OU Team (First team since last summer)

This is what i was thinking for my team. It has some UU and NU pokemon in it but i like the pokemon and think that they may be useful.

Moltres- Choice Scarf
Pressure
Hasty 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
U-turn
Overheat
Air Slash
Will-o-Wisp

This is my first pokemon. It has U-turn to do damage to the pokemon that it won't be able to kill or stall against. It has Overheat for a great stab move. Air Slash is another stab move that can make the opponent flinch. Finally it has Will-o-Wisp so that I can cripple and attacking pokemon by cutting its attack due to the burn and it will make and leftover users useless. It will also make any focus sash useless.

Alakazam- Focus Sash
Synchronize
Modest 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Focus Blast
Hidden Power(Fire)

This is a special sweeper. It has Shadow ball for all the annoying ghost type pokemon. It has psychic for the obvious stab reason. Focus Blast is for any dark type pokemon that dares to come up agains me. Hidden Power Fire is there because I love fire moves and it can take out steel and grass type pokemon.

Gardevior- Wise Glasses
Trace
Modest 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 SpD
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Calm Mind
Magical Leaf

This is my Special Defensive wall. It has Calm Mind to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense. Psychic is so that it has a good stab move. Magical leaf doesn't miss and can do good damage to any rock type pokemon. Thunderbolt is for any flying or water type pokemon.

Metagross- Expert Belt
Clear Body
Impish 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Stealth Rock
Explosion

This is my Physical Wall. Stealth Rock is to damage any pokemon that comes in. Earthquake is just a powerful move that works great on Metagross. Meteor Mash is for stab and is strong. Finally, Explosion is if i am about to die and want to take out the opposing pokemon with me then I can.

Dusknoir- Leftovers
Pressure
Impish 4Atk/ 252 Def/ 252 SpD
Brick Break
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Punch
Sucker Punch

My mixed wall and rapid spin stopper. I love Dusknoir. It has helped me out of many bad situations. It has Shadow Punch for a never missing stab move. Sucker Punch is to due damage to any pokemon that may be able to take me out before I could hurt them. It can take out fast Ghost or Psychic type pokemon. Will-o-Wisp is to take out any leftover users and to cut any physical attackers attack. It can also make any focus sash useless.

Snorlax- Lum Berry
Thick Fat
Adamant 252 HP/4 Atk/ 252Def
Belly drum
Focus Punch
Earthquake
Rest

This is my physical sweeper. I am going to start with a Belly Drum and the rest to get my HP back and then wake up with the lum berry. I have Focus Punch for a hard hitting move that will kill almost anything it hits after a Belly Drum. Also if a pokemon is trying to set up I will just hit it with Focus Punch for some significant damage. Earthquake is for any fire, stell, or rock type pokemon that come into the match. After a Belly Drum it will due a lot of damage as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this. Any feedback is welcome. I will take no offense at all to any comments as long as the don't just say my team sucks.

Nice team, i think its pretty good. Will o wisp doesnt cripple a focus sash tho, cuz it only works at 100% hp so if u did a regular attack instead, and didnt kill it then it would be crippled per say. The only scenario where it would be crippling is if assuming the sash ahdnt been used and they were burned from wow, they are at anywhere from 99%-50% hp and recovered up to 100%, then you attacked and he was down to 1%, and burned dead. But thats exceedingly rare and if you could bring him that low wit one attack, you probably couldve done it on the first move rather than burning, unless you boosted your stats and that scenario occurs, which is even more rare. Its still a fantastic attack so keep it, but dont rely on it for a sash killer

^I'm sorry but that post was extremely hard to read. Will-o-Wisp does break sashes, as once the HP decreases it's no longer usable, even if you do recover. I don't know what you're trying to say with your post, whether you're insinuating that recovering off damage allows Focus Sash to work again or not. Might do well if you try improving that.

Anyway, Moltres lead is looking good, U-turn is the sash breaker but Will-o-Wisp can cut the physical sweepers down to size.

I'm really not liking that physical wall Omastar, and would suggest pretty much anything over it, including Donphan who can Rapid Spin, lay Stealth Rocks and just do the job better.

Gardevoir as a special wall in OU doesn't seem all that reliable, either, as you're pretty much instant Pursuit bait if they catch on, or just hit hard by anything with super effective attacks. I'm not liking Magical Leaf, either, especially as you don't even have Leftovers on a 'wall', so that's 0% health recovery, thus a defense is easily crippled.

Tyranitar really laughs at this time, while it may not like Will-o-Wisp from Moltres (who can't come in often without dying from either Stealth Rocks or Tyranitar's STAB Crunch/Stone Edge) or Dusknoir, Tyraniboah really laughs at you since it freely sets up a Substitute on everything, boasts a Sp.Def increase and just Focus Punches your Snorlax and Omastar, Crunch on your Gardevoir, Dusknoir and Alakazam and a special attack just goes through the team, anyway.

This is without even thinking of how you expect to handle a Salamence, Scizor or pretty much any standard threat for OU teams. I might as well point out that Scarf Heatran screws the majority of this team over, pretty quickly. Gyarados (a common partner, really) handles the Snorlax through Taunt and setting up (You can't Rest, Belly Drum or hit with anything other than a -1 Focus Punch) on it.

If you want this team to do, anything I'd really consider changing it up a bit, with at least some viable wall options over Gardevoir and Omastar.

Since it's OU, and I did post a suggestion for Donphan over Omastar, I'll just post the set I had in mind for this team (it will do a better job than Omastar in this case, trust me).

Donphan @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def

Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock/Ice Shard
Earthquake
Assurance

This is a pretty standard set. Rapid Spin removes Spikes, Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes, each of which will mess with this team anyway. Earthquake is the STAB attack, here and does decent damage to what you should be using it against. Stealth Rock is an option, mainly because you lack a Stealth Rocker, but if you decided to use a different Pokemon as a Stealth Rock user then Ice Shard can be used for priority and decent damage against Pokemon such as Salamence and Dragonite. Assurance is to stop Ghost-types from freely switching in to Spin-Block.

I changed Omastar for Metagross. I am welcoming any more suggestions and opinions on how i can better this team. Thank you to every one who has helped and who does in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)