OU Cores in the BW2 Metagame

Ok, I'll be the one to say it: that core sucks.

Off the top of my head, Landorus, Banded Terrakion, and Modest/Nasty Plot Thundurus-T can all wreck your core. Hell, even LO Starmie can 2HKO (at worst) all of those Pokémon. In fact, there are so many holes with this core, I have to wonder if you've actually even tested it, or if you are simply theorymoning.

I would be nicer about the whole situation if you weren't being stubborn and telling all the people pointing out flaws in the core that they're wrong without really giving reasons (that don't suck) for your decisions. Let's go through a couple:

1. Espeon is too frail to be setting up Screens without some HP investment.

2. Lucario has no business being mixed, as his stats aren't nearly high enough to NOT have them fully invested in. He also requires a boosting move in order to be effective at all. Non-boosted Lucario sucks. If it didn't, people would use Scarf Lucario, but they don't.

3. Lucario and Espeon might resist each other's weaknesses (somewhat, as Espeon doesn't resist Fire or Ground and Lucario doesn't resist Bug or Ghost...) but they're both too frail to be considered for absorbing attacks of any kind.

4. The only dark move used in OU is Pursuit (and sometimes Crunch), which means you can't "just switch into Lucario and get the boost" because you can't switch in at all. Use Baton Pass.

5. Mixed "Wall" Dragonite is useless. There's no reason to use Flamethrower on a defensive set because it isn't "walled" by anything. It has Dragon Tail for that. Just put on Thunder Wave.

Seriously, don't be rude to people who are trying to help you. I have no problem telling you off if you are.
THANK YOU Halcyon of Light!!! I wanted to say that so bad!

@Equator Gliscor is dealt with by Hydreigon. (Draco Meteor OHKOs all).

If he were to get rid of Espeon and swap for Hydreigon, this would make a great offensive core (Hydreigon wallbreaks, Lucario cleans up late game).

Also Lucario with ESpeed, Crunch/Dark Pulse, CC, and Ice Punch makes no frickin sense.
Lucario need power. SD is required. And Lucario is a LATE GAME SWEEPER. That means for Lucario to do its purpose, Gliscor must be severely weakened or dead.

The most common scarfers are Keldeo, Terrakion, and Latios. +2 Bpunch OHKOs Terrakion, while +2 ESPeed cant because Terrak resists Normal. Bpunch is solely for ScarfTerrakion. Espeed revenges Keldeo and Latios at +2.

Landorus is beating you period. Earth Power/Earthquake OHKOs. It is also faster than you.

No one i repeatNO ONE runs neutral natured base 100s. Even Volcarona can't afford it.

@Dablackchuggaconroy

:evan:

Starmie outspeeds everything on your team.

Like Halcyon's argument Scizor U-turns, Starmie OHKOs Dnite with Ice Beam.

Lucario is too slow. Starmie will outspeed (115>90) and OHKO with Hydro Pump. So really, you should be switching out. Thats not an OHKO, thats called losing momentum.

Espeon needs HP investment for dual screens. Otherwise its not bulky enough. How about Cresselia? Shes got Levitate, great for Lucario (immune to ground) AMAZING BULK, and decent speed? She can set up screens with ease. and she can survive a Pursuit as well.

Sorry for my rant.

Btw u also have to but in effect reflect/light screen before calculating damage
Yeah, when were you planning on doing that. You gonna reflect on Scizor?

252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Espeon through Reflect: 285-336 (105.16 - 123.98%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yea, Espeon is dead anyways, Reflect or no Reflect. Too frail.
And that's what it boils down to. Your core might resist each others weaknesses, but they'll still get wrecked by any powerful Pokemon, because apart from Dragonite your core is pathetically frail. Hell, you even say it yourself!
Dablackchuggaaconroy said:
Honestly, do u really think espeon is gonna live long?
Also...
Ok no core is perfect and sure im gonna have come flaws but thats r wat teamates r for. If i add say, roton wash toy team, my problems r solved. 3 pokemon dont make up ur whole team
After reading this, i don't actually think you're paying attention to what Halycon of Light is saying. Rotom-W doesn't beat Terrakion, Scizor, Thundy-T, or Ferrothorn, and has to rely on Focus Blast missing from Landorus-I to take it on.
Ok shut up.i didnt come here to be criticized. The point of this forum is not to talk about how bad the core is. Its to help the person make a more effective so saying things like "this core sucks" is not approppiate. I think u should apologize rite now
Dude, this is a competitive pokemon forum. If you show up here with a half-assed core, claiming that its great, we will correct you. People started off with polite, constructive posts, you told them to go stuff themselves. Now you're mad that no one is being polite? Tough. Consider that we may actually have something worth listening to next time.

Hydre is too slow, both loose to scarf terrakion so bad defensive synergy
I KNOW Hydra is OHKOed by Scarf Terrakion. BUT +2 BULLET PUNCH OHKOs SCARF TERRAKION.

Hydra is to wallbreak.

Your main issues, Jellicent and Slowbro, are blasted apart by the three headed monster (Dark Pulse). Gliscor dies to Draco Meteor.

Thus you do not need Ice Punch on Lucario or Dark Pulse either. Because Hydreigon breaks past both of them with the apropriate move.

252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 403-476 (113.84 - 134.46%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 220+ SpD Jellicent: 260-307 (64.35 - 75.99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Slowbro: 291-346 (73.85 - 87.81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

See? Hydreigon 2HKOs and OHKOs Lucario's main issues.

Now

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Scarf Terrakion: 361-429 (111.41 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

See? Now you can BEAT Terrakion, Jellicent, and Slowbro rather easily.

EDIT Wait u wanna talk about defensive synergy? Do us all a favor and GET RID of Espeon. Lucario and Dnite already synergize pretty well. But Lucario+Latios is even better. Scarf Latios' extra speed is ever so helpful, allowing it to beat al scarfed mons up to Scarf itself and upward. 110 speed allows it to beat the Muskeeterrs, Thundy-T, Lando I, and Garchomp unboosted (or at +1).

Look kid, dont get smart with me. I am not in the mood. This core is good to me. Screw what yall little kids say. I dont need ur approval of it plus ive only lost 2 out of 10 matches with this core so take that people
...Out of curiosity, if you don't want to change the core, then why post it in a place where people will try and critique and improve it?

Look kid, dont get smart with me. I am not in the mood. This core is good to me. Screw what yall little kids say. I dont need ur approval of it plus ive only lost 2 out of 10 matches with this core so take that people
You call us kids, and yet you are the one who is utilizing bad spelling. You also apparently dont know how to use the following: a comma, a semi-colon, a colon. Anyways the reason why we bash you is that you bashed us. Trust me most people here are extremely nice, but when you insult us excuse us if we get a little bit defensive. Your core can be perfectly good if you actually take the advice that we offered to you; But you didn't so please do not bash people if you yourself do not wish to be bashed.

Ok this thread pretty much got ruined by the user "Dablackchuggaaconroy" due to slight retardation and lack of reasoning which caused this thread to be really friggin stupid so I might just try to end it all by showing off an actually good core for discussion (sorta, of course it does have flaws but if you read my RMT, you see how it irons out)

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

While this core obviously isn't meant to sweep or clean up even though it has a Scarfer and a Weavile, it is a potent offensive utility core. The idea is that this combination can really work against the top level playstyles nowadays and is pretty much exists in order to give yourself a better team matchup while clearly eliminating specific threats. Weavile is a good revenge killer against dragons which is pretty much a win vs poorly-made dragmag teams and works really well vs the standard Sand Offense now. Gothitelle revenges Mamoswine while trapping and eliminating Skarmory, while also giving trick support for weavile to pursuit trap. imo the glory of this core is how well it handles the KelTarLando thing nowadays. You can just trap Keldeo with Gothitelle (especially with sun like how i do it) and wreck the core with Weavile. Weavile+Gothitelle is a really fun offensive duo as it can Trap pretty much every relevant wall or anti-metagame mon so your main pokemon can sweep properly. I used this in my RMT "Gee" which uses this core to let RP Landorus sweep while winning the weather war with Ninetales and cleaning up with Acrobatics Jumpluff. It can also be used on Hyper offense to help the likes of Breloom and such. Overall great offensive utility core and is a strong glue to most offensive teams. Of course it does have a fair share of problems (CBZor) but Gothitelle's moveset can be tweaked. Even so, the core is not meant to sweep through teams it is meant to be offensive utiltiy.

Ok this thread pretty much got ruined by the user "Dablackchuggaaconroy" due to slight retardation and lack of reasoning which caused this thread to be really friggin stupid so I might just try to end it all by showing off an actually good core for discussion (sorta, of course it does have flaws but if you read my RMT, you see how it irons out)

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

While this core obviously isn't meant to sweep or clean up even though it has a Scarfer and a Weavile, it is a potent offensive utility core. The idea is that this combination can really work against the top level playstyles nowadays and is pretty much exists in order to give yourself a better team matchup while clearly eliminating specific threats. Weavile is a good revenge killer against dragons which is pretty much a win vs poorly-made dragmag teams and works really well vs the standard Sand Offense now. Gothitelle revenges Mamoswine while trapping and eliminating Skarmory, while also giving trick support for weavile to pursuit trap. imo the glory of this core is how well it handles the KelTarLando thing nowadays. You can just trap Keldeo with Gothitelle (especially with sun like how i do it) and wreck the core with Weavile. Weavile+Gothitelle is a really fun offensive duo as it can Trap pretty much every relevant wall or anti-metagame mon so your main pokemon can sweep properly. I used this in my RMT "Gee" which uses this core to let RP Landorus sweep while winning the weather war with Ninetales and cleaning up with Acrobatics Jumpluff. It can also be used on Hyper offense to help the likes of Breloom and such. Overall great offensive utility core and is a strong glue to most offensive teams. Of course it does have a fair share of problems (CBZor) but Gothitelle's moveset can be tweaked. Even so, the core is not meant to sweep through teams it is meant to be offensive utiltiy.
This core is great! I have no qualms with this core AT ALL.

Core Ive been working on

Landorus @ Life Orb
Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Sheer Force
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Rock Polish

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Pressure
-Ice Shard
-Ice Punch
-Pursuit
-Low Kick

Ok this core is a more offensive variant of yours.

Weavile breaks down this particular variant of Landorus's counters.

Landorus can then easily set up an RP, and sweep.

Weavile was originally a Mamoswine, but Weavile can Pursuit trap, which is a plus.
Weavile can also do this

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 387-458 (106.9 - 126.51%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Guarantee the slaughter of Lando's top offensive check, Mamoswine.

Bell (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gyro Ball

Trex (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Now this core is based around tyranitar tearing apart the foe's team, as bronzong beats a few of its counters. Landorus-t and gliscor often wall tyranitar all day, while offensive threats like garchomp and landorus-I can tank an attack and setup on it. Bronzong has the ability to wall all of the previously mentioned pokemon and either deal a ton of damage with HP ice or set up Stealth rock. Once those threats are gone, CB tyranitar will have few problems to face. Unfortunatly, water and fighting types are a real threat to this core. This problem can be solved with a teammate, but the correct one is needed. Any suggestions to improve this core and find the third member?

Bell (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gyro Ball

Trex (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Now this core is based around tyranitar tearing apart the foe's team, as bronzong beats a few of its counters. Landorus-t and gliscor often wall tyranitar all day, while offensive threats like garchomp and landorus-I can tank an attack and setup on it. Bronzong has the ability to wall all of the previously mentioned pokemon and either deal a ton of damage with HP ice or set up Stealth rock. Once those threats are gone, CB tyranitar will have few problems to face. Unfortunatly, water and fighting types are a real threat to this core. This problem can be solved with a teammate, but the correct one is needed. Any suggestions to improve this core and find the third member?
Jellicent

Immune to Water (with Water Absorb) and Fighting. Use the Special Wall set.

252 HP/36 Def/220 SpD

Taunt
Scald
Recover
Ice Beam

This is what I usually use for a Jellicent, but my favorite Jelly set is UTILITY COUNTER WOO HOO!

Should've known. Thanks for the tip.
Anytime my friend.

Mind if i ask, how do i post images. Every time i try to, it never works, it always looks like that square box thing.

EDIT:

Another core I've tested on a team and it works well!

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly
-Spore
-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch
-Low Sweep

Thundurus-Therian @ Expert Belt
Hasty
EVs: 4 Attack/252 SpA/252 Spe
IVs 30 attack (stupid HP Ice)
-Thunderbolt
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Hidden Power Ice

Ok mixed Thundurus is a great wallbreaker. And we all know Thundy-T's counters are basically Gastrodon, and Pink blobs.

Well Breloom smashes them.

This core seems slow, but it has surprising speed.

Breloom's Low Sweep 2HKOs Latios and Starmie, common switch ins to the mushroom. Now they can no longer check Breloom as next turn they will be KOed.

Ferrothhorn is already severely hurt by Thundurus's Superpower, but it will cower in fear from Breloom.

Even Celebi isn't truly safe, as she is hurt bad by U-Turn (252 Atk Expert Belt Thundurus-T U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 276-328 (62.87 - 74.75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO), where Breloom can Mach Punch it and KO it.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Anytime my friend.

Mind if i ask, how do i post images. Every time i try to, it never works, it always looks like that square box thing.
Do you see that "insert image" icon on the bar above? Paste the url of your image into it and ta-da. You could also manually type in

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
O.k, I had to delete something like 30 posts in this thread, and that is fucking unacceptable. This has to stop

Firstly, stop with the one line posts, they add nothing to discussion and set a bad example for other posters to follow. Worse still, they don't actually HELP someone improve. For example, a 1 line post saying "Hurr Durr ur core is Scizor weak xDDDDDDDDDD" doesn't actually help me, instead, mention WHY the core is Scizor weak, and how might I go about fixing this. Remember, all cores will have problems of some sort or another, I don't really give a shit if you found a weakness, at least discuss the cores, how you go about breaking them, strategies, defences against core breakers etc etc. I shouldn't need to spell out what needs to be done so please take this to heart please.

Secondly, don't insult other users. There was an instance of a newer user posting terribly and serveral users took it upon yourselves to directly abuse him. This is hardly the behaviour I expect and several of you are lucky to have avoided infractions yourselves. If someone is new, please endeavour to help them (some of you did this so props), if they are breaking the rules, feel free to contact a member of the OU staff (someone did, and well done to them). What you do not do is directly have a go, as it only inflames the issue.

Anytime my friend.

EDIT:

Another core I've tested on a team and it works well!

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly
-Spore
-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch
-Low Sweep

Thundurus-Therian @ Expert Belt
Hasty
EVs: 4 Attack/252 SpA/252 Spe
IVs 30 attack (stupid HP Ice)
-Thunderbolt
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Hidden Power Ice

Ok mixed Thundurus is a great wallbreaker. And we all know Thundy-T's counters are basically Gastrodon, and Pink blobs.

Well Breloom smashes them.

This core seems slow, but it has surprising speed.

Breloom's Low Sweep 2HKOs Latios and Starmie, common switch ins to the mushroom. Now they can no longer check Breloom as next turn they will be KOed.

Ferrothhorn is already severely hurt by Thundurus's Superpower, but it will cower in fear from Breloom.

Even Celebi isn't truly safe, as she is hurt bad by U-Turn (252 Atk Expert Belt Thundurus-T U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 276-328 (62.87 - 74.75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO), where Breloom can Mach Punch it and KO it.
My biggest issue that I see with this core is this:

4 Atk Life Orb Thundurus-T Superpower vs 252 HP/88 Def Ferrothorn (+Def) : 44.89% - 52.84% (2-3 hits to KO)

Basically, with Attack drops taken into consideration, Ferrothorn takes Thundy-T's Superpower in stride. I know that's what Breloom's for, but there are certain things, like Thunder Wave or Gyro Ball, that Breloom doesn't like switching in to. You're better off going for Focus Blast. Yeah, the accuracy is a bitch and three-quarters, but...

252 SpAtk Life Orb Thundurus-T Focus Blast vs 252 HP/168 SpDef Ferrothorn: 80.11% - 94.32% (6.25% chance to OHKO)

...at least now Thundy-T has a chance to deal with Ferrothorn itself.

My biggest issue that I see with this core is this:

4 Atk Life Orb Thundurus-T Superpower vs 252 HP/88 Def Ferrothorn (+Def) : 44.89% - 52.84% (2-3 hits to KO)

Basically, with Attack drops taken into consideration, Ferrothorn takes Thundy-T's Superpower in stride. I know that's what Breloom's for, but there are certain things, like Thunder Wave or Gyro Ball, that Breloom doesn't like switching in to. You're better off going for Focus Blast. Yeah, the accuracy is a bitch and three-quarters, but...

252 SpAtk Life Orb Thundurus-T Focus Blast vs 252 HP/168 SpDef Ferrothorn: 80.11% - 94.32% (6.25% chance to OHKO)

...at least now Thundy-T has a chance to deal with Ferrothorn itself.
But Ferrothorn is usually switching out. It fears Focus Blast anyway, where it would switch. Thunder Wave does nothing, as I can predict one and gain HP back.

Gastrodon @ Life Orb
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SAtk / 52 Spd / 100 SDef
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Surf

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Def / 100 SDef / 152 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Recover

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 56 Spd / 200 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
The core is centered around what I feel is a really underated threat in the form of life orb tank gastrodon which is really hard to fit correctly into a team as it is quite difficult to get to work right. However I fell that I have found a solution to the problem now life orb gastrodon itself focuses around switching into an incoming water attack, and using the boost from storm drain to get a free kill upon the opponent as they switch out. I figured that the biggest threat to gastrodon is ferrothorn who can stop it cold as it can tank a life orb earth power and ohko me right back with a stab power whip. So I inserted a specs magnezone to get power and insure it kills nearly 100% of the time. It also allowed for a option to maintain momentum with a specs volt switch that would hit anything hard. Finally I figured that Reuniclus would be the best option to finish off the core being able to be immune to hazards, and be able to set up trick room which I found would be the best option to ensure a potential sweep. The reason why I chose to go with a bulkier spread on Reuniclus was the fact that Reuniclus was not meant to be a sweeper. The spread on reuniclus allows for me to average out the defenses at 231 for both Defense and Special Defense. Which is essential as I'm not two hit KO'd by choice scarf Terrakion's stone edge. Gastrodon's evs spread allows me to outrun minimum speed Conkeldurr and hit once it's been weakened. Now I'm curious on how I can improve this core as it's had fair success but I feel like it could become better what are your thoughts on this? I feel like a good team mate for this core would be a banded Tyranitar to get rid of Jellicent that would wall Gastrodon what are your thoughts on this as well?
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-14970640

Gastrodon @ Life Orb
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SAtk / 52 Spd / 100 SDef
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Surf

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Def / 100 SDef / 152 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Recover

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 56 Spd / 200 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
The core is centered around what I feel is a really underated threat in the form of life orb tank gastrodon which is really hard to fit correctly into a team as it is quite difficult to get to work right. However I fell that I have found a solution to the problem now life orb gastrodon itself focuses around switching into an incoming water attack, and using the boost from storm drain to get a free kill upon the opponent as they switch out. I figured that the biggest threat to gastrodon is ferrothorn who can stop it cold as it can tank a life orb earth power and ohko me right back with a stab power whip. So I inserted a specs magnezone to get power and insure it kills nearly 100% of the time. It also allowed for a option to maintain momentum with a specs volt switch that would hit anything hard. Finally I figured that Reuniclus would be the best option to finish off the core being able to be immune to hazards, and be able to set up trick room which I found would be the best option to ensure a potential sweep. The reason why I chose to go with a bulkier spread on Reuniclus was the fact that Reuniclus was not meant to be a sweeper. The spread on reuniclus allows for me to average out the defenses at 231 for both Defense and Special Defense. Which is essential as I'm not two hit KO'd by choice scarf Terrakion's stone edge. Gastrodon's evs spread allows me to outrun minimum speed Conkeldurr and hit once it's been weakened. Now I'm curious on how I can improve this core as it's had fair success but I feel like it could become better what are your thoughts on this? I feel like a good team mate for this core would be a banded Tyranitar to get rid of Jellicent that would wall Gastrodon what are your thoughts on this as well?​
Ok so first u have no physical attackers.

Since Magnezone and Gastro are a good offensive core, I'd swap Reuniclus. Since it is not a sweeper, switch it for Life Orb Conkeldurr. It can OHKO Terrakion with Drain Punch, isn't OHKOed by Close Combat, and has alot of bulk to take many hits.

To give you ideas of the bulk,

252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Conkeldurr: 232-274 (60.57 - 71.54%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Drain Punch 2HKOs and deals 62-73%, simultaneously healing as well.

Mach Punch, Keldeo is dead.

@ Life Orb
Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge

Ok so first u have no physical attackers.

Since Magnezone and Gastro are a good offensive core, I'd swap Reuniclus. Since it is not a sweeper, switch it for Life Orb Conkeldurr. It can OHKO Terrakion with Drain Punch, isn't OHKOed by Close Combat, and has alot of bulk to take many hits.

To give you ideas of the bulk,

252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Conkeldurr: 232-274 (60.57 - 71.54%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Drain Punch 2HKOs and deals 62-73%, simultaneously healing as well.

Mach Punch, Keldeo is dead.

@ Life Orb
Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge
I actually found sash lead breloom to be a better partner for the core with access to spore I could incapacitate a threat and then set up trick room when that pokemon came in that I had but to sleep. It also gave me a grass type to get rid of the pesky rotom wash that litters the overused metagames and not to mention it rids my opponent of tyranitar if they have it. However now the four is quite weak to celebi so that is quite annoying.

I actually found sash lead breloom to be a better partner for the core with access to spore I could incapacitate a threat and then set up trick room when that pokemon came in that I had but to sleep. It also gave me a grass type to get rid of the pesky rotom wash that litters the overused metagames and not to mention it rids my opponent of tyranitar if they have it. However now the four is quite weak to celebi so that is quite annoying.
Try a physical variant of Celebi

Celebi @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Jolly
EVs; 56 HP/252 Atk/200 Spd
-Seed Bomb
-U-Turn
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch

not the best coverage, but it beats enemy Celebi, beats non HP Bug Keldeo, and gives you a physical attacker.

Try a physical variant of Celebi

Celebi @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Jolly
EVs; 56 HP/252 Atk/200 Spd
-Seed Bomb
-U-Turn
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch

not the best coverage, but it beats enemy Celebi, beats non HP Bug Keldeo, and gives you a physical attacker.
On that set I would avoid running U-Turn and Swords Dance on the same set, as it kind of defeats the purpose of a set up sweeper. I would either use an additional coverage move or Baton Pass, so that you can pass the boosts to a fellow teammate.

On that set I would avoid running U-Turn and Swords Dance on the same set, as it kind of defeats the purpose of a set up sweeper. I would either use an additional coverage move or Baton Pass, so that you can pass the boosts to a fellow teammate.
alright fair enough.

I guess switch U-Turn for Aerial Ace or Zen Headbutt.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Baton Pass is definitely the best move for the last slot. And that set seems to be the physical version of the one posted a few pages back.

You call us kids, and yet you are the one who is utilizing bad spelling. You also apparently dont know how to use the following: a comma, a semi-colon, a colon. Anyways the reason why we bash you is that you bashed us. Trust me most people here are extremely nice, but when you insult us excuse us if we get a little bit defensive. Your core can be perfectly good if you actually take the advice that we offered to you; But you didn't so please do not bash people if you yourself do not wish to be bashed.
Nice point, but, for the record, don't insult someone's grammar while having your post be littered with grammatical errors, some of which were only errors because of the fact that you were trying to impress him with your control of the English language...

Anyway, appreciate the thundy+breloom core. Both are crazy strong, but I would make thundy a pure 3 attacks agility sweeper/double dance set due to the fact that breloom should deal with the likes of ferro, etc.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Rapid Spin

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Low Sweep
- Spore

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This core is a pretty straight forward FWG offensive core. The main goal of the core is for Volcarona to get in, Quiver Dance, and sweep. Starmie is pretty much for clearing hazards and letting Volcarona come in without losing 50%. Starmie can also 2HKO Heatran and Tentacruel. Breloom gets rid of Bulky Waters and the pink blobs and other special walls, and also does wonders against rain. Breloom can also semi reliably revenge Terrakion. Starmie and Breloom are really good at getting rid of Volcarona's checks so it can sweep.

Would swapping Starmie for Tentacruel be beneficial? Volcarona is pretty bad in rain and Breloom and Starmie can only do so much to rain. So would Tentacruel be better than Starmie?

I think that starmie is definitely the better option

But may I suggest Life Orb => Expert Belt?

It will give you more longevity, while not detracting too much from power and also eliciting a "wtf kind of starmie is this" response from the opponent ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)