Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading in various places that gen VI has introduced new sleep mechanics...

Has it? What are they?

If the talk of new sleep mechanics is still overspill from last gen - what are people talking about it still for? e.g. What battle techniques are there using these new mechanics etc?
They're more like old than new. The mechanics were brought back to the gen IV state.

Can someone give me the downlow on Pokebank OU beta? Like the rules and whatnot?

Also, is there any place where one can battle with only currently legal Pokemon and moves, if Pokebank isn't that place?
Pokebank OU beta is the right place AFAIK, though it's not like there're some formed rules and stuff, I can't even say the metagame's forming already, too early. Uber-list is forming right now as well, yesterday I could use Blaziken, today I can't already. :P So just throw some pokes that interest you into a team and try it out.

one ix there a way to search this thread for questions so i dont have to re ask and two where does one fins Qwillfish and three how does one get dream world abilities in this new game
Adding a bit to Mygavolt's post.
1. Search at the top, tick the "Search this thread only". It's reliable enough if you use reliable query.
3. Hordes also contain hidden abilities pokemon.

when resetting for xerneas and yveltal, how can i skip that battle scene? i dont know if the ivs get locked in and what not.
You can run away from it after encountering. It won't disappear if you do, it'll also reset the IVs. If you want to check my words first, run away, don't save, start the battle again, damage it, run and restart the battle again. It's health will get back to 100% and basically you can also sometimes see from the damage you deal that the stats of it are different enough. Checked it myself.
You won't be able to skip the part with Lysandre appearing and the fastest way to check the stats is see them at the battle screen though. Also, in case you haven't tried yet, you'll have a possibility to get X/Y legend into your party before the battle with Lysandre even if you have all six slots occupied.

Wasn't sure whether to ask this in some sort of new thread but...

Has the ability Moody been altered or does the game simply not show the stat which is reduced? A pokemon (opponent) has moody and just had its Sp.A boosted two stages as usual, but no visual cue of a stat decreasing by one stage occurred? I haven't seen the ability in past games as I've never used/fought a pokemon with it, what with it being a hidden ability.
You sure you haven't just missed it? Iirc I've seen some moody poke and I had my Ditto transformed into it. Opponent's poke was OHKOed, so I'm not sure about him, but on my Ditto both increase and decrease in stats were shown.

Is the option to "Move Pokemon" in the PC gone, or is it just not immediately obvious how to get to it? Do you have to go through "Deposit Pokemon" and then "Withdraw Pokemon" whenever you want to switch a party member?
Organize boxes, one of the functions there.

Okay, I realise this could just be RNG on me, but im breeding inkay's at the moment, but can't for a life of me get a contrary one with the right 5 IVs, but what i have bread is 4 perfect inkays, 6 IVs, but only 2 that are missing special attack (all 6 have suction cup).

Point is, im breeding far more perfects than ones just missing special attack, when in reality only 1 in 31 should be perfect, and one in 6 (ish due to the perfect case) be missing Sp.Atk.
I'm clearly being screwed in RNG anyway with all of them being 'cup, but just something i think should be noted incase other people are getting it too.

Also, since getting the two 6/6's breeding with each other, every baby is either 5/6 or 6/6, which is heavily suggesting destiney knot doesn't override, but again, I can't prove it doesnt, but if i get a 4/6 ill let people know, and prove it does.

Okay, I realise this could just be RNG on me, but im breeding inkay's at the moment, but can't for a life of me get a contrary one with the right 5 IVs, but what i have bread is 4 perfect inkays, 6 IVs, but only 2 that are missing special attack (all 6 have suction cup).

Point is, im breeding far more perfects than ones just missing special attack, when in reality only 1 in 31 should be perfect, and one in 6 (ish due to the perfect case) be missing Sp.Atk.
I'm clearly being screwed in RNG anyway with all of them being 'cup, but just something i think should be noted incase other people are getting it too.

Also, since getting the two 6/6's breeding with each other, every baby is either 5/6 or 6/6, which is heavily suggesting destiney knot doesn't override, but again, I can't prove it doesnt, but if i get a 4/6 ill let people know, and prove it does.
This also seems to be happening to me. I was breeding a Modest Ralts holding an Everstone with another Ralts and all of the babies had Trace. I switched the Ralts for one with Synchronize and the first few eggs I hatch have Synchronize Ralts.

I want to use a perfect modest xerneas for uber battles, but this sring for one is killing me X(

Is this one good to keep?
Modest,

Also, is there a gen 6 trade forum already? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
As far as I know the only new Pokemon that got Rapid Spin is Avalugg, though Defog got a new change as it now removes hazards from both sides.

why no post on whishcash do we know at all what it got in this generation i want to run swampert but i cant get in in game

So is light clay in this game at all? I've just Thiefed 200 Goletts with Compoundeyes Nincada in my first spot and the item has not come up. Surely if it had a 5% drop rate I would have found it by now. Is there one hiding in a cave somewhere?

We also got MegaBlastoise for a spinner.

-- moves do not go through protect/etc. They only ignore accuracy/evasion.

I'm pretty sure that for pokes with two abilities, the ability of the offspring is weighted towards that of the mother (or non-ditto). Not guaranteed though, as my 31/31/31/x/31/31 Thick Fat Azumarill can attest.

Pokemon with a Base Stat Total of 670 or greater are not being brought into OU for XY, meaning that there's no assumption that Arceus will be Uber; it will be Uber. That rule extends to anything not within that BST range.
Then why are there 670+ BST mons being discussed in UT? When I make a thread for Arceus it gets deleted, when other do the same, it is perfectly fine.

Where is the justice? Am I going to get back my lost thread called Arceus (collective)?

Okay not exactly sure if this is the right place for this, but where did the trade / request thread go?

Iirc, it was either apart of this same thread or it was near it.. but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, can anybody help me out?

And also I apologize because I'm pretty sure this isn't the right place for this :/

Last edited:
Is the Torchic wondercard gender fixed as male?

EDIT: I've been resetting for 15 minutes now, all males still if it's not really fixed I'd be willing to reset the whole day LOL

Last edited:

Nelson Tangela

I need help with finding the right EV spread for this Xerneas. How many Def and Spd EVs does it really need?

Xerneas
Modest Nature
31/x/29/31/31/31

- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Geomancy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible to have perfect neutral or better coverage in only two moves now? There isn't a pokemon that exists that won't be hit for neutral or better by either a Ghost or Fighting move, am I correct?

Is there a limit on how many friends you can have in your safari list that's lower than the amount of friends you can have on your 3DS friend list? Because anyone more than the 21st person I added to my 3ds isn't showing on my safari list.

I need help with finding the right EV spread for this Xerneas. How many Def and Spd EVs does it really need?

Xerneas
Modest Nature
31/x/29/31/31/31

- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Geomancy
You can either max HP and SpA or HP and Def. Spe and SpD. Since you will most likely end up doing White Herb Geomancy, Spe becomes irrelevant (he will outspeed everything regardless). Max HP seems mandatory since he will be tanking a hit the turn he sets up, then you can either max SpA to abuse Geomanxy's +2 SpA or Def to avoid revenge kills from ExtremeSpeed.

Right now I'm trying to SR for nature and IVs for my Xerneas. I have a Modest Sync so nature isn't a problem. SpA and Spe are obvious 31 IVs. But I'm conflicted about the last stat. Should I go for 31 HP or 31 Def?

EDIT: Got this one now: 201/135/111/166/116/119

I think HP, Atk and Sp Atk are 31 IVs. Speed is 30 because my hidden power was Rock. Should I keep this one or will the 1 IV in Speed be significant enough to try again? :)

Xerneas - #716 (Modest) : 30 - 31 / 28 - 31 / 22 - 23 / 31 / 26 / 30
Taken from the Gen 6 IV calc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)