OU Shoddy RMT

I've been using this team on Shoddy for a while and it's worked fairly well, but I've run into some problems so I want to know how to make it better.

Deoxys @ Leftovers
Pressure
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Taunt
Reflect / Shadow Ball

Spikes and Stealth Rock together almost garentees my opponent takes atleast 12% damage every time they come in. Taunt is to stop Stealth Rock and Hypnosis and such and Reflect helps it set up more spikes against Scizor that don't have a Bug attack and take less damage from U-Turn. Although, Shadow Ball could help with Gengar, Azelf, and Deoxys-s.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
70 HP / 252 SpAtk / 188 Spe
Timid
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Hidden Power [Ice]
Toxic / ?

Heatran can easily come in on many types of attacks launched at the rest of my team and outspeed and kill many threats including Skymin. I put Toxic over Explosion because it can cripple bulky waters that come in and Explosion wasn't killing them. (Mamoswine can switch in on Blissey and threaten or kill it with Earthquake.) If anyone can tell me something good to replace it with I will. I'm thinking about taking a few EV's from HP and putting them into speed to outrun +Spe Base 130's.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Pressure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk
Bold
Surf / Hidden Power [Electric]
Roar
Rest
Sleep Talk

Suicune is good at taking status, phazing out set-up Pokemon, and racks up damage from Spikes and Stealth Rock. I'm considering dropping Surf for HP Electric because Gyrados can Taunt Suicune and proceed to set-up.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Snow Cloak
66 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge
Ice Fang

Mamoswine can come in on Thunderbolts and any Blissey without Flamethrower or Grass Knot and can scare them away with Ice Shard or Earthquake. It's also good at late game sweeping and taking down Skymin. Life Orb allows it to use Earthquake on a Skymin or Zapdos that comes in and still possibly kill them with Ice Shard. (Zapdos has to be worn down significantly to get OHKO'd and Heat Wave does a lot of damage to Mamoswine)

Lucario @ Life Orb
Inner Focus
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Crunch
Stone Edge

Another good sweeper. Lucario can take down many weakened enenmies with Extremespeed and can wear down switch-ins with Close Combat. I chose Stone Edge over Ice Punch and Swords Dance because it does more damage to Zapdos and I usually don't find time to set up. I'm thinking about possibly running the Choice Scarf set instead.

(I couldn't find a Sky Form sprite)
Shymin @ Life Orb
Serene Grace
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid
Seed Flare
Air Slash
Earth Power
Hidden Power [Ice]

The main late game sweeper. Skymin easily switches in on Earthquakes fired at Heatran and sweeps weakened teams with ease. I chose HP Ice to kill Zapdos which is more common than Skarmory and Bronzong. (Skarmory and Bronzong are taken down by Heatran and Suicune anyway.)

Problems:
1. Trick leads completely screw Deoxys-s over.
2. Deoxys-s and Gengar have been hard to take down.
3. Gyarados can Taunt Suicune and set-up.
4. Dusknoir hasn't been too much of a problem, but Lucario is the only Pokemon that can hit it SE.

I'm considering using Spiritomb to counter Deoxys-s and non-Trick Scarf Gengar and Azelf and to block rapid spin, but I don't know what to take out.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Though your team looks very good there are just a few things that make me uneasy

1) Your Earthquake weak, it just doesn't seem worth it.
2) If Suicune is gone and Gyrados get's in a DD it is pretty much over for you if he's carrying Ice Fang.

May I suggest a gyrados of your own or another bulky water in place of Mamo?

That's about it.

I have Mamoswine mostly for Skymin. If Heatran dies there's really nothing else standing in it's way. A Choice Scarf on Lucario could obviously fix this. I'll try Gyarados later and see how I do.

Get rid of Ice Fang on Mamoswine.

Replace with SUPERPOWER.
You don't need 2 Ice moves when Shard carries the priority. I would give your Shaymin Yache Berry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)