SM OU Ok, how bad is it?

I’ve made a team and have been working on it for a while, and would like to see how it stacks up. This team is working very well for me and I’m hoping to make any tweaks I’ve missed. I’m hoping for a very agressive team (stall bores me) that is successful. I am having trouble finding the best items for the team, so i’ve been using z crystals. Any replacements for those would be greatly appreciated as well.
The team consists of:

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Greninja is a powerful sweeper with a wide movepool that covers types that the rest of my team can’t. It hits ground types such as Landorus-T and Garchomp very hard with Ice Beam, Greninja hits Fairy Types like Clefable like a truck, which none of my other team members can do very effectively. Greninja is also an excellent spikes setter that really helps my team because my team is very agressive and all damage helps out.
Volcarona @ Buginium Z

Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance

Ah, Volcarona. Volcarona is an excellent setup sweeper on my team that can take out almost any grass type and most walls besides for Toxapex. Giga Drain gives Volcarona more staying power and a strong move against water types while setting up or during the sweep.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Magearna is a slower wall breaker and is an option for trick room teams before shift gear. Magearna also functions as a resistance for many types, as well as poison immunity and an option against Toxapex and Dragon types. Magearna’s mass of resistances mean that it is oftem safe to switch in and often forces out the opponent’s pokemon to break their momentum. Focus blast is used against steel types that could stop magearna to a screetching halt during a sweep.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

Tapu Koko is on my team as a fast revenge killer and a counter to Water types like Toxapex, which walls Greninja and Volcarona. Hidden Power Ice is used when the opponent switches to Landorus-T or Garchomp. I use Dazzling Gleam over Roost because Koko is very frail and rarely is able to get a roost off without the opponent canceling the roost with high damage.

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Defog

Kartana is on the team as an entry hazard remover and as a wall breaker. I needed an entry hazard remover badly because of Volcarona’s allergies to pebbles and the rest of the team being frail overall. Kartana also is a wrecking ball for stall teams because of Kartana’s attack stat and high speed.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Landorus is my stealth rock layer and a pivot with intimidate and U-Turn. Hidden Power Ice gives Landorus an option for fighting Flying types if need be so it doesn’t get completely blocked. I chose Landorus over Garchomp for this slot because Landorus can be used to lower the momentum of a high attack pokemon in a sweep near the end of the game if desperately needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)