Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If I have a Scarfed Chandelure, is there anything that it fails to outspeed with Modest that it would be able to outspeed with Timid? Assume the opposing Pokemon has a Speed increasing nature and max investment, and Chandelure has max speed investment with either nature.

If I have a Scarfed Chandelure, is there anything that it fails to outspeed with Modest that it would be able to outspeed with Timid? Assume the opposing Pokemon has a Speed increasing nature and max investment, and Chandelure has max speed investment with either nature.
With a choice scarf equipped modest chandelure reaches 387 speed and with timid reaches 426 speed.

In OU;
You basically fail to outspeed Jolteon really.

As for other choice scarfers, mostly all you see are things like terrakion and garchomp which you cannot outspeed anyways, so modest is probably the better option.

The one thing I would say is that you are in the same speed category as dragonite, so if dragonite gets to +1 and you're using modest whilst they're using jolly you won't be able to outspeed. But if you have other means to tackle a +1 dragonite, then you lose nothing by going with modest.

In UU, i would run Timid, so you can outspeed adamant heracross and adamant krookodile than might both use choice scarves.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The things that come to mind are scarf Heatran and adamant scarf Exca (it exists), +1 jolly Dnite and Gyarados, and pretty much everything with base speed 70-80 at +1 with a beneficial nature.

Edit: gre'd.

Ok, what is a good counter to Special mega luke that isn't gyarados? something that can take a +2 specially based move off it and OHKO

Ok, what is a good counter to Special mega luke that isn't gyarados? something that can take a +2 specially based move off it and OHKO
There is no real definite counter to NP Mega Luke. Tentacruel can take lots of hits but is setup bait, and Lucario 2HKOes it at +4. Klefki can set up Light Screen and paralyze it, meaning it may very well be your best bet, but there's not much it can do other than die to provide a free switchin to a revenge killer afterwards. In terms of revenge killers, most Scarfers as well as Alakazam, Noivern, Greninja, and Talonflame can outspeed Mega Lucario. Talonflame is actually able to switch into Mega Lucario but takes 40-45% from an unboosted Aura Sphere, which makes it less desirable.

Also, since you don't know which Lucario it is (NP or SD), that just makes it a lot more dangerous and pretty darn impossible to counter.

Apparently special-defensive Zapdos and Moltres hard-counter special Lucario; they resist both Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon and can immediately threaten with a fire move or status. I believe, those are the only Pokémon, who can counter both physical and special variants at once.

As said before, countering Lucario is a gamble of itself because it can viably run physical, special, or mixed. Even with Zapdos and Moltres, you're slower, and you'll grow to hate Dark Pulse flinchax.

Well I suppose in general, Scald is better overall. I was just thinking about Rock Tomb to put on a team with other Scalders, and to use as support for sweepers. Thanks for the input though, I realize it's more situational.
I thought about running a similar move (Bulldoze I think) but remember that Unaware sort of negates the speed drop anyway, so it's not really useful. Quagsire can tank a non-banded Brave Bird anyway so Scald would serve you better, as would its high burn proc even on things that resist it.

EDIT: I'm dumb and ashamed as a Quagsire user myself for not understanding Unaware mechanics. In any case, like AOPSUser pointed out, given that Base 35 Spe you won't really outspeed anything even after the Rock Tomb. For some Trick Room insurance I run him at 0 Spe IVs, Relaxed anyway. Sorry for the misguided/partially untrue info.

Last edited:
I thought about running a similar move (Bulldoze I think) but remember that Unaware sort of negates the speed drop anyway, so it's not really useful. Quagsire can tank a non-banded Brave Bird anyway so Scald would serve you better, as would its high burn proc even on things that resist it.
Unaware doesn't affect Speed, but Scald does enough to Talonflame and Mega Pinsir anyways, and the Burn chance is much better than the Speed drop, especially given Quagsire's Speed.

I have a jolly infiltrator crobat that I use as my lead. He has defog, brave bird, taunt as moves. Is it more viable to use u-turn or hypnosis in the last spot?

Doesn't it get Gyro ball yet? With a brave nature you can get higher damage than Iron Head, and it's not like this mon is made for flinching either.
Iron Head still hits Jolly CB Terrakion harder than Gyro Ball. Aegislash is just way too fast to use Gyro Ball.

I just realized my perfect 5 IV pokemon wasn't EV trained all the way (gave it 10 proteins and 10 carbos) before I started battling the elite 4. It's at lvl 26, so when I use the Reset Bag on it, will it still reach it's max potential as if I had never messed up even though it's lvl 25?

I just realized my perfect 5 IV pokemon wasn't EV trained all the way (gave it 10 proteins and 10 carbos) before I started battling the elite 4. It's at lvl 26, so when I use the Reset Bag on it, will it still reach it's max potential as if I had never messed up even though it's lvl 25?
Yes, Reset Bag removes all EVs completely

Benghazi

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
When PokeBank is released, will pokemon like Toxicroak and Ninetales with ice punch/ pain split respectively be allowed for transfer?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I read somewhere that the critical hit ratios have been changed in such a way that, after using Focus Energy while holding Scope Lens, the chance of a crit becomes 100%. Is this true, or is this only possible with Pokemon Amie boosts?

I read somewhere that the critical hit ratios have been changed in such a way that, after using Focus Energy while holding Scope Lens, the chance of a crit becomes 100%. Is this true, or is this only possible with Pokemon Amie boosts?
This is true.

New crit mechanics in Gen VI are as follows:

Stage 1 Crit (Default stage) = 6.25%
Stage 2 Crit (+1) = 12.5%
Stage 3 Crit (+2, i.e. Focus Energy) = 50%
Stage 4 Crit (+3, i.e. Focus Energy + Scope Lens) = 100%

Yes, Scope Lens and Focus Energy means a 100% chance of a critical hit.

Focus Energy is +2 stages. Scope Lens is +1 stage. Any Pokemon that has achieved +3 or more stages achieves a 100% critical hit ratio.

It is worth noting though that critical hits are now 1.5x as opposed to 2x damage.

I'd like to know other people's opinion on this matter. I've been playing random matches on wi-fi and so far, it's been enjoyable, since the number of unexperienced players and uber users has been considerably low. I just see a Xerneas or Mewtwo every now and then, I can't say it's bothersome.

But with pokebank out in less than two weeks, I'm afraid the number of Ubers on wi-fi random matches will increase drastically, since many people will be transfering their Rayquazas, etc which could potentially decrease the number of fair, interesting battles, thus ruining the experience. I can't see why Nintendo didn't lock legendaries like they did last generation.

What do you think? Are my fears well-founded?

I'd like to know other people's opinion on this matter. I've been playing random matches on wi-fi and so far, it's been enjoyable, since the number of unexperienced players and uber users has been considerably low. I just see a Xerneas or Mewtwo every now and then, I can't say it's bothersome.

But with pokebank out in less than two weeks, I'm afraid the number of Ubers on wi-fi random matches will increase drastically, since many people will be transfering their Rayquazas, etc which could potentially decrease the number of fair, interesting battles, thus ruining the experience. I can't see why Nintendo didn't lock legendaries like they did last generation.

What do you think? Are my fears well-founded?
Depends on where you're battling. If you're playing free matches on the BS, anything goes, even legendaries. If you want to play with restricted mons, go play Ranked BS matches.

If you're playing friends/acquaintances/passerbys, then you can set the restrictions.

Is using Worry Seed on Regigigas a viable strategy for doubles? I read that Worry Seed won't work on Truant, but didn't see anything about Slow Start.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is using Worry Seed on Regigigas a viable strategy for doubles? I read that Worry Seed won't work on Truant, but didn't see anything about Slow Start.
Not really. Regigigas is a very bad mon, even without Slow Start. Mono Normal-typing isn't very good, and it doesn't really have any redeeming features that make it stand out compared to other mons.

Hi there! I have a question. I know that there are moves that pokemon are only able to learn through B2/W2 move tutors, therefore my question is this: Is it possible to transfer pokemon from Pokemon X/Y to B2/W2, so as to learn the moves there? And then transfer back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)