OU CCAT - Round 7 - Revision

Guys it does not matter if you wrote sub or not, it is kyurem-b either way.

But from now on write Roost Kyurem-B
I don't think you understand their concern, namely that Kyurem-B having roost instead of sub affects their voting (which is pretty strange to begin with - don't you look at the sets before you vote for them? If that is the case, why are you even here? Don't give me shitty reasons like 'everyone know what 'sub+3atk kyurem-b' means' because you really don't - he can have dragon claw or outrage, all sorts of EVs and natures, dragon tail and so forth).

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Apologies to everyone for writing Sub instead of Roost, my mistake. If you want to change your vote with this knowledge in mind, please go ahead and change it.

I don't think you understand their concern, namely that Kyurem-B having roost instead of sub affects their voting (which is pretty strange to begin with - don't you look at the sets before you vote for them? If that is the case, why are you even here? Don't give me shitty reasons like 'everyone know what 'sub+3atk kyurem-b' means' because you really don't - he can have dragon claw or outrage, all sorts of EVs and natures, dragon tail and so forth).
Not only should you be looking back at the set that was posted to make sure you want to vote for it, but we do that ourselves and put all the full sets in a pastebin that we link in the voting post, which everyone should really look at before voting. Please refrain from being rude.

Why does it even matter wether it is actually Sub or Roost Kyurem-B, since its role as wall breaker doesn't change much between these two moves. Such details can be easily edit once we have our 6 members. I always thought it was more important to vote for Pokemon you want on the team rather than the specific set. I voted for Jellicent, although I neither like the EV spread nor the move set, because I want an Jellicent on the team. When you build teams by yourself, do give every member a final set before you know the rest of the team? I determine my vote on the overall synergy and the potential a Pokemon can bring to the team rather than likeing the suggested set.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just in case there is confusion...

At the conclusion of the CCAT (ie when we have 6 pokemon), we undergo a testing phase, where we TEST the team. During this period, any set changes can be made and so on, until we have a final finished product that works on the ladder. So basically, we can "polish" the team such as giving Cube Roost over Substitute or vice versa.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voting has ended, and the winner is: Specially Defensive Rotom-W!

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Round 4 Submissions begin!

Rules / Reminders:
  • Submissions end 3 days from now at 8:00 PM GMT -5.
  • There are no more slashes on Pokemon sets. Different slashes can take a team in different directions.
  • You will be unable to change the submission in anyway after the deadline until the revision rounds. So if there are any suggested changes for your set (moves, EV's, etc.) do it before the submission deadline!
  • Refer back to the OP for the main rules, format, and reminders.
  • When you submit your set, think about how it contributes to the function of the team. Also think about what direction you believe the team should go, and reflect that in the submitted set.
  • Don't just let submissions be the only contribution to this round!
  • The team is now in the OP. Sets are on the bottom of the OP.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Right, so I'm liking our team a lot. However, apart from Landorus-T at +2, I feel we really are lacking in Speed. I think nearly every team needs a revenge killer or a Choice Scarf Pokemon. I'm thinking Breloom could cause us trouble at +2, and Spore is annoying as hell. I'm also seeing a huge Sun weakness. Venusaur in the sun can demolish everything on our team at the moment. So, we need a good revenge killer and somthing to help with Sun teams...

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf

Scarf Latios! Scarf Latios provides us with a nice switch into Breloom's Spore, as well as doing fairly nicely vs. Sun. It beats Ninetales, Modest Venusaur, and in general stops us from being swept by a lot of threats. Scarf Latios is the fastest Pokemon you're going to find in this tier, apart from like Timid Venusaur. So Scarf Latios shares great synergy with most of the team mates. It can take Fire and Ground type attacks aimed at Jirachi, it can take Grass type attacks aimed at Rotom-W, and it can take Water type attacks aimed at Landorus-T. What I'm liking a lot about this set is that it makes your opponent revenge kill Latios with Scizor or Tyranitar, creating an opening for Landorus-T to set up. I originally had Trick > Sleep Talk, but since I don't think this team is going to have any trouble vs. stall I think Sleep Talk offers more utility in this metagame. Scarf Latios also provides us with a second check to Rain boosted attacks, which is kinda needed in BW2 OU.

Max speed to get the jump on Modest Venusaur and Scarf Keldeo. Sleep Talk to become Sleep fodder when vs. Breloom. Draco Metoer is STAB and is hitting everything bar steel types and Tyranitar hard. Psyshock is STAB and keeps Fighting types like Terrakion and Keldeo at bay, while Surf offers nice general coverage in this metagame.

So yeah, Scarf Latios. Tell me what you guys think.

Last edited:

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 Spd / 200 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Roost

I don't know what you want me to tell you. It's Scizor. I think it's nice having two set-up pokemons and avoiding a voltturn team. Scizor isn't the most creative of pokemon, but the set isn't the standard CB one.

Landorus-T DB / Mixed Jirachi / SpD Rotom-W

Here my submission;

**** Nácar @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

• I think that Dragonite and especially this version: Choice Band is the best option so far for this team at this point. This set helps against Sunny teams and another secondary decent check to rain teams along with Rotom-W, also helps against some dangerous threats for this team like Breloom or Volcarona while keeps an exceptional sinergy with the rest of the team: defensive and offensive; Choice Band allows Dragonite to be a incredible wallbreaker and down walls for Landorus-T sweep in a late game while also Jirachi can lure some of the best checks of Dragonite: Hippowdon, Skarmory or Landorus-T between others. Fire Punch helps against Ferrothorn which can be annoying for this team and in overall other steels, while that Outrage open holes on the opposite team. Finally extreme is a great addition to kill some mons after a decent damage: Keldeo, Volcarona or Thundurus-T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)