XY OU OU RMT cuz wynaut

So… I've don't one RMT before, but that was LC. So, Im going to try to survive the probable onslaught of random comments that will come my way (especially about my nicknames).

This team has been in the making since Gen 5, originally revolving around Ferrothorn's walling capabilities and Volcarona's set up power. This team has been changed a lot with time, and I feel that it has the capability to be a very strong team.

The goal of this team is to set up hazards, then eliminate certain threats to pave the way to a Volcarona Quiver Dance sweep.

o-O (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

First thing first: Ferrothorn's shiny sprite is awesome. Moving past that, this is, in almost every case, my lead for the team. At worst, it gets SR up. At best, it is able to take one or two pokemon down with it with LS, while gaining great passive recovery with Protect. While in my opinion, Ferrothorn should get Rapid Spin (I mean look at it lol), it gets the job done.

I'm a banana (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

When people look at Ferrothorn, the glaring Fire type weakness usually pops into their heads. That is just one of the reasons for Heatran. Flash Fire completely neuters the Fire threat, and then Heatran goes to work wall-breaking. Heatran can lure in certain pokemon that wall it and then decimate them with Magma storm and Toxic chip damage. Air balloon is a slightly obvious item, but works on the switch in, forcing choice users to switch or using a fire or ground move.

Blob 2.0 (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Clefable balances very well with the previous two pokemon, counteracting weaknesses and all-around forming a decent "core" of sorts. Clefable is also a cleric for the team, with heal bell and wish support. The given HP EV's minimize chip damage, and Unaware stops set-up sweepers in their tracks. Moonblast is so that this is not Taunt fodder, and can hit pretty well even uninvested with STAB. However, this is the newest member of the team, so it might go through some changes.

HAVE FUN KIDDIES (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Knock Off

A team built around Volcarona needs hazard removal, and Tentacruel is great for the job. Rapid spin is a slightly obvious choice, and EV's go into longevity, in case RS needs to be activated multiple times in the match. Scald can cripple physical attackers, complementing Ferrothorn and Clefable's walling capabilities. Knock Off punishes certain pokemon, and Acid Spray can force swaps, especially is Volcarona is still alive. Liquid ooze is used to punish LS users and Drain Punch users, allowing Tentacruel to usually be able to swap into each of the moves respectively.

Huehuehue (Volcarona) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

QD Volcarona is the main win condition of this team. With one or two set up, only priority users are really able to stop Volcarona: the chief offender of which is Talonflame. FB and GD are obvious choices, and while some might opt for Hidden Power Ground over Bug Buzz, I prefer the reliable and accurate STAB and ability to hit through substitutes over the change in type coverage. While this does let Heatran and some other pokes to wall Volc, the other teammates have usually taken these pokemon out by the time Volcarona does its job.

blue man group (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Origionally a second win condition of the team, Medicham has morphed into being a type of "clean-up crew." With Fake Out and Bullet Punch, it is able to revenge a variety of threats, and the last two moves are hard hitting STAB. Since Medicham's role has changed, it does not need longevity in mind as much as it used to, letting me run HJK over Drain Punch. The one thing that hard walls this set is Sableye and its Mega, but anything else, if outsped, is cannon fodder.

o-O (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Blob 2.0 (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

HAVE FUN KIDDIES (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Knock Off

Huehuehue (Volcarona) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

blue man group (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

I'm a banana (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

I like your team, although it it ridiculously weak to Talonflame and Aegislash.

Heatran's set looks like a combination of 2+ so I'll list replacements.
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power/Protect
- Subsitute
- Toxic
Trapper Heatran Stalls out the opponent making up for Magma Storm's bad accuracy

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
Offense.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Wait, Aegislash is back in OU?

Oh. Crap.

Shall change it.
No its being suspect tested. I think Ferrothorns shiny sprite is ugly imo. I think Heatran should have Stealth Rocks over Taunt and Ferrothorn should have Spikes over Stealth Rocks as layering hazards does alot to your opponents sides taking damage when stepping on the field and it wouldn't be a problem for you since you have a rapid spinner and not a defogger. And if you want you could change Zen Headbutt on Medicham to Psycho Cut to do more damage with its high crit ratio and better accuracy. Hope I helped

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)