OU RMT Balance

Making another rmt this once sort of by accident. I was just fooling around in the team builder and this set worked out. Here it is for you rate and comment have fun.

At a glance

In depth
@ Choice scarf
Levitate
252hp 104def 154spd
Impish nature (+def -spA)
- Trick
- Stealth rock
- Thunder wave
- U-turn​

Scarf uxie is a wonderful lead. Bulky as all get out and fast enough with scarf. Works easily and always gets rocks up. Simply trick and then SR or TW and finally U-turn out. I usually turn to uxie as damage/status sponge as well because it's so bulky.​

Changeable: Not really unless you can get me a different bulky tricker​

@ Life orb
Blaze
252atk 192spd 66spA
Naive nature (+spd -spD)
- Overheat
- Close combat
- Stone edge
- U-turn​

Infernape is a wonderful cleaner upper or threat remover. He gets the job but I can't expect him to stay around much being as frail as he is. I usually save him for the end when everything is statused or damaged and that's when he shines.​

Changeable: Meh I suppose​

@ Leftovers
Pressure
248hp 32spd 228spD
Bold nature (+def -atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heatwave
- Toxic
- Roost​

Zapdos is an astounding specially defensive monster. It can stall almost as well as blissey but it can also be offensive with it's huge 120 spA. Doesn't differ much from the zap in the dex except i switched twave with toxic.​

Changeable: okay but I don't want blissey​

@ Choice band
Technician
248hp 252atk 10spd
Adamant nature (+atk -spA)
- Bullet punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower​

The old king of OU still shines. Scizor's an excellent revenge killer and is bulky enough to take hits too. Scizor can take out the pokes that threaten kingdra or nape.​

Changeable: ok​

@ Leftovers
Magnet pull
40atk 216spd 252spA
Naive nature (+spd -spD)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power (grass)
- Explosion
- Substitute​

Magnezone is the best steel killer around and besides that no one wants to take a thunderbolt from him. Another good part is that explosion from behind a sub is unexpected. HP grass is for grounds.​

Changeable: ok​

@ Chesto berry
Swift swim
144hp 160atk 164spd 40spd
Adamant nature (+atk -spA)
- Dragon dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Rest​

Chestorest kingdra is a decent bulky sweeper being able to rest off damage and getting 2-3 dds in the proccess. The coverage is ok with waterfall and outrage but once your locked into outrage the game is basically over for the seahorse. Kingdra plays bulky sweeper​

Changeable: change him please I really don't like him​

Well there you have it please rate and comment.​

I've been testing a team recently with the kingdra + magnezone combo and it works really well because you can just spam outrage with no steels. Having a scarf on magnezone makes it easier to beat common steels, as besides CBzor most common steels like meta, heatran, and luke can beat magnezone anyway. You can pick off those steels and then spam outrage, ect

Hey,

I suggest Substitute over Heat Wave on Zapdos, because the SubRoost set is really great at stalling, and it blocks status too.

Blissey does not seem like a problem, so why not try Sub Petaya Empoleon? Its a great late game sweeper, and does really well once the opponent's team is weakned.

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
EVs: 24 Def/252 Sp. Atk/232 Spe
IVs: 30 HP
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Agility
-Substitute

Basically, you send it in on an attack it resists, then Agility on the switch, then Substitute down to your Petaya Berry. Now you're ready to sweep. Petaya Berry has been activated and with STAB Torrent + 1 Surf, you're going to sweep many teams. Ice Beam helps you take out Dragonite and hits Grass types. Grass Knot can be used but it only helps with Suicune and Vaporeon, but Suicune can set up Calm Mind against you, and Vaporeon has Wish + Protect so you're probably better off with Ice Beam.

Good luck!

Nice team. I actually like the combination of Magnezone + Kingdra quite a bit; ChestoRest Kingdra has few definitive "counters," but Steel-types and bulkier phazers can generally hinder it from successfully sweeping. Fortunately, Magnezone eliminates several of these threats quite handily, and has pretty good type synergy with Kingdra as well. I've noticed that you actually want to replace Kingdra on your team, but I would encourage you to at least give it an additional try with some minor suggestions. I've always found the ChestoRest set to be an excellent and effective sweeper, so any lack of success may be attributed to playing it incorrectly. Just to clarify, Kingdra should only be switched in on something that it can take hits from, such as an opposing bulky Water, Starmie, or Heatran (beware of Explosion, however). At this point, you should basically try to net as many Dragon Dances as possible, resting off the damage at the last possible moment and either beginning your sweep or getting in a few more boosts. As long as your preserve Kingdra for late-game stages of the match, you shouldn't have a problem cleaning up your opponent's team. Ideally, Outrage should only be used when absolutely necessary, but it can still deal considerable damage to even opponents that resist it, especially if they have taken prior damage.

As for the team itself, I can see that you have a weakness to SD Lucario. After setting up, it can sweep through your team quite easily, considering that it is typically used in late-game situations. Zapdos is the only team member that can survive an attack, but it accumulates a lot of residual damage from switching into Stealth Rock over the course of the match, meaning that it isn't reliable as a Lucario check. SubSplit Gengar is also quite troublesome if played correctly, as it can set up on Infernape and proceed to 2HKO each of your team members. Scizor is a decent Gengar check, but it takes heavy damage from a LO Focus Blast, while Gengar can safely get in an attack from behind a sub and switch out. For these reasons, I'd like to recommend trying out a Choice Scarf Scizor in place of your current set:

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit
While CB Scizor was very useful in the Latias / Salamence metagame, I feel that it is considerably less effective currently. However, the Scarf set maintains enough surprise value to give you an advantage in several cases: Grass-types that deter Kingdra from sweeping will expect to outspeed Scizor and hit it hard with HP Fire, but will instead be outpaced and hit hard with a STAB super-effective U-turn. Superpower allows Scizor to function as a solid Lucario check, able to outpace and OHKO it. Pursuit in conjunction with Choice Scarf serves to turn Scizor into a potent trapper, as you can now outspeed and KO threats such as Gengar and Starmie after some slight prior damage.

Good luck with your team!

Hi I got your PM,

Well to start, if you don't like the chesto rest set, I would suggest the sub DD set because its much safer firing off outrages behind a sub. The sub DD set also requires less prediction to use. Just switch it into a resisted attack or something you can force out and set up a sub, depending on the switch in, DD or attack with the appropriate move. Another suggestion is use bulky gyara over kingdra, but it brings along another SR weakness and that usually hinders gyara's usefulness.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)