma City wins this series I will delete my account and never post again. That's how impossible it is.

lol I didn't even watch this game. I had a sinking feeling....and it came to pass ;/

It's almost like the Thunder are...nervous. Which I personally don't understand since they beat THREE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS IN A ROW to get here. And then you're gonna lose to a team that, while good, really has no competition in their conference(and the comp. they do have is littered with injuries involving their best players). To top it off, the Heat are actually worse than last year lol.

This series isn't over...but the Thunder REALLY need to get their mind right as a unit. If they really want this as a team, they can and will win game 5. Miami is playing like they actually want it now, which pisses me off even more since they sure didn't play like it before the ECF. Now, they decide "uhmmm derp we better turn it on" when they should've played like this the whole time.

The arrogance of the Heat fans in this thread is really sickening me. It's yet another reflection of the team and/or the hype surrounding the team as a whole. Really sad. I guess all you need to win an NBA championship is a Big 3. Not a good coach. Not the mentality of a champion. Hell, you don't even need any type of humility whatsoever(I wish a Heat fan would try to argue this point with me. You know you want to...oh wait, you don't). Just make sure you have a LeBron James to clean up behind you when your team sucks at any point. Oh, and also complain to the refs when you don't get a call you want and MAKE SURE if anything even remotely resembles a foul and you're in the crossfire, you put on your best acting and make yourself fly across the court floor(I also dare a Heat fan to argue this with me). I now see why a lot of the NBA thinks they're "Hollywood as hell" lol.

One things for sure: Miami wants this to end in 5. They want to celebrate at home, especially after the embarrasment last year(lol Dallas beat them to win the Finals in their own home court...and Dallas was the worse team :P ).

@ Thundur: You really need to calm down. Especially since....Miami isn't even your team :/. They're playing the role of your fallback/rebound chick.

Byrne, idc. you've been ignored by a lot.

No way Thundur. I still want to see the best name in Smogon I've ever seen!

Clutch isn't real.

I'm just glad that the people posting in this thread aren't as ignorant as the folks in the Twitter world that actually feel that LeBron was faking an injury.
But would you be one of the naive ones to believe that he wasnt selling that injury? Yeh, he got hurt... but if you can still continue in the game and play through the pain then dont sit there at half court during a timeout showing everyone you're hurt if you were just able to run up and down and compete...

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I haven't seen anyone grimacing that much in a playoff game since Patrick Ewing with his achilles tendon injury. James was obviously cramping up, but the facial expressions and actions were melodramatic. It really reminded me of when Paul Pierce was carried off in the 2008 Finals. He was hurt, but nothing like he was leading everyone to believe.

And they both came back out to hit threes. lol

Once again, close game. Despite LeBron getting injured, he still managed to get a three pointer. He did this despite being in so much pain he shouted "Oh Shit". Can Durant or Westbrook pull something like that off?

The arrogance of the Heat fans in this thread is really sickening me. It's yet another reflection of the team and/or the hype surrounding the team as a whole. Really sad.
You're totally right the fans and the media's portrayal of the team is a direct reflection of the team itself.
I guess all you need to win an NBA championship is a Big 3. Not a good coach. Not the mentality of a champion. Hell, you don't even need any type of humility whatsoever(I wish a Heat fan would try to argue this point with me. You know you want to...oh wait, you don't).
How is Spoelstra a bad coach? He made adjustments to win game 2 and Brooks hasn't done anything since. Anytime someone asks him what he's going to change for the next game he just responds, "We missed open shots we'll try harder next time." Also how anyone can argue that Miami hasn't been locked in this postseason is beyond me.
Oh, and also complain to the refs when you don't get a call you want and MAKE SURE if anything even remotely resembles a foul and you're in the crossfire, you put on your best acting and make yourself fly across the court floor(I also dare a Heat fan to argue this with me). I now see why a lot of the NBA thinks they're "Hollywood as hell" lol.
lol Harden

You're totally right the fans and the media's portrayal of the team is a direct reflection of the team itself.
Pretty sure this is sarcasm, so I'll respond accordingly. The fans and the media are the amplifiers. While it hasn't come out of their mouths since last year, the team as a whole is arrogant. They even play arrogantly. I can name off specific players, though, if you want.

How is Spoelstra a bad coach? He made adjustments to win game 2 and Brooks hasn't done anything since. Anytime someone asks him what he's going to change for the next game he just responds, "We missed open shots we'll try harder next time." Also how anyone can argue that Miami hasn't been locked in this postseason is beyond me.
Just look at RatCheesy's picture before you give that intern credit. :/

But, really, you are right in that Brooks isn't doing much, or any, better. He can make defensive adjustments against a team that went undefeated for over 25 games in a conference that is by far tougher to win in, and the adjustments worked, but somehow has no answer for the Heat since game 2. That is just...lol.

Come to think of it... Haven't seen any blood this playoffs.

I miss those days... /bloody nose or one-eyed Nash

JackieChun, please show me amy evidence from the past year that suggests the Heat are arrogant. You're not allowed to use the decision or the Heat getting-together party. Just watch Westbrook or Harden after they make pretty much anything. Makes me sick to my stomach. Harden likes to blow off his pistols which is funny cause he sucks dick while Westbrook likes to strike a pose like he's got some gorgeous jumper or something.

Show me one instance where a Heat player does anything like that.

Because we take the media too seriously. It's all we have to go off of; once you realize that, anybody with a brain should definitely be telling themselves that it's not enough automatically.

If I see a person, and all I have to go off of are his clothes and his race, does that mean I should go off of them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)