OMPL VIII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
man by chance, did messi give up when he missed the penalty? Did Bob Marley give up smoking marijuana despite pressure from the media? Did Santos Dumont give up after several attempts by the plane to fly? By chance, did Vasco gave up being a team when he was vice several times. Did Mike Tayson stop fighting boxing after taking a beating from Holyfeeld? Facing our life and full of ups and downs, when we think we are strong at heart we are weak, we will always suffer defeats in our life, but with persistence will reach its goals and will win in life. So NEVER GIVE UP.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
man by chance, did messi give up when he missed the penalty? Did Bob Marley give up smoking marijuana despite pressure from the media? Did Santos Dumont give up after several attempts by the plane to fly? By chance, did Vasco gave up being a team when he was vice several times. Did Mike Tayson stop fighting boxing after taking a beating from Holyfeeld? Facing our life and full of ups and downs, when we think we are strong at heart we are weak, we will always suffer defeats in our life, but with persistence will reach its goals and will win in life. So NEVER GIVE UP.
anyone else read bob marley as Mob Barley

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
remember you have to be LGBTQ+ to get any recognition on smogon
User known informally as "Dez Shizzels," that is factually not the case. What you speak of was in fact myself throughout its entire occurrence, spanning the length of 4 years to the present moment. It is not my intention to achieve recognition on the Pokemon Showdown!/Smogon community. The true nature of my intention is merely that I wish to contribute to the aforementioned community, particularly through the means of the Contributions and Corrections subforum from which I am currently disallowed from participating in, contrary to my desires. I am not concerned that higher authority figures with the Pokemon Showdown!/Smogon community hold a negative prejudice against users who are heterosexual and cisgender. However, I do believe that many of these users hold strong, positive prejudices towards users who appear to be members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community. For the sake of clarification, I would like to add that it does not matter whether or not the user in question is actually a member of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community but rather it matters that the user, from the perspective of the higher authority figures, seems to be so. I do not mean, however, to insinuate that any users have pretended to be members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community for the sake of gaining recognition, however; I simply have no point to make in this regard. When speaking of the Smogon community, there is very little hatred to be found for users who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer and to the contrary, the Smogon community has a great quantity of both sympathy and support for the supposed issues that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people deal with. This fact strongly indicates that [...]

While the words that I have spoken are indicative of my opinion in that according to every recent and relevant metric the only fashion in which it is possible to be recognized as a notable contributor to the Pokemon Showdown!/Smogon community is to either be or pretend to be a member of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community, I am partially regretful of the ways in which I have said them. It was not my intent to cause offense to any lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer people who are not of high authority within the Pokemon Showdown!/Smogon community. Considering that English was not the language on which I was first taught, I hope that you will be able to forgive me for the times which I have used improperly conveyed my messages. The majority of people recognized as contributors to the Pokemon Showdown!/Smogon community are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer because they are simply among those who are recognized. A large quantity of users who are not and do not act as though they are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer contribute in quantity and quality equal and sometimes greater than recognized lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer people are not recognized as contributors for this same reason.

It is not representative of my beliefs that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people are consistently undeserving of recognition but I am in opposition to the functionality of the current system in which people who are optically members of this community are the only ones able to be recognized for their contributions. It is my core belief that everyone ought to be recognized equally irregardless of their sexual orientation or relationship between their gender and sex. At this point, I have found it wise to cease speaking because regardless of my extensive experience observing the recognition of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer users, speaking on the matter in a fashion consistent with my beliefs comes off as me calling out or otherwise slandering recognized lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer users or being a user who is opposed to the acceptance of such people which is untrue and slander in and of itself.

~edudittA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)