OU Pokemon Previews - Index, Rules, and Reservations

Is there any chance Torkoal can get a Analysis? I think that it should because it resists common types such as fairy and steel, gets access to Explosion, Rapid Spin, Shell Smash (although it is slow). It performs great under trick room (20 base speed) where it can "outspeed" even things like bronzong. It has a great defense stat (equal to skarmory) and can beat (Mega) Mawile, (Mega) Scizor, and speed ties with Ferrothron who it can beat regardless one on one.

For these reasons, amongst others, I think it deserves an analysis.

If so, I'd like to reserve it.

Last edited:
Is there any chance Torkoal can get a Analysis? I think that it should because it resists common types such as fairy and steel, gets access to Explosion, Rapid Spin, Shell Smash (although it is slow). It performs great under trick room (20 base speed) where it can "outspeed" even things like bronzong. It has a great defense stat (equal to skarmory) and can beat (Mega) Mawile, (Mega) Scizor, and speed ties with Ferrothron who it can beat regardless one on one.

For these reasons, amongst others, I think it deserves an analysis.

If so, I'd like to reserve it.
- Explosion isn't worth mentioning on a Pokemon who is suppose to be a tank + has a poor base 85 uninvested Attack while Shell Smash won't be of any use.
- Despite resisting Fairy-type attacks, a good majority of them can still either use you to get a free switch-in or outright beat you (Togekiss and Azumarill).
-You beat Steel-types in general which is great, however you lack any offensive presence and have poor defensive typing; vulnerable to every form of entry hazards.

To conclude this thing has great physical bulk but is weighed down to alot of factors, some which I mentioned above and you as a spinner, you fail to beat a number of entry hazard users and find it hard to get switch-ins, unlike Excradrill and Tentacruel.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Gourgeist-S and Bisharp are still awaiting their final QC checks.

Also after playing around with it a bit on Showdown, I'd like to go ahead and reserve Aromatisse, since it's been so horribly overlooked.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
After a discussion with qc we have decided Exploud should get an analysis. Its up for grabs

Last edited:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'll take Tyrantrum. I'm almost finished with Chandelure so might as well.

Yo what about rhyperior or krookodile? I don't see them there I could do one of them if you just forgot about them. :]

Epikhairz

Anything goes
I asked about Rhyperior - that was a no. No SR access and the appearance of Mega Aggron hurt its usability is what I'm guessing

idk about krookodile though

I asked about Rhyperior - that was a no. No SR access and the appearance of Mega Aggron hurt its usability is what I'm guessing

idk about krookodile though
Krookodile is viable with intimidate against some physical threats like ttar and can take on aegislash, mega mawile, and excadrill due to natural outspeeding, really well with an expert belt set. Its a nice scarfer as well to take on heatran, volc, aegislash obviously, latios, latias, gengar, salamence, weakened dnite, mega mawile and many more. With dark typing takes on those steel types better like metagross. Id really like to try it :) it has a chance. Also a nice moxie sweeper if you weaken the opponents team. With the lack of lando t and a dark typing it has a niche.

Last edited:
Id also like to ask if I could take over dragonite...since the guy who originally took it hasnt posted anything since October 24th and its still a W.I.P.?

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll take over Banette as drakon136 isn't working on it any longer.

Subject 18: You may remove Zoroark from the original post altogether. It has been denied by QC. Thanks!

Edit:
The thread for Banette has been put up. It's not quite ready for QC checks but I'm open to discussion/feedback on the sets.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)