OI Sub-Forums

Hello,

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I believe it would be beneficial to split the Orange Islands forum into various sub-forums, much like the Smogon Metagames forum.

Between tier list discussions, challenge topics, personal story topics, ingame discussions, etc. the forum at times feels a bit cluttered. It is very common for interesting threads to get pushed back and ignored, because there are so many different kinds of topics all in one place. By having a tier list sub-forum, challenge sub-forum, and so on, OI would have a much cleaner and organized look and would make finding old threads much easier.

Obviously there is precedent in that this has been done before with the Smogon Metagames forum, and I think that proved very beneficial. There was some controversy at first but everybody has seemed to accept it and most would probably agree that navigating the forum is much easier now. I think Orange Islands could greatly benefit from similar treatment. Thank you.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I brought this up a few days ago with all the big guys in #OI and the general consensus is that for every sub-forum OI as a whole gets less exposure and right now there isn't exactly a flood of one sort of topics that would necessitate this change.

As a personal appeal for me it's more interesting to have all of these different topics and when someone wants to bring up a certain game or question there is no harm in bumping something like the Pokemon Snap topic if you can't figure out how to snap that darn Charizard.

I see a the points the OP is making. I agree that often times topics that could still be discussed fall into the never posted region of the second page or even further. I think we would have to figure out if we ever consider this, how we would we divide the forum. Perhaps we could have a Pokemon Spin-Off Section, and in-game section, and maybe a miscellaneous section. I don't want to see though OI being divided into more sub-forums than there is interest. I could defenitly see a split being a success if done right. I feel if a split would happen it would be a two part Divsion of OI. One part being more technical aspects like In-Game tiers, EV training, etc and the latter being a miscellaneous section(I think this would resemble serebii's general discussion forum) which would have stuff like favorite lines, graphics, and music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)