Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are Azelf's advantages over Espeon as a dual-screener?
Mainly speed, being able to pull off the fast-taunt thing better. It can also give better benefits of dual screens to the rest of the team by exploding immediately after, so as to get the next mon in faster, and not waste any turns or HP (espeon can bp or hard switch, but the incoming mon can still take some unwanted damage. Also, the chip damage from explosion can come in handy sometimes).

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Azelf also has acess to Stealth Rocks which is huge since you don't need to go out of your way to find another rock setter.

Although with rocks, it loses out on one of its' screens, taunt, or boom, so on dual screens azelf rocks aren't as much of a priority.
On standard lead azelf tho, rocks are key components of the set, so yeah.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Although with rocks, it loses out on one of its' screens, taunt, or boom, so on dual screens azelf rocks aren't as much of a priority.
Rocks are a priority on dual screens. It's SR, Screens, Taunt on the screens set. The Explosion set is SR, Taunt, Explosion, and then usually a filler such as Fire Blast or Knock Off.

I use U-Turn over Explosion with regards to Screens Azelf. Breaks opposing lead sashes, and allows Azelf to potentially throw up another screen or two later if it's still healthy.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone know the spread for Clefable that allows it to not be 2HKO'd by LO TBolt from Thundurus and LO Psyshock from Latios?
252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD Calm (also takes on Greninja very well)

If Greninja isn't a concern you can always run 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD to guarantee to take 2 Psyshocks from LO Latios assuming 2 max rolls, and still beat Thundurus. Basically, 184 Def is the jump point for Latios and 44 SpD is the jump point for Thundurus, and you can put the remaining EVs in Def or SpD as you like. 252/160/96 is the standard spread however.

Last edited:
I keep hearing discussion of Landorus-T's Scarf set. Could someone describe what this one consists of, or at least a basic description of it? I still have one I could RNG so I'm deciding whether to go Impish or a different nature.

I keep hearing discussion of Landorus-T's Scarf set. Could someone describe what this one consists of, or at least a basic description of it? I still have one I could RNG so I'm deciding whether to go Impish or a different nature.
You can go 140 HP / 156Atk / 212 Speed Adament Choice Scarf to outpace Mega-Man, but you don't outspeed other scarfers (depending on base speed of course) iirc. Usually, if you go Jolly, it's something like 252 Atk / 236Speed / 20HP. If you're wondering about what moves, it's usually Superpower/Knock Off, Earthquake, Stone Edge, U-turn. You can also run HP Flying for Mega Heracross (So Lonely/Naive if so).

You can go 140 HP/156Atk/212 Speed Adament Choice Scarf to outpace Mega-Man, but you don't outspeed other scarfers (depending on base speed of course) iirc. Usually, if you go Jolly, it's something like 252 Atk/236Speed/20HP. If you're wondering about what moves, it's usually Superpower/Knock Off, Earthquake, Stone Edge, U-turn. You can also run HP Flying for Mega Heracross (So Lonely/Naive if so).
Following on this, what would you say is the most "Versatile" nature for Landorus-T? That is, the one that could in some form fit the greatest number of sets. Since Scarf seems to be among its more popular sets, I might go Adamant (already have a Jolly one), but I want to be sure.

Are Knock Off/Superpower for any SPECIFIC targets, or just general coverage/utility options?

Following on this, what would you say is the most "Versatile" nature for Landorus-T? That is, the one that could in some form fit the greatest number of sets. Since Scarf seems to be among its more popular sets, I might go Adamant (already have a Jolly one), but I want to be sure.

Are Knock Off/Superpower for any SPECIFIC targets, or just general coverage/utility options?
Superpower is generally for Mega Gyarados and Knock Off because it's literally a spammable move. Like you said, Knock off is just coverage/utility option. lol. Tbh, I believe Jolly is the most versatile nature for Scarf-Lando just becuase you won't have to worry about getting outsped by other scarfers instead of using Adament and 212 Speed EV's just to outpace Mega-Manectric. Scarf Lando + Mega Man is a great Offensive Volt/Turn Core with double intimidate. But seeming you already have a Jolly varient, just go RNG an Adament one. Or, you can RNG a HP Flying Jolly for Mega Heracross because Mega Heracross is threatening.

Superpower is generally for Mega Gyarados and Knock Off because it's literally a spammable move. Like you said, Knock off is just coverage/utility option. lol. Tbh, I believe Jolly is the most versatile nature for Scarf-Lando just becuase you won't have to worry about getting outsped by other scarfers instead of using Adament and 212 Speed EV's just to outpace Mega-Manectric. Scarf Lando + Mega Man is a great Offensive Volt/Turn Core with double intimidate. But seeming you already have a Jolly varient, just go RNG an Adament one. Or, you can RNG a HP Flying Jolly for Mega Heracross because Mega Heracross is threatening.
I'm curious, why would a HP Flying for Mega Hera need Jolly as opposed to Adamant? With the scarf and meant to outpace Mega Man anyway, wouldn't Adamant's power ultimately mean more than Jolly's speed?

I might go Adamant w/ HP Flying. Does the 212 Ev's only outpace Mega Mane by 1, considering the HP Flying spreads almost all have 30 Speed IV?

Flying:
30/30/30/30/30/31
31/31/31/30/30/30
30/31/31/30/30/30
31/30/31/30/30/30

I'm curious, why would a HP Flying for Mega Hera need Jolly as opposed to Adamant? With the scarf and meant to outpace Mega Man anyway, wouldn't Adamant's power ultimately mean more than Jolly's speed?

I might go Adamant w/ HP Flying. Does the 212 Ev's only outpace Mega Mane by 1, considering the HP Flying spreads almost all have 30 Speed IV?

Flying:
30/30/30/30/30/31
31/31/31/30/30/30
30/31/31/30/30/30
31/30/31/30/30/30
Not sure, if possible, your best bet is to get HP Flying spread with 31 Speed IV.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
It's worth mentioning that if you're planning on playing this on cart, make sure your stats are correct at level 50 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)