Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Im really excited for this, ruby was my first gamei knew what i was doing - not spamming lvl 100 charizard eq or whatever

I am now waiting for remakes of gen1 remakes, Shiny fire red and Silky leaf green

I hope they still have the trendy sayings place I got a lot of comedy from that when I was younger

BIG SERVICE
Yes! I forgot about that, but that was the best. Now that I'm older I only think to do things like "Your mother", but I loved that feature in the old games and hope it comes back.

I'd be fine with new puzzles, but the huge boulders don't seem to lend themselves to inventive puzzles like the old ones did.

Also, here's a link toward just some of the most difficult puzzles (for me as a kid) from that game: http://www.psypokes.com/rs/seafloor.php
That doesn't seem that hard. The only "difficult" section (mind you, for me) would be the last screen, and only by door F.

Now, if anything like this is included in the game (never played HGSS, so I don't know if the same/similar puzzle was present), then I quit:
Ice Path [of eternal damnation]

I do remember the Sootopolis City Gym, and has to be [one of] my favorite(s). I hope they improve on this puzzle/gym.
*Crick-crick-crick-crick-crick-CRACK!*

Last edited:
Im really excited for this, ruby was my first gamei knew what i was doing - not spamming lvl 100 charizard eq or whatever

I am now waiting for remakes of gen1 remakes, Shiny fire red and Silky leaf green
If we keep making remakes of the first gen we will have Pokemon Flame Fire Lava Magma Hot Fire Red and Leaf Plant Grass Green Flower Leaf Green.

Not sure I'd go with those titles, but
If we keep making remakes of the first gen we will have Pokemon Flame Fire Lava Magma Hot Fire Red and Leaf Plant Grass Green Flower Leaf Green.
You don't give GF nearly enough credit. When the gen1 re-remakes do come (they better, it's the most iconic generation and has a ton of untapped marketing potential), they'll come up with better names that that. They'll be remaking red and green, not fire red and leaf green, so there's no reason to just keep adding words to the title.

As far as event legendaries go, I wouldnt be surprised if we got an early (day 1) event for Jirachi similar to the first Victini event

Yeah, if there isn't a launch event, I'll be very surprised. Not sure if it'll be Jirachi, but something like that feels like it'll be standard Game Freak launch procedure from now on

i highly doubt they would give this much focus on pure aesthetics
Why not? It serves to get people excited about the remakes, and really doesn't take that much work. They're already building the 3D models from the ground up, so how hard would it be to add some lines?

If the mascots do get new megas or forms, I hope they look a whole lot cooler than the cover art.

i highly doubt they would give this much focus on pure aesthetics
In a breathtaking 3D world? Are you sure?

That doesn't seem that hard. The only "difficult" section (mind you, for me) would be the last screen, and only by door F.

Now, if anything like this is included in the game (never played HGSS, so I don't know if the same/similar puzzle was present), then I quit:
Ice Path [of eternal damnation]

I do remember the Sootopolis City Gym, and has to be [one of] my favorite(s). I hope they improve on this puzzle/gym.
*Crick-crick-crick-crick-crick-CRACK!*
This actually gets me thinking, I loved how quizzical the fifth gym was back in RSE. It makes me wonder which gyms are going to receive a huge puzzle overhaul, or at least a re-tweaking. I'm feeling something kind of in-between the Azalea gym and the Viridian gym in HGSS in terms of theming and kookiness.

Guys have you considered that OmegaGroudon sand AlphaKyogre may just be like Xerneas's two forms?
I highly doubt it. Everything points to the fact they are new forms. They might even be new mega evolutions, but that doesn't seem very likely, since, as already pointed out, the changes in appearance are rather slight compared to the ones a pokémon usually goes through upon mega-evolving. Not saying it's impossible.

I'd put my money on new forms, though. Just look at the new Kyogre. You can't draw a huge symbol on a pokémon's head stretching into its body, then throw in some glowing lines and eyes and pretend it's a mere aesthetic change or an stylized box-art. At first I just noticed the different-colored lines on Groudon ond Kyogre's bodies and I thought they'd just changed them to make the legendaries look more impressive, but then I saw that big thing on Kyogre's head (I was so amazed by Groudon I must've been blinded to Kyogre) and noticed Groudon had some changes as well.

Also both Coro Coro and the GetTV hosts seemed to stress the fact the legendaries on the box-art look a bit different than they usually do and, to top it off, there's the e-mail to the Daisuki Club members, where, according to Serebii, Nintendo itself pointed out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art and stated that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal.

Maybe I got something wrong, since I don't know any Japanese. But the fact I saw GetTV and the Coro Coro leak myself (even without understanding a single word) and Serebii is usually a trustworthy source makes me believe every little bit of information is hinting pretty strongly at some kind of new form. I'd personally prefer a new form instead of a mega evolution. Upgraded stats are way better than mega evolving since you can hold items and still have your mega slot free.

I also hope we get at least Mega Sceptile and mega Swampert. Sadly, I don't see any evidence for that. But given how little has been unveiled, lack of evidence doesn't really mean anything. Especially because I kinda buy into a theory someone posted some pages ago saying that maybe Mega Lati@s was just an unfinished, maybe even a discarded project. I mean, all the mega evolutions have individual, distinct looks, and even the two pokémon that got two mega evolutions (Charizard and Mewtwo) look pretty different in those forms. It doesn't really add up that mega Latios and mega Latias end up looking the same except for their eye color. Hopefully they're just some data left behind, which means there can be new mega evolutions - more specifically: mega swampert and mega sceptile >.< . I know this all sounds a bit far-fetched and I'm just looking at the facts the way I want to see them, but as long as I don't have definitive evidence that there aren't new megas (which in my opinion would be around October, since I think it's safe to assume that - if there are going to be any new mega evolutions - they'll use them in advertising, especially if they're Hoenn Starters) as long as I don't have that kind of evidence I'll continue dreaming...

Last edited:
I highly doubt it. Everything points to the fact they are new forms. They might even be new mega evolutions, but that doesn't seem very likely, since, as already pointed out, the changes in appearance are rather slight compared to the ones a pokémon usually goes through upon mega-evolving. Not saying it's impossible.

I'd put my money on new forms, though. Just look at the new Kyogre. You can't draw a huge symbol on a pokémon's head stretching into its body, then throw in some glowing lines and eyes and pretend it's a mere aesthetic change or an stylized box-art. At first I just noticed the different-colored lines on Groudon ond Kyogre's bodies and I thought they'd just changed them to make the legendaries look more impressive, but then I saw that big thing on Kyogre's head (I was so amazed by Groudon I must've been blinded to Kyogre) and noticed Groudon had some changes as well.

Also both Coro Coro and the GetTV hosts seemed to stress the fact the legendaries on the box-art look a bit different than they usually do and, to top it off, there's the e-mail to the Daisuki Club members, where, according to Serebii, Nintendo itself pointed out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art and stated that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal.

Maybe I got something wrong, since I don't know any Japanese. But the fact I saw GetTV and the Coro Coro leak myself (even without understanding a single word) and Serebii is usually a trustworthy source makes me believe every little bit of information is hinting pretty strongly at some kind of new form. I'd personally prefer a new form instead of a mega evolution. Upgraded stats are way better than mega evolving since you can hold items and still have your mega slot free.

I also hope we get at least Mega Sceptile and mega Swampert. Sadly, I don't see any evidence for that. But given how little has been unveiled, lack of evidence doesn't really mean anything. Especially because I kinda buy into a theory someone posted some pages ago saying that maybe Mega Lati@s was just an unfinished, maybe even a discarded project. I mean, all the mega evolutions have individual, distinct looks, and even the two pokémon that got two mega evolutions (Charizard and Mewtwo) look pretty different in those forms. It doesn't really add up that mega Latios and mega Latias end up looking the same except for their eye color. Hopefully they're just some data left behind, which means there can be new mega evolutions - more specifically: mega swampert and mega sceptile >.< . I know this all sounds a bit far-fetched and I'm just looking at the facts the way I want to see them, but as long as I don't have definitive evidence that there aren't new megas (which in my opinion would be around October, since I think it's safe to assume that - if there are going to be any new mega evolutions - they'll use them in advertising, especially if they're Hoenn Starters) as long as I don't have that kind of evidence I'll continue dreaming...
I'm sorry, but what is this evidence you say supports new forms? In my opinion, the lack of physical changes to the mascots supports that they're the same pokes, just with an updated look to go along with the alpha/omega themes. Adding glowing lines and spots is only slightly more radical than color changing horns, and I personally have come to expect a lot more from Game Freak in terms of new pokemon designs. The stress of them looking different is probably just a strategy to increase hype. Basically, until we get some solid information, like an official announcement or an in battle transformation, I'm remaining a skeptic on this subject.

The mega starters on the other hand make plenty of sense to me. Nintendo makes a boatload of money playing off the rivalries that the starters have, and giving only one of them a mega would lead to a seriously overcentralized community (it's already pretty bad). New megas just seems like a must if Nintendo wants to make money off of mudkip plushies like they did back in RSE. Not only am I reasonably confident they will get megas (if anyone gets megas), but I expect it to be released within a few months so the community has time to get excited.

I'm sorry, but what is this evidence you say supports new forms? In my opinion, the lack of physical changes to the mascots supports that they're the same pokes, just with an updated look to go along with the alpha/omega themes. Adding glowing lines and spots is only slightly more radical than color changing horns, and I personally have come to expect a lot more from Game Freak in terms of new pokemon designs. The stress of them looking different is probably just a strategy to increase hype. Basically, until we get some solid information, like an official announcement or an in battle transformation, I'm remaining a skeptic on this subject.

The mega starters on the other hand make plenty of sense to me. Nintendo makes a boatload of money playing off the rivalries that the starters have, and giving only one of them a mega would lead to a seriously overcentralized community (it's already pretty bad). New megas just seems like a must if Nintendo wants to make money off of mudkip plushies like they did back in RSE. Not only am I reasonably confident they will get megas (if anyone gets megas), but I expect it to be released within a few months so the community has time to get excited.
"The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon."

"The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon."
In addition to that and everything else I mentioned in my previous post (in fact, I even mentioned that in my previous post) I just found two more arguments that make new forms even more likely.

1) There were no changes of any kind in Charizard, Venusaur, Ho-oh and Lugia in their respective remakes. Now Groudoun and Kyogre show up with different looks and not only the fan base but even sources of information (GetTV, Coro Coro) seem to stress that difference. It's okay if you don't see it that way, but for me it's almost certain there is going to be some kind of new forms.

2) Back in fourth generation, new forms were a pretty unusual thing only event Pokémon and Giratina had access to. Fifth Generation took it a step further with many new forms: Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus, Keldeo, Meloetta to name some off the top of my head. Sixth generations pushed all boundaries with the introduction of mega evolutions. What I'm trying to say is: new forms and even new evolutions have become a rather trivial thing in pokémon now. Since they're not a big deal anymore, it's all the more likely new ones would come along with the new games. Especially in light of all the "hints" we've been given.

But in the end, that's just speculation.

I really hope you're right and they make sense for me too. Sadly that's no guarantee. I guess a second mega evolution for Venusaur and Blastoise made a lot sense for most people too after they saw Mega Charizard X and yet we got neither of them. Things look even worse if you agree that game Freak has been favoring fire types this generation (just think of Sacred Fire Entei and empty-handed Raikou and Suicune). To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Blaziken ended up as the only Hoenn Starter with a mega evolution. As fan I'd be pissed, but not surprised :/

Last edited:
Could somebody link me the source for "Never before seen" line. I might not be able to read Japanese very well (I moved to the states when I was two), but I understand it pretty well and none of the audio I've heard so far gives me solid reason to believe the box art is anything more than an aesthetic form like Xerneas's, which is a brand new thing this gen and would make sense to be standardized in a new set of games. This generation has a much larger focus on visual and cinematic appeal, so that's what I'm labeling it as for now.

Then again, I could be biased, because I really do think they could do a lot better with new in-battle forms than some glowing lines.

Last edited:

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Probably been said already, but I'm guessing the red and blue orbs will transform into Groudonite and Kyogrite respectively, much akin to how the enigma stone turned out to be the soul dew under closer inspection.
Yeah theres been alot of speculation about this, it would make alot of sense, It could work that way.

Also would it be wrong to want more gift pokemon, Im playing Fire Red at the moment, and Im shocked to see just how many pokemon you get from others, not trades, but just actual pokemon, Im pretty sure with all the pokemon that are freebee's I could have made a team out of them! Idk I just think alot of gift pokemon would be cool and fun to do especially in the newer games, Gen 3 we didn't have too many in R/S/E that I could recall, just Beldum,Wynaut, and Castform if Im not mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why remake red and green, when blue and yellow are untapped, Pokemon Ocean Blue and Lightning Yellow, add extra features to Blue so it's on par to Yellow and have pokemon follow you like Pokemon HG & SS.

Why remake red and green, when blue and yellow are untapped, Pokemon Ocean Blue and Lightning Yellow, add extra features to Blue so it's on par to Yellow and have pokemon follow you like Pokemon HG & SS.
I honestly don't get why people want following pokemon so much. Yes, it was cool in Yellow, HG and SS, but it's not an amazing game-changing feature, and I definitely don't think it needs to keep coming back. There are so many better and more interesting concepts the team making this could be working on. I want to see something new.

Making pokemon follow you will take so much extra time for Game Freak. Don't forget they also have to add what the pokemon are feeling. Having pokemon follow you is not that big of a deal. I just hope Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are actually in 3D completely. (and not just a ploy to sell the 2DS)

Haven't been back since the pre-release of XY, so I thought now would be a good time. Really glad to see Cobraroll giving great inputs, as usual.

Anyways, I don't see why Plusle and Minun can't get mevos, if Gamefreak wants to, and they think that it is a good idea for business, they will. "But--- but-- Plusle and Minun are meant to be used together! They can't both get mega evolutions because then what's the point?!"

Multi-Battles

Now, I.... want to believe that ORAS isn't going to be set in the same timeline as RSE, whether it be before or after is WAY too early to say
The idea of just remaking every game basically exactly the same as the old version (save for graphics) is boring. I wonder when they're remaking FRLG? GF called these games full remakes so that sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't get why people want following pokemon so much. Yes, it was cool in Yellow, HG and SS, but it's not an amazing game-changing feature, and I definitely don't think it needs to keep coming back. There are so many better and more interesting concepts the team making this could be working on. I want to see something new.
I'm not exactly a big supporter of pokemon following your playable character either (it is aesthetically pleasing though) but I expect it to be in there just to stay faithful and consistent with previous games ie Pokemon yellow. I won't be disappointed either of it doesn't make it but it is nice to have.

My expectations for anything radically different or new is low, mostly because the evolution of the game (pun intended :-P) has been very slow. I also don't expect anything radically new until 7th gen at the very least which is probably a 2016 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)