ORAS Doubles OU Organization XIII

Hello! This is going to be my first oras rmt and I'm looking forward to it! Now when oras came out I really wasn't excited for all these new mega's as i was enjoying xy as it was, but now that I've seen it I enjoy every part of it except mega mence which should be banned. Anyways this team is nicknamed after Organization XIII from the Kingdom Hearts series (a great game series imo). Now enough of me talking, here's the team:

Organization XIII

Axel
(The Flurry of Dancing Flames)

"My show now! Who am I? Oh, my name's Axel.
Got it memorized?
"
—Axel

Axel (Rotom-Heat) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

The first member of the team, this guy excels at hurting unprepared teams. Overheat hits hard with thunderbolt to take out water types, and will-o-wisp support to cripple physical attackers. Protect for obvious reasons. I choose this guy because bulky steels like ferrothorn and escavalier really hurt my team, as well as water types like gyarados. In one tiny little red package this mon will check both of them as well as pose a threat to any physical attacker on the other team. Also he provides an eq spam partner for excadrill which is really handy. Now another thing, going hand in hand with the eq partner bit, is that he fulfills the role of a fire type and electric type, with out adding another ground weakness to this team, which is a big weak point for it.

Xaldin
(The Whirlwind Lancer)

"Feed your anger! Only anger will keep you strong."
—Xaldin

Xaldin (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 222 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

The premier sweeper on every sand team, excadrill! Other then loving his design, I love what this thing does in the current metaa, taking out diancie, metagross, and other top tier threats, including things like zard y and heatran. Now I'm not sure exactly what the ev spread does, and i forgot who told me to use it, but it seems to work very well. Exca doesn't need a lot of speed to outspeed relevant threats in the sand, and attack is maximized for maximum damage output. Life Orb is also utilized for this purpose. The moveset is pretty self explanatory, I experimented with drill run > rock slide for a bit but didn't think it was worth it seeing as wide guard seems to be becoming less popular. Rock slide was also very valuable to hit elusive flying types I can't decimate with earthquake.

Lexaeus
(The Taciturn Stalwart)

"I will not yield to the frail heart of an infantile coward!"
—Lexaeus

Lexaeus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Now I've seen special tyranitar sets before, so I know I'm not blazing any trails, but I quite like this set. The EV's are of my own making, and pretty simplistic. The SpA allows tyranitar to secure a guaranteed OHKO on mega mence and guaranteed OHKO on non-assault vest escavalier. Also gives you a 50% chance to OHKO 252 HP ferrothorns. Assault vest is probably my favorite item on tyranitar and improves its longevity by quite a bit. Minimum speed to help deal with TR, since tyranitar isn't gonna be outspeeding anything, and quiet nature to boost the power of ice beam and fire blast. Now I ran some calcs and crunch with a negative nature and no investments is about as powerful as a 252+ dark pulse, so i decided to run enough spA to OHKO mence and then dump the rest into Atk for more power behind stone edge and crunch. These two STABs are really valuable in the tier right now as flying types are pretty popular as well as psychic/ghost types.

Xemnas
(The Superior of the In-Between)

"I'm carrying on what you yourself began, and I'm creating a brand new world."
—Xemnas

Xemnas (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

That's right, you're not going blind, this actually is a non-mega salamence. Scarf Salamence is great in the current meta, doing lots of damage to whatever crosses its path. Draco Meteor is a great tool for dealing with other dragons (especially mega salamence) who expect you to protect/sub/DD for the mega boost. Hydro Pump is another great asset, hitting heatran for lots of damage, rotom-h, rhyperior, scarf landorus, and lots of others. Fire Blast serves as another great coverage Move, taking out mons like ferrothorn, escavalier, and scizor, as well as most steel types who think they have a free switch in on a salamence. Tailwind is there for taking this team and boosting its speed so the other members and this one can outpace some threats and kill, as well as deal with rain easier. Intimidate is a great ability in general and is well appreciated to reduce the amount of physical damage this team will take. He also adds another ground immunity which is great for the team as a whole.

Zexion
(The Cloaked Schemer)

"Then I shall make you see... That your hopes are nothing. Nothing but a mere illusion!"
—Zexion

Zexion (Latias) (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind/Tailwind

Mega Latias is probably my favorite new mega out of the bunch. It's already been proven that mega latios is awful but mega latias is quite good in my opinion. The EV's are courtesy of KyleCole and give him bulk/power while still retaining his speed, which is crucial in this meta. Draco Meteor and psyshock for obvious reasons, and roost for recovery since this thing is so bulky. For the last spot, I've used both calm mind and tailwind to success but usually end up preferring tailwind. I think calm mind is more suited to the ladder while tailwind works better against people who know what they're doing. Another ground immunity helps this team a lot, while still supporting with tailwind and hurting rain quite a bit by setting tw up on it, and not taking much damage from anything they through at her. Roost is my favorite move on mega latias because I've been able to make it last whole games due to the recovery factor. It can also come in and take hits easier without having to worry about being chipped down. CM latias was inspired by Lzrgunpewpew credits to him o/

Saïx
(The Luna Diviner)

"True, we don't have hearts, but we remember what it was like. That's what makes us special."
—Saïx

Saïx (Jirachi) @ Metal Coat
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 8 HP / 140 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Yes you see correctly, you're not going blind, it actually is a doom desire jirachi. This set won next best thing and is courtesy of srk1214. I deviated from the set a little with tr to help counter tr or set it in rare cases where it will help me. EV's outspeed base 70 and live sucker punch + fake out from kang as well as sucker from mawile. All credits for the set again go to srk and if you want to see that in detail check out page 8 of the next best thing thread. Now Doom Desire hits outrageously hard with max spA and metal coat, but it also has strategic value. The opponent can't tell which of his slots is going to be blasted with a doom desire in a couple turns, it forces switches at inopportune times for the opponent and hits through protect. Psychic for STAB coverage and getting damage on fighting types and amoonguss.

So there you have it! Now I know you think this team doesn't look too impressive but I have used it to quite a bit of success against good players. Interestingly enough doom desire throws off a lot of people as well as the momentum sand + tailwind builds for my team. Usually you're gonna want to get the opposing team on the defensive as soon as possible and keep them there. Also, doom desire doesn't stack ;_;

Axel (Rotom-Heat) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Xaldin (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Lexaeus (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Xemnas (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Zexion (Latias) (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Saïx (Jirachi) @ Metal Coat
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 8 HP / 140 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

No fancy formatting because w/e

Last edited:

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
two quick changes

take 28 out of hp and put into spdef for exca so you have a life orb number

use 200 hp / 84 spa / 224 speed for your rotom spread, breloom looks like it has a really fun time with this team the second lati gets off the field so this spread outspeeds jolly loomers and survives adamant lando-t stone edge.

can't say much else because i lose most of the time i play this team :[

lame kh name (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 28 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

lame kh name (Rotom-Heat) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 200 HP / 84 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

edit: also i dont care if you have a theme, ttar has to be named darude

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Switch Psyshock to Psychic on Latias since unlike Psyshock it always KO's standard Keldeo, which beats 4/6 members of your team.

Calcs for reference: 112+ SpA Mega Latias Psychic vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 338-402 (102.7 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO compared to 112+ SpA Mega Latias Psyshock vs. 24 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 302-356 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

It also hits standard Amoonguss and shit harder. I'd also recommend switching to 240 Spe / 124 Spa Timid w/ the CM set on Latias, since max modest is a irrelevant speed tier (what exactly are you aiming to outrun?) and Tailwind Mence, Trick Room Jirachi, and a Sand Offense base is enough speed control. Either that or opt out of double Tailwind, and go Stone Edge on Mence to beat Charizard / Talonflame.

Also if you're running min-speed Tyranitar try out Assurance > Crunch since it hits harder. Could even try out Pursuit to switch in Ttar against opposing whether and punish the switches you'll get, though its less common and a lot more prediction reliant, it could be cool. Assurance is p cool because stuff like this: 160 Atk Tyranitar Assurance vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Politoed: 163-193 (42.4 - 50.2%) -- 38.7% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage vs 160 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Politoed: 109-129 (28.3 - 33.5%) -- 96.7% chance to 3HKO after sandstorm damage is significant

Also might try out Mowtom > Oven since bog standard rains with Pert + Colo really hurt this team in its current form, and double status Mowtom can put them in their place. Though your bulky steel matchup would be a bit worse off, repeating that you got 2 Fire Blast users, and Exca hurts non-Esca/Scizor steels a shit ton. But overall, cool team fren.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)