ORAS OU OU Charizard Y Hyper Offence

So this team started out as a Mega Metagross team. But I had this huge ass weakness to Ferrothorn, so I decided to switch him out for Charizard Y.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Keldeo is one of the better mons in my opinion. There's an awful lot he can revenge kill, but he can also just deal some nice damage out to the rest of the team. Icy Wind for those pesky grass types. I've been wondering if I should replace one of the water attacks for something else.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

God, I love this little guy. He does so much, even to mons that is resistant to grass typing. Giga Drain for sustainability, as there were a few games that my life orb killed me off, after I had 4x SpA. There was just no need to keep spamming Leaf Storm. HP fire for the ice and grass types, but also steel types. Dragon pulse is used for dragon types mainly, but mons I know it can kill where the grass attacks couldn't due to resistance.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

My favourite pokemon, Charizard. I usually go down the route of Charizard X, but then that leaves a bigger weakness to ground type - and the main reason I switched my megas was to be able to fend off Ferrothorn, which I can't do as well if I'm making contact with his barbs/helmet.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

I never rated scarf Lando-T before I tried it on this team. He's a good little mon, but I saw myself only really using any attack outside of knock off/u-turn. But that's the thing, he can be used as a pivot, and then come right back again, switching him for someone else.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Ahh, Raikou - the entire reason I made a new team. I love this guy so freaking much, he's awesome. The amount of Lando's that get caught off-guard with a HP ice. I've only met one that EQ'd me straight up with a scarf. If they don't have a ground type, then volt switch can bring him out for someone else. It makes for a great pairing with Scarfed-Lando.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Psychic

I tried every single spinner and defogger before trying Mew. Last but not least, that's for sure. I switched out Toxic for heal bell, as I was suffering with statuses quite a bit. It's awesome when she pivots into a toxic, making the foe become poisoned, and then using heal bell to cure myself.

So I've been getting mixed results with this team, but I feel that's my ability rather than my team.

Hello, Stonerzard. This team is pretty good, but certain wallbreakers have an easy time breaking through it. First and foremost is Specs Volcanion, and unfortuately none of you teammates can switch in to it. I know that this is an HO, but it's still a good idea to have a switch-in, because Volcanion is so common. Thus, I recommend replacing Mew with Latias as your Defogger, because she doesn't get 2HKOed by Steam Eruption (unlike Latios). You just need to watch out for Pursuit users. However, this doesn't solve your problem with Gengar, which can apply lots of pressure to your team. You can either replace Choice Specs with Assault Vest on Raikou or replace Raikou with Scarfed Tyranitar, who is a better Talonflame check and can Pursuit trap Gengar but doesn't have a momentum-gaining move. Tyranitar may have a shitty matchup with Water-types, but you would already have Latias and Charizard Y.

tl;dr
Latias > Mew
AV Raikou or Scarfed Tyranitar > Specs Raikou

Hope this helps!

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hello, Stonerzard. This team is pretty good, but certain wallbreakers have an easy time breaking through it. First and foremost is Specs Volcanion, and unfortuately none of you teammates can switch in to it. I know that this is an HO, but it's still a good idea to have a switch-in, because Volcanion is so common. Thus, I recommend replacing Mew with Latias as your Defogger, because she doesn't get 2HKOed by Steam Eruption (unlike Latios). You just need to watch out for Pursuit users. However, this doesn't solve your problem with Gengar, which can apply lots of pressure to your team. You can either replace Choice Specs with Assault Vest on Raikou or replace Raikou with Scarfed Tyranitar, who is a better Talonflame check and can Pursuit trap Gengar but doesn't have a momentum-gaining move. Tyranitar may have a shitty matchup with Water-types, but you would already have Latias and Charizard Y.

tl;dr
Latias > Mew
AV Raikou or Scarfed Tyranitar > Specs Raikou

Hope this helps!
Hi, tbh I think you're giving Volcanion too much credit. It is kinda rare nowadays since the hype of "new powerful legend" is already gone (It is #43 according to usage stats of mid ladder) and it can be easily rkilled/scared out by Lando, who also carries U-Turn which gives you extra momentum after Volc gets a kill, let's say you sacked something. Scarf Tyranitar is something I definitely see helping the team against Gengar whose Speed tier+power can be threatening, although double Scarfer could be bad, maybe Chople Ttar who also helps with Mega-Zam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)