Project OU Theorymon

After reading through all the discussion points (all were very interesting to say the least and so was the slate), I finally made my choice.

My vote is for Doublade + Bulletproof

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Shaymin + Grass / Fairy-typing and Flower Veil

Everything else disgusts me with their bulky asses that help fat teams. Or is Doublade.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
im late so 4 one liners before my vote

cress sux cos the point of knock off is getting rid of recovery, and now you rely on the best recovery move in the game which has so much pp that if 1pp=1$ you can buy 8 whitehouses and still have some left for a cruise to mars, not to mention nice sandstorms and status. good typing but it's biggest issue is the recovery

doublade does the same thing it did earlier and now checks gar. im new but i like the old times when tmon was about fixing what was bad about a mon, and doublade not checking gar is not it's problem, it's recovery and reliance on eviolite

idk what shaymin does, does it have any fairy stab even? and it still doesn't have recovery but at least nice stab combo to be a fat grass over celebi and not die to every uturn

idk what unaware mandi does, it has foul play for all physical set up mons, so the best you did is make space for toxic/taunt over foul play?

Shaymin + Grass / Fairy-typing and Flower Veil is my vote

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not voting cress 'cause its fucking borked

Shaymin doesn't really do much; neither does mandi

Therefore, my vote goes to Doublade+Bulletproof

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Idk can I vote for my own? If so then cress if not then shaymin because I'd rather ensure the possibility of doublade getting smth good in the future. Idk if cress is rlly borked I suggested it because it punishes espeed from cancer running around everywhere rn like cb braviary, and it also can twave whatever tries to come in (and ice beam the grounds immune to twave). It can also run cool cm sets too due to great typing.clef 2.0 yn

Edit: just pointing out cress is overly reliant on moonlight for recovery which doesn't work as well in sand/rain and only has 8 PP. That definitely prevents it from being broken as it can be pretty easily stalled out, not to mention that cress has little to no offensive presence without multiple cm boosts. It's also easily worn down by status which is a huge Achilles heel on a cm user. Clef is probably better on most teams

Last edited:

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Solid countertplay to the Scald users, Thunder Wave spam and Rotom-W is always appreciated. Arguably better than Milotic last slate.

Tempted for Cresselia but it might be too good, at least Shaymin is more balanced in this defensive slate and has some nice resistances. Also, it has a niche of being an Aromatherapy that is immune to status, making it a very good cleric in a pinch.

Cresselia + Ghost/Fairy typing

(However, I personally hope that Shaymin will appear in a future slate, because it was cool as well.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)