Signups OMPL XII - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
OMPL XII Logo for real.png

Art by IoSonoNeon

Hello everyone! We are pleased to announce that manager signups for OMPL XII are now open. If you would like to manage, please read the following details before signing up.
  • There are 8 teams and each team will have one manager.
    • Managers can choose to signup with a co-manager.
  • Managers are required to participate in the auction to draft their players.
  • Managers will have a budget of 100k and can purchase themselves for their teams for 13.5k if they desire to do so.
    • Co-managers can also be purchased for the same price as managers (13.5k)
    • All manager purchases must be sent to the hosts (berry, UT, and Vertigo) before the draft, and all of them will be announced in the administrative thread when that goes up.
  • Managers must select their lineup for the week and send it to the hosts before the week starts. This has been an issue on occasion in past OMPLs, so if you don't think you can do this for the duration of OMPL XII (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
If you can commit for the next two months or so, go ahead and sign up with your prospective team name. Managers will be decided within one week, after 10 PM GMT -4 on Saturday, May 4th.

TEMPLATE FOR SIGNING UP:

Team Name: The Your Mom Miltanks
Manager: Your Mom
Co-Manager: Your Mom (or type N/A if not applicable to you)
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Miltank
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick)
If you don't use this format, we will ignore your signup.

SV Almost Any Ability
SV Balanced Hackmons
SV STABmons
SV Mix and Mega
SV Godly Gift
SV Partners in Crime
SV Inheritance
Best of Three (AAA / STAB / MnM)

Last edited by a moderator:

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
(not affiliated with ompl tour hosts and not an official ruling)

As an OM history enjoyer, I'd like to encourage managers to continue the legacy of past dynasties of OMPL and use older teams' names, especially if you were previously on or managing that team, but also if you like one of the old team's names. One of the biggest missing pieces in OMPL history is the lack of dynasties beyond just a couple of teams, and last season we had a miniscule one returning team and a brand new field of seven. A lot of these teams have a LOT of history behind them, and I'd encourage you to dig into past OMPLs and see some of the history behind our corner of the site.

I have all former team names and trophies on my OMPL records sheet ( https://spo.ink/omplstats ) in the "teams" tab at the bottom.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
547CD632-D102-4E39-8F02-92AE705C4124.png

Team Name:
Walking Wokes
Manager: Evie
Co-Manager: cat
Team Mascot: Walking Wake :walking-wake:
Both of us are very active in the OM community, with both of us being on AAA QC. I have participated in many teamtours, and have managing experience from NDOTSL. I also have individual tournament performances such as currently being in the finals of PiC Open and making playoffs of AAALT. cat has experience in teamtours overall, from managing in AAAPL (and reaching playoffs) to participating in teamtours like NDOTSL, and even hosting AAALT. furthermore, cat helps to staff the OM room, which shows her knowledge of OMs and the community in general. cat's presence extends beyond the room; you can see her often in the OM discord (larping like a nolife) and the forums, as seen by the contributor role in the OM discord and the community contributor badge she has here.

Attachments

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
View attachment 627827
Team Name:
Walking Wokes
Manager: Evie
Co-Manager: cat
Team Mascot: Walking Wake :walking-wake:
Both of us are very active in the OM community, with both of us being on AAA QC. I have participated in many teamtours, and have managing experience from NDOTSL. I also have individual tournament performances such as currently being in the finals of PiC Open and making playoffs of AAALT. cat has experience in teamtours overall, from managing in AAAPL (and reaching playoffs) to participating in teamtours like NDOTSL, and even hosting AAALT. furthermore, cat helps to staff the OM room, which shows her knowledge of OMs and the community in general. cat's presence extends beyond the room; you can see her often in the OM discord (larping like a nolife) and the forums, as seen by the contributor role in the OM discord and the community contributor badge she has here.
confirming.

UT mocc rfn

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Team Name: Rise Up Darkrais
Manager: Career Ended
Co-Manager: HiZo
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Darkrai :darkrai:

I managed in OMFL and got to finals, and managed OMWC too. Career managed AAAPL. In terms in OM involvement, I am a current PiC TL. Career is MnM council and is the current OM champ, among other things. We cover our bases as well as being a great duo.

Last edited:

abriel

I’m with you.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Team Name: Malevolent Misdreavuses
Manager: abriel
Co-Manager: zoe
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Misdreavus :misdreavus:

this one's for you berry

I'm a longtime member of the OM community, I've played in teamtours throughout the years, won STAB seasonal, and advanced to playoffs in grand slam and champs. zoe covers the metas I don't have experience in, she's one of the premier PiC players and on the meta's council. She's also had success managing in other teamtours, as she managed last year's winning team in UUPL and is currently in UUPL semis. Franchise name picked bc I played on the team in OMPL 8 and zoe "liked the missy one".

zoe

Beyond the Sky
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
Team Name: Malevolent Misdreavuses
Manager: abriel
Co-Manager: zoe
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Misdreavus :misdreavus:

this one's for you berry

I'm a longtime member of the OM community, I've played in teamtours throughout the years, won STAB seasonal, and advanced to playoffs in grand slam and champs. zoe covers the metas I don't have experience in, she's one of the premier PiC players and on the meta's council. She's also had success managing in other teamtours, as she managed last year's winning team in UUPL and is currently in UUPL semis. Franchise name picked bc I played on the team in OMPL 8 and zoe "liked the missy one".
confirming!

Career Ended

Whatever happens, happens
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending Other Metas Circuit Champion
Team Name: Rise Up Darkrais
Manager: Career Ended
Co-Manager: HiZo
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Darkrai :darkrai:

I managed in OMFL and got to finals, and managed OMWC too. Career managed AAAPL. In terms in OM involvement, I am a current PiC TL. Career is MnM council and is the current OM champ, among other things. We cover our bases as well as being a great duo.
confirming

Team Name: W Virizzions
Manager:
Greybaum
Co-Manager: me!
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Virizion
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick)

The metagame pushing maushold inventionerduo would like to take return with the Virizzions after last year solid showing.
Greybaum needs no room for introduction of how knowledged, active and good the responsible greybaum proved himself in the OM Scene throughout the years. He can follow up for himself. Myself I am known in OM, to be Volcaronas personal lawyer in every playable format. Beside being professionaly in hatelove relationship with AAA Corviknight, I myself gotten more into a proactive managing role including this year of wcop with Tournamentwins in omwc and oraspl

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Team Name: Black Diamond Kyurems
Manager: Fragments
Co-Manager: RoFnA
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Kyurem-Black

I've managed RBTT (3x), UMPL (2x), BLT (2x), OUPL, 1v1pl, 2v2pl, CAPPL, ADPL, EPL, NDPL, PUWC, and UWC. Only ever missed playoffs twice in all the PL's I've managed. I won OMPL last year as a player, ending with a 5-2 record as top 2 in my pool. I also participated in OMWC and have generally played a lot of OMs in my spare time. RoFnA is known for being a standout OM player with accomplishments including OMPL Finals, an OM World Cup win, top 8 in OM Circuit and current appearances in BH and MnM Open finals. His comprehensive knowledge across all tiers and expertise in AAA, BH, MnM, GG, and STAB make him particularly well-suited for a manager position. Together, we bring an abundance of both manager experience and meta knowledge to the table, and can guarantee a fun, active team environment with strong playoff odds.

RoFnA

Vegan funktioniert ned
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Team Name: Black Diamond Kyurems
Manager: Fragments
Co-Manager: RoFnA
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Kyurem-Black

I've managed RBTT (3x), UMPL (2x), BLT (2x), OUPL, 1v1pl, 2v2pl, CAPPL, ADPL, EPL, NDPL, PUWC, and UWC. Only ever missed playoffs twice in all the PL's I've managed. I won OMPL last year as a player, ending with a 5-2 record as top 2 in my pool. I also participated in OMWC and have generally played a lot of OMs in my spare time. RoFnA is known for being a standout OM player with accomplishments including OMPL Finals, an OM World Cup win, top 8 in OM Circuit and current appearances in BH and MnM Open finals. His comprehensive knowledge across all tiers and expertise in AAA, BH, MnM, GG, and STAB make him particularly well-suited for a manager position. Together, we bring an abundance of both manager experience and meta knowledge to the table, and can guarantee a fun, active team environment with strong playoff odds.
Verily, I do solemnly affirm the assertion aforementioned.

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
Team Name: Clodsire Conquerors
Manager: Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
Co-Manager: BoingK
Team Mascot: Clodsire
Yo, it is the Biggest Clodsire Fans here with our managerial signups for OMPL 2024! I am extremely active in the OM community, you'll often see me lurking around on the discord or forums, and I also lead the Tier Shift metagame. Maybca is also an active contributor to the community, acting as a QC for STABmons. Both me and Maybca play, and are decently knowledgable, in a variety of Other Metagame tiers. We also both have decent teamtour experience: I have played in OMWC and NDOTSL while supporting for OMPL and ZUWC, while Maybca won UMPL (having the best differential in his pool) and has supported OMWC, while managing in OMPL last year. Maybca also has notable solo tour achievements, achieving top 8 in AAALT and reaching top 4 of OM Majors.
As a managing duo, I am certain we can bring a strong performance to the table, through our general metagame knowledge across the board, team tour experience, enthusiasm, and love for Clodsire.
:pmd/clodsire: :pmd/clodsire: :pmd/clodsire:

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Team Name: W Virizzions
Manager:
Greybaum
Co-Manager: me!
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Virizion

The metagame pushing maushold inventionerduo would like to take return with the Virizzions after last year solid showing.
Greybaum needs no room for introduction of how knowledged, active and good the responsible greybaum proved himself in the OM Scene throughout the years. He can follow up for himself. Myself I am known in OM, to be Volcaronas personal lawyer in every playable format. Beside being professionaly in hatelove relationship with AAA Corviknight, I myself gotten more into a proactive managing role including this year of wcop with Tournamentwins in omwc and oraspl
rizz with text1.png

Confirming. Me and hayedenn had a strong run last time and I'm looking forward to running it back with Sylvi - they were a great support last year and have since captained multiple tournament teams. We'll be claiming a W this time around.

Team Name: Clodsire Conquerors
Manager: Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
Co-Manager: BoingK
Team Mascot: Clodsire
Yo, it is the Biggest Clodsire Fans here with our managerial signups for OMPL 2024! I am extremely active in the OM community, you'll often see me lurking around on the discord or forums, and I also lead the Tier Shift metagame. Maybca is also an active contributor to the community, acting as a QC for STABmons. Both me and Maybca play, and are decently knowledgable, in a variety of Other Metagame tiers. We also both have decent teamtour experience: I have played in OMWC and NDOTSL while supporting for OMPL and ZUWC, while Maybca won UMPL (having the best differential in his pool) and has supported OMWC, while managing in OMPL last year. Maybca also has notable solo tour achievements, achieving top 8 in AAALT and reaching top 4 of OM Majors.
As a managing duo, I am certain we can bring a strong performance to the table, through our general metagame knowledge across the board, team tour experience, enthusiasm, and love for Clodsire.
:pmd/clodsire: :pmd/clodsire: :pmd/clodsire:
Confirming !

Team name: Heart Takers
Manager: ojr
Co-Manager:
Ivar57
Team Mascot: Manaphy

Me and Ivar have participated in multiple OMPL's. We have won AAAPL and OMWC and I have been in the finals of OMPL twice in the last 2 OMPL's so Im hungry to win OMPL. Ive managed in several discord tournaments and I managed in the last UMPL. Ivar has become one of OM's best players around with accolades in several OM's and going deep in OM Circuit every year. We have the knowledge and motivation to win this tournament. We will take your heart and the trophy this year in OMPL.

Team name: Heart Takers
Manager: ojr
Co-Manager:
Ivar57
Team Mascot: Manaphy

Me and Ivar have participated in multiple OMPL's. We have won AAAPL and OMWC and I have been in the finals of OMPL twice in the last 2 OMPL's so Im hungry to win OMPL. Ive managed in several discord tournaments and I managed in the last UMPL. Ivar has become one of OM's best players around with accolades in several OM's and going deep in OM Circuit every year. We have the knowledge and motivation to win this tournament. We will take your heart and the trophy this year in OMPL.
confirming

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Name: Mob Psyducks
Manager:
SpaceSpeakers
Co-Manager: LordBox
Team Mascot: Psyduck :Psyduck:

I have been playing OM for many years and also played in OMGS, OMPL, OMWC and OM Circuit last year. Regarding my management experience, I managed AAAPL and reached Playoffs with the goat team that i drafted. Meanwhile, LordBox is on the AAA Council (of course no one doubts his knowledge in this tier) and he is very active in the OM community. Moreover, he also managed many team tours such as OMWC, AAAPL where he showed good performance and great support for his teams . I and LordBox are on MNM and AAA QC respectively. We have experience in teamtours in general and we can help build several tiers such as MNM, Stab and especially AAA. I and LordBox have been teammates in many teamtours, which means we understand each other well and can work well together in teamtours specifically.We both made to playoffs in OMPL last year and pretty sure we can do it better this year.
Ảnh chụp màn hình 2024-04-26 231041.png

Last edited:

Gimmicky

It ain't no pair of Air Jordans!
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Team Name: Heart and Soul
Manager: Gimmicky
Co-Manager: Clas
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Magearna :magearna:

Both of us are active OM QC members and competent teambuilders/supports in our respective metagames. I'm active staff in the OM room while Clas has been active staff in the OM, OM Mashups, and NDOT rooms. I have team tour experience in both AAAPL I and OMFL IV, as well as being a sub/support for Northeast in OMWC VI, while Clas has managed for multiple team tours including OMWC, OMFL, and assisting roles in AAAPL and M4APL alongside a series of highly successful tournament results ranging from winning BH SSNL 2023 and a semifinalist result in the 2023 OM Championships to solid performances in the ongoing OM Majors circuits

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Team Name: Mob Psyducks
Manager:
SpaceSpeakers
Co-Manager: LordBox
Team Mascot: Psyduck :Psyduck:

I have been playing OM for many years and also played in OMGS, OMPL, OMWC and OM Circuit last year. Regarding my management experience, I managed AAAPL and reached Playoffs with the goat team that i drafted. Meanwhile, LordBox is on the AAA Council (of course no one doubts his knowledge in this tier) and he is very active in the OM community. Moreover, he also managed many team tours such as OMWC, AAAPL where he showed good performance and great support for his teams . I and LordBox are on MNM and AAA QC respectively. We have experience in teamtours in general and we can help build several tiers such as MNM, Stab and especially AAA. I and LordBox have been teammates in many teamtours, which means we understand each other well and can work well together in teamtours specifically.We both made to playoffs in OMPL last year and pretty sure we can do it better this year.
View attachment 628035
confirming

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Name: Heart and Soul
Manager: Gimmicky
Co-Manager: Clas
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Magearna :magearna:

Both of us are active OM QC members and competent teambuilders/supports in our respective metagames. I'm active staff in the OM room while Clas has been active staff in the OM, OM Mashups, and NDOT rooms. I have team tour experience in both AAAPL I and OMFL IV, as well as being a sub/support for Northeast in OMWC VI, while Clas has managed for multiple team tours including OMWC, OMFL, and assisting roles in AAAPL and M4APL alongside a series of highly successful tournament results ranging from winning BH SSNL 2023 and a semifinalist result in the 2023 OM Championships to solid performances in the ongoing OM Majors circuits
confirming!

Team Name: Mick Tygnon
Manager: Les2BG
Co-Manager: lemonstre1
Team Mascot:
: Hitmonchan (Tygnon) :hitmonchan:
I'm active in the om community which would allow us to be able to draft a good team, I'm pretty good in GG where I did 2nd at the last SSNL and 3rd at the Open while being council of the tier, I also did semi-finals of the PiC open. lemonstre1 did the omfl in bh and finished in 3-1 as well as the Wcup 1v1 and OMs, he has a lot of experience in teamtours and a lot of free time, in French we say that it is ‘un gros chômeur’ that will allow him to be very active and listening to players (I would be too of course). lemonstre1 also knows very well how to use many tools such as google docs/sheets or ChatGPT allowing him, thanks to his help, to build a bunch of teams allowing to unload a bit of work from the players. (he's funny too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 0)