OU Stats - February 2k13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toed on suspect 3 months ago had 50%, now it's at 19%? Anyone have speculation why the drop? Torn-T wasn't that vital to rain.
I'd imagine its the reverse, Rain is that vital to Torn-T, while I don't think Deo-D really cares what weather it is in, and its a suspect test so most players will be using the suspect and the support to use it to its fullest.

Tornadus T was a small factor for Politoed being lower in percentage, there's no way that just one poke that abuses rain caused this change. The real reason was possibly that rain is just not as popular as before. If you look at OU now you'll see that there are more and more counters to rain and the whole strategy is really starting to get old.

Tornadus T was a small factor for Politoed being lower in percentage, there's no way that just one poke that abuses rain caused this change. The real reason was possibly that rain is just not as popular as before. If you look at OU now you'll see that there are more and more counters to rain and the whole strategy is really starting to get old.
You'd be surprised at just how big Torn-T was. I voted it OU, but even I acknowledge it pretty much warped the metagame around it (to a degree, not like Exca or Blaziken did).

Also, 3 months ago was around when people were finally discovering what a badass Keldeo is, iirc. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was before Keldeo and CBTar became the big thing and everyone was spamming Keldeo in rain.

True that Torn T was huge, but I truly doubt that that is the full story. You say that Keldeo made a huge change, yet the number is still lower than usual in terms of rain usage. Keldeo is still in OU and if it is so good, rain should still be more common. Plus, there's also other rain based strategies out there that are viable.

Not going to lie right now, but I kinda like where our metagame is heading ;]

: This guy is clocking in at a stable #14 with 11.38% usage. Latios is slowly dropping and Garchomp is slowly rising. Soon, my Garchomp soon >:)

: This guy went from 47 to 44 :D. People just might realize how handy and destructive he can be when played right haha. He's definitely no S-Tier but I think this guys got a chance to land it with the big boy Dragons :]. Honestly, putting him in allow him to rip through Stall Based Team and give Sun Teams some issues as long as Hydreigon avoids the Sleep Powder from Chlorophyll abusers. Use him guys; he won't disappoint.

: Interestingly enough, he actually surpassed Politoed's usage. I guess it is somewhat expected as Ferrothorn can function very well defensively for weather-less teams which hold highest usage as of right now. This list kinda reminds of the early days of BW1 when it was all about Rain, Scizor and Steel Types.

: Maybe it's just me, but with the ban of our hideous (I kid ;]) friend Deo-D, I thought Gengar would see a bit of a downage. But I mean, statistics never fail to surprise me (Infernape is....I'm not even going to). Gengar really saw a peak with Deo-D, thanks to the fact that he was a premier Spin Blocker and could actually defeat many spinners when played right. But even with Deo-D gone, I guess he can function well with Pokemon such as Ferrothorn.

: Ttar :). He's making his climb from spot 8 to 5. He's definitely had his rough times in BW2, but we just might finish Gen V, with a satisfied Ttar in the Top 5 List.

: :']. I'm so proud of you guys. Maybe the Aura always be with you as you sweep late game with a +2 LO ExtremeSpeed.

Overall, the way everything is looking, I think this metagame just might be a much more enjoyable OU environment from now until October :D

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
| 55 | Latias | 0.50800% | 2966 | 0.401% |
| 56 | Haxorus | 0.45459% | 3726 | 0.504% |
I have lost faith..

| 60 | Lucario | 0.38895% | 3706 | 0.501% |

NO. HOW. WHY? Please use this more.

I have lost faith..

| 60 | Lucario | 0.38895% | 3706 | 0.501% |

NO. HOW. WHY? Please use this more.
You're looking at the lead usage. Unless you want lucario, latias and haxorus to be used more as leads, look at that january stats. Haxorus needs more usage however.

| 29 | Infernape | 7.54976% | 61786 | 8.354% | 49439 | 8.347% |
| 30 | Landorus | 7.49024% | 36065 | 4.876% | 28299 | 4.778% |

How the fuck is Infernape getting more use than Landorus seriously idgi.

@Zentrius
I think someone said this earlier, but please.
We understand Infernape is not the KingKong it was in DPP. We get it. Posting how much it sucks this Generation will not drop the usage. Just learn to live with it. It's getting overrated. You're not funny. You're not the first to observe.

Seconding what Tabuu said, and I'd like to reiterate what Wizarus said on the first page: There is no reason to go "Pokémon X sucks why the fuck are people using it, stop it."

It is no one's place to tell players how to play or what to use. If you are mentoring/tutoring someone, it is not your place to say "Stop being bad and using Infernape." You can say something along the lines of "Based on what kind of team you want to use, Terrakion is a better fit for role Y."

We all want a more competitive metagame, and okay, a team of all five Fire starters and Aerodactyl isn't going to be good, but the trend of conversation for the past four or five months is absurd.

There is honestly nothing wrong with these usage stats. The same top 10 as last month is definitely a sign of stability. And guys shut up about keldeo and infernape.

Stability doesn't mean at all the mons have the usage they deserve, no more no less.
Landorus 30th is ridiculous.

@Lord of Bays:
Thank you for the support :]
Honestly guys. For everyone's sake.

I actually realized later after my initial post, that I was taking it out of the Non-Suspect Data...meaning Deo-D was still in the OU tier.
Looking at the suspect test statistics [no Deo-D], I am actually really surprised at what I'm seeing.

Garchomp takes 7th which is really cool, as now only Latios takes a solid 3rd while Dragonite hikes it down to 12th. Lucario got to shoot up to 20th which is also fantastic. People are starting to love his victory-ensured-@-late-game ability.
However, I'm still a little disappointed at how Hydreigon pretty much didn't rise. I can kinda understand it though as the top 3 most used are Scizor, Keldeo and Latios. Honestly, I think it's time I started working on my Garchomp+Hydreigon based Team ;].

First off, can someone tell me when was the last time Politoed was not in the top 2 of usage for a month?

Secondly, here's the deal with Infernape: he is a very fast mon with decent attack stats and very powerful moves, plus he has STAB priority and can boost with SD. The downside: 'nape is very frail, stuck in a Drizzle-infested metagame, outclassed by Terrakion as a fighting type and Swords Dancer, and the power creep in this gen has made Infernape look average. I understand why it gets used, but seriously, Terrakion outclasses it all around, except maybe on a Sun team.

@G-Von:
While I can't give you a specific month, realize that Politoed and Drizzle has just been rampant all over Pokemon.
Politoed has probably never dropped lower than like spot #3-#5.
Quite literally, his ability is enough to twist, turn and shape an entire metagame.
Food for thought ;]

Well it's a shame many good Dragons (ex. Kyurem-b and c, hydregion and haxorus) are below the 40s (and don't get me started on how low Kyurem-C is). Many people believe thier bad because they have weaknesses to common attacks and average speed. But I've tried all of them out and they have all been doing well. I am most impressed with Kyurem-b and c because they did thier duties as an attacker and wall respectively. Give all of them a try as they certainly won't dissapoint.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
suspect usage stats look exactly like they should, other than politoed sitting down at #9. i think the explanation for that is that a good majority of the suspect ladder players figured there would be an abundance of rain teams on the ladder, and thus they brought a team that fares well against rain, i.e. sand offense (also explains the rise of keldeo and latios to #2 and #3, respectively). but yeah, you take a look at the top 10 and in my mind it's all the premier offensive threats of bw2. you have scizor right up there at #1, where it deserves to be because it's so good right now. keldeo and latios are next, with really astounding usage, both over 25%. shows how overpowered both of these 'mons are in the current offensive metagame. scarf rain hydro pumps and specs rain surfs can be pretty devastating to unprepared teams. that's probably also the reason that jirachi now weighs in at #6, because it's such a great latios check. the scarf set has also been gaining in popularity recently, as people become more reluctant to scarf their latios or terrakion, because they would rather utilize the raw power of the above. speaking of terrakion, it's right where it should be at a solid #4. still the greatest physical threat to the metagame that isn't a priority user. kind of surprised to see garchomp up there at #7, in my experience it's not that good. lead rocks set works, i guess. now i'm rambling but the point i'm trying to make is that the suspect ladder usage stats paint a perfectly accurate picture of the bw2 ou metagame right now. they're really spot on. we should be looking at those from now on. regular usage stats are kind of skewed (infernape hello).

"kind of surprised to see garchomp up there at #7, in my experience it's not that good. lead rocks set works, i guess. now i'm rambling but the point i'm trying to make is that the suspect ladder usage stats paint a perfectly accurate picture of the bw2 ou metagame right now. they're really spot on. we should be looking at those from now on." -Lavos Spawn

Offended man ;]
But otherwise I agree with your current statements

First off, can someone tell me when was the last time Politoed was not in the top 2 of usage for a month?
Top two Politoed is actually something that only happened pretty recently from what I can tell. It's been top two since July 2012, but it never was before that.

• 13 in April 2011
  • 14 in May 2011
  • 04 in June 2011
  • 06 in August 2011 (there were no July stats that year)
  • 06 in September 2011
  • 05 in October 2011
  • 05 in November 2011
  • 07 in December 2011
  • 07 in January 2012
  • 06 in February 2012
  • 06 in March 2012
  • 08 in April 2012
  • 08 in May 2012
  • 08 in June 2012
From what I can tell just looking at just these stats, it was the transition to BW2 that pushed it from top ten to usage king (regardless of whether it belonged up there all along, which it very well might have).

Well it's a shame many good Dragons (ex. Kyurem-b and c, hydregion and haxorus) are below the 40s (and don't get me started on how low Kyurem-C is). Many people believe thier bad because they have weaknesses to common attacks and average speed. But I've tried all of them out and they have all been doing well. I am most impressed with Kyurem-b and c because they did thier duties as an attacker and wall respectively. Give all of them a try as they certainly won't dissapoint.
Keep in mind that it's sort of like Arceus in Ubers. There's DNite, Garchomp, Lati@s, and Mence. Any Dragon you want to use has to compete with those 5 for teamslot if you don't want to be swept by Mamoswine or Icy Wind Keldeo or something. Outside of specific teams built to take advantage of Dragon-spam, no one will have more than 1 Dragon. 9 OU Dragons, there's limits on how popular any of them can be because of that.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
we suspected Tornadus-Therian when it was between 7 and 8 percent usage. We suspected Deoxys-Defense when it was between 7 and 8 percent usage. Landorus-Incarnate is between 7 and 8 percent usage currently.

Tornadus-Therian was a Pokemon with multiple formes, and it was suspected. Deoxys-Defense was a pokemon with multiple formes, and it was suspected. Landorus-Incarnate has multiple formes.

COINCIDENCE?

edit @ above: landorus-t and landorus are two /very/ diff pokemon.

Then why can't we use both Landorus and Landorus-T in the same team? Why is the species clause such a big deal for anything not named Arceus?

Would it hurt to have an extra stat that takes into account the global usage of a pokemon, as well as the individual usage statistics of the various formes?
Because they have the same national dex number, which is the criteria for species clause.

The base stat distributions between Landorus-T and Landorus are very very different, and as such are different for tiering purposes

Bryce

Lun
In the suspect ladder,usage #1 to #11 are all classic mons on the Standard Tyranitar Sand Offense teams except Politoed. The metagame shift and banning of Tornadus-T has made Sand Tyranitar offense extremely popular,and it was already very popular before Torn-T ban as well.I can assume that TTar's ability to pursuit trap Keldeo,Landorus,Breloom's checks has made this sweepers incredibly threatning. And guess what?Latios beats all 3 of them as well Garchomp and Terrakion and is capable of breaking past TTar after some prior damage. Scizor is Scizor,a poke with a lot of utility and that powerful Bullet Punch in addition to checking Latios. Jirachi is another great Latios check and can help against Terrakion/Keldeo depending on the set. Keldeo is the best offensive Scizor check there is after Magnezone,Landorus can threaten Jirachi when it's not locked into Ice Punch on scarf set.Aside from these sweepers being potent on their own,I can see a cycle here.

These sweepers have also shaped weatherless offense.I myself had used a team of Garchomp,Terrakion,Keldeo,Latios,Scizor,Breloom. Although Kyurem-B,Lucario, Volcarona etc occasionally pops up here and then but at the end of the day,most BW2 offense teams are heavily dominated by these group of sweepers.Even Dragonite has fallen to #12.

Landorus isn't 30th because it's underrated, but because it has to compete for a teamslot with Gliscor and Landorus-T, who share the same type.
On top of it, most teams that feature Landorus are sand teams, so they carry either Tyranitar or Hippowdown.
In a metagame dominated by rain you definitely don't want to stack up on water- and ice- weak pokemon.
I understand your explanation, but looking at the stats of suspect we can see 40% Lando-T more than in standard, and though Lando has twice more use than in standard. It tends to prove that these reasons if they limit it, doesn't justify a such bad ranking.
It was mainly that anormal difference that I pointed, and there was the same number of Politoed to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)