Ou team Mega Magnetric

Froslass Focus sash
Ability Cursed body

252SpA 252Spe 4HP

Spikes
Destiny bond
Taunt
Ice beam

Spikes is the crux of this set as due to froslass speed she will more often then not get atleast 2 layers of spikes on the field. Taunt is there to prevent ure opponent from setting up their own hazards or status that can annoy Froslass, Destiny bond ls there as a last ditch move when u know u cant do anything else and can help froslass force switches allowing here to set up all the spikes u need. The last moveslot is debatable, ice beam attains wider SE coverage while Shadow ball attains overall more coverage, ice beam takes care of te many dragons in the many dragons in the tier and allows it to maim Landorus.

Mega Manectric @Manectrite
Ability lighting rod --> intermediate

252 SpA 252 Spe 4HP

Volt switch
Hidden power
Overheat
Thunderbolt

What do transformers do? They switch voltages, just like manectric. Manectric also transforms opponent switch advantage into yours ;-). Anyways, mega manectric is a rock solid pokemon. Intimidate, speed, power and movepool that manectric has allows it to switch in on, answer to on switch advantage, or check a number of pokemon, including but not limited to scizor, dragonite, salamence, ferrothorn, jirachi, togekiss, thundurus-therian, etc. Volt switch is your primary move, when you find yourself up against a pokemon that you are forcing out, or can KO with volt switch, spamming it allows you to maintain switch advantage. One of mega manectric's merits is that due to naturally stellar speed and special attack he is still good without a choice item, and thus, many ground types that might want to halt a volt-switch simply find themselves facing a strong hidden power ice, that in many cases is 4x effective. Garchomp, landorus-therian, gliscor, the list goes on, volt switch stopping pokemon no longer have the luxury that is gaining momentum against a choice item. Weakened hippowdons, thudurus', jolteon, and other electric immune pokemon should also watch out when tangling with manectric. OVerheat is great move for a hit and run pokemon, and countless pokemon in OU get scorched by it. Something like mega lucario can only hit you with its resisted bullet punch while it takes an overheat. Thunderbolt is the strong STAB move for when you need to deal some good consistent damage.

Conkeldurr Life orb

252 Atk 252 Hp
Drain punch
Knock off
Earthquake
Bulk Up

This is Conkeldurr's generic all-out attacking set, pounding the OU metagame with powerful coverage attacks backed up by its gargantuan Attack stat. This Conkeldurr specializes in wallbreaking. While its STAB attacks are not boosted by Sheer Force and thus cause Life Orb damage, Drain Punch actually heals said damage.

Garchomp @ Yache berry

252 Atk 252 Spe

Stealth rocks
Dragon claw
Earthquake
Poison Jab

This variant works well as a supporter for other dragons on your team, weakening their checks and counters and removing sashes with stealth rock + rough skin. Makes a great lead and handles spinners well.

Florges Leftovers

252 SpA 252 Def

Wish
Protect
Moon blast
Toxic

With Florges' high Special Attack and a movepool just big enough, an offensive set could be used. Calm Mind is the crux of this set, as it raises Florges' already high Special stats to monstrous levels. Moon Blast is obligatory STAB, with HP Ground allows it to hit to hit the Poison- and Steel-type that resist it. However, HP Fire could be used to hit things like Skarmory and Bronzong, while still doing neutral damage to Poison-types. If you run HP Fire, it's in your best interest to run Psychic so you can hit Poison-types super-effectively.

Aggron LifeOrb

252 Atk 252 Def

Iron head
Rest
Sleep talk
Dragon tail

A standard RestTalk set. Iron Head for damage, and the obvious Rest and Sleep Talk for a semi-decent recovery option. Dragon Tail can be used if you'd prefer phazing out.

Last edited:
What Ability does your Aggron Have? I know for a fact that Aggron gets Head Smash. So if it has Rock Head, I think Head Smash would be a viable option over Iron Head.

Well, Hi fellow Nigerian :3
lol anyway,
My RMT.

Ahem you need to pick a lead in my opinion.
Having a Frosslass and a Garchomp with stealth rock seems a bit redundant as that space could go to a much needed stallbreaker like Keldeo or my personal favourite Kyurem-B.
But it's your choice i suppose i highly advise you test out Kyurem-Black over Froslass as spikes isn't a huge focus in the current metagame and they both share the ice typing so you don't miss out on coverage either.
It also has a great ability which lets you disregard abilities.
so you can 2HKO Mega Venusaur with ice beam and 2HKO Rotom-W with Earth Power.

Garchomp, make this your dedicated lead and use a focus sash.
Also, Swords Dance > Poison Jab in my opinion as after a swords dance you'll be hitting harder with your STAB earthquakes and OHKO-ing Togekiss with Stone Edge.

A nice wall core of Aggron and Florges but is shut down by Life Orb Sand Rush Excadrill, with a Swords Dance it will OHKO your whole team.
Why not use Slowbro over Aggron.
It can take earthquakes a lot better resist steel too and can do significant damage with a scald which also has a chance to burn.

Conkeldurr, I propose you change the EVs from 252 Atk / 252 HP to 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk as Conkeldurrs attack stat can fill the void after a bulk up or 2 and also run leftovers over life orb for way more longevity.
Run Mach Punch for some much needed priority as this team lacks that.
and Ice Punch to beat gliscor.

This one is quite minor but the things you need to hit with overheat are hit for about the same damage with Flamethrower in terms of OHKO's not sheer numbers and this won't make you lose momentum unlike Overheat which basically forces you to switch but again it's your choice.

This is a cool team overall but i think these changes can let it reach even higher on the ladder :)
i'll leave all the sets below for you to test and change as you see fit, enjoy :)

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 Atk / 176 SAtk / 216 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage/Substitute

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

- Bulk Up

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

I'd recommend just scrapping the Conk set you have here and going with your typical AV conkeldurr. LO is just not fitting for Conk, especially if you're wanting to use guts since none of those moves get a boost from sheer force.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)