Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

How is Scarf Meloetta in OU? To add to the question what are some decent Special Late Game Cleaners / RKillers with U-Turn?
Scarf Meloetta seems like a waste I mean, I just don't see it getting the revenge kills that is required from a scarfer.

Landorus-T, pretty much all I can think of

How is Scarf Meloetta in OU? To add to the question what are some decent Special Late Game Cleaners / RKillers with U-Turn?
Same reasons Mega are in OU when the Pokemon themsleevs are in lower tiers, I assume. That the pokemon itself has been used enough for OU.

Are the Showdown replays down? I can play on Showdown and access any website (so I don't think it's my Wifi connection) but for some reason the Showdown replay doesn't work for me.

Which Pokémon could be a decent Trick Room setter: Slowbro/Slowking or Cofagrigus? I had considered Porygon2, but seems a bit too passive and reliant on its Eviolite.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As you said slowbro/slowking and cofagrigus make good trick room setters. Other good trick room setters are normal diancie, cresselia, bronzong and porygon2 even though it hates getting its eviolite knocked off.

Having a strong backbone against bisharp is really important cause there is a tendency among all this trick room setters...

p2

Banned deucer.
Which Pokémon could be a decent Trick Room setter: Slowbro/Slowking or Cofagrigus? I had considered Porygon2, but seems a bit too passive and reliant on its Eviolite.
Cresselia, Diancie, Slowbro, and Porygon2 are probably the best TR setters available

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
What are the differences between regular offense and HO? They seem to be very similar playstyles to me.
HO uses a lead + 5 offensive pokemon. Regular offense (bulky offense mostly) also uses 6 offensive pokemon, but most of them have nice defensive presence (AV Raikou, Tankchomp, Mega Altaria, TTar)

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are the differences between regular offense and HO? They seem to be very similar playstyles to me.
Bulky offense (what I'm assuming you're reffering to as regular offense) has a couple of bulky, often slower Pokemon (usually the SR setter and a pivot) that are used to plug weaknesses to fast Pokemon and priority users that threaten offense like Lopunny, Weavile, Talonflame, Bisharp etc...
HO only has fast offensive Pokemon, and usually employs a Sash lead as a SR setter. They deal with threats to HO through priority or just sheer offensive presence alone (or by forfeiting when they see them)

edit : somewhat ninja'd

Last edited:
Bulky offense (what I'm assuming you're reffering to as regular offense) has a couple of bulky, slow Pokemon (usually the SR setter and a pivot) that are used to plug weaknesses to fast Pokemon and priority users that threaten offense like Lopunny, Weavile, Talonflame, Bisharp etc...
HO only has fast offensive Pokemon, and usually employs a Sash lead as a SR setter. They deal with threats to HO through priority or just sheer offensive presence alone (or by forfeiting when they see them)

edit : somewhat ninja'd
In that case, what seperates offense from balance?

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
In that case, what seperates offense from balance?
Here are 2 teams as an example
- The pokemon you find here are all offensive, but some of them have bulky presence. AV Raikou and Tankchomp gives the team switchins to pokemon like Thundurus and Lopunny, without giving too much momentum to the opponent. If you pick a balance team; for example:
- This is just a standard balance team with 3 offensive and 3 defensive pokemon. Unlike the bulky offensive team, there are pokemon without much offensive presence (Ferrothorn, Clefable) but with much more support than the Raikou and Garchomp for bulky offense. Balanced teams often have pokemon that provide defensive support to take on threats to the offensive part (Talonflame, Lopunny, Weavile) and offensive pokemon to break down other offensive and defensive pokemon.

To make things clearer, this is an example of a HO team
Azelf is a suicide lead and the other pokemon are just wallbreakers. Just 5 pokemon I put together but you can think of TWave-NP Thundurus, LO Bisharp, DD Altaria, LO Tornadus-T and Scarf/SubCM Keldeo.

And this is an example of a semi-stall team (semi-stall is more defensive orientated than balance, but unlike stall it still has some offensive presence with pokemon like SpD Talonflame, Starmie and CM Clefable)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Hey guys, which one of these cores is better? Nasty Plot Hoopa-U, Mega Lopunny and Gengar or Nasty Plot Hoopa-U, Mega Metagross, and Terrakion?

Here are 2 teams as an example
- The pokemon you find here are all offensive, but some of them have bulky presence. AV Raikou and Tankchomp gives the team switchins to pokemon like Thundurus and Lopunny, without giving too much momentum to the opponent. If you pick a balance team; for example:
- This is just a standard balance team with 3 offensive and 3 defensive pokemon. Unlike the bulky offensive team, there are pokemon without much offensive presence (Ferrothorn, Clefable) but with much more support than the Raikou and Garchomp for bulky offense. Balanced teams often have pokemon that provide defensive support to take on threats to the offensive part (Talonflame, Lopunny, Weavile) and offensive pokemon to break down other offensive and defensive pokemon.

To make things clearer, this is an example of a HO team
Azelf is a suicide lead and the other pokemon are just wallbreakers. Just 5 pokemon I put together but you can think of TWave-NP Thundurus, LO Bisharp, DD Altaria, LO Tornadus-T and Scarf/SubCM Keldeo.

And this is an example of a semi-stall team (semi-stall is more defensive orientated than balance, but unlike stall it still has some offensive presence with pokemon like SpD Talonflame, Starmie and CM Clefable)
Oh wow! That clears up all my questions. Thanks a lot, definitely helped me.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Are Hoopa, H-Unbound and volcanion legal now?

And if so, can you guess what tier that might drop in?

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Are Hoopa, H-Unbound and volcanion legal now?

And if so, can you guess what tier that might drop in?
Hoopa is legal, Volcanion isn't. Hoopa-U will most likely be OU, Normal Hoopa UU, and Volcanion is UU material imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)