Painter Song (Balanced Ubers Team)

This is my wifi ubers rmt. The name is a song that I was listening to when I was trying to think of a title. I have been active on po and the po forums, but I decided to c/p my rmt and post it on smogon too.

Team building process:

I knew that I wanted a stealth rock lead that packs a punch so I decided on dialga.

Next I knew I wanted a spin blocker that could also deal with stall. Giritina-o was perfect.

I knew I wanted a powerful physical sweeper that could also revenge kill, but wasn't too frail. Bulky extreme killer arceus was the one I picked, and one of it's biggest counters (groudon) was already dealt with by dialga and giritina-0.

I realized that opposing extreme killer arceus's would give my team trouble so I went with a groudon. The set I came up with is a little strange, but I want it to be able to phaze arceus multiple times if necessary and still be useful otherwise.

Next I needed a special wall (mainly to deal with kyogre) that could also set up more hazards. Ferrothorn was the best choice for this position.

And last, but not least, I need a special sweeper that can put holes in teams and sweep late game. After some thinking I decided on a pokemon that I have wanted to use for a while, Mewtwo.

A closer look:

Luck>Skill (Dialga) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Stealth Rock

Thunder for kyogre, Fire Blast for ferrothorn etc. and groudon (which is a 2hko in the sun), Draco Meteor for stab, and Stealth Rock for obvious reasons. This set isn't anything special, just meant to set up stealth rock and go out with a bang.

I named Dialga after Luck>Skill because they both like to eat ubers for breakfast.

Changes made:The ev's.

T-Dogg (Mewtwo) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

I have finally seen the light of mewtwo. It works great with groudon getting fire blast powered up, Ice Beam is for dragons, Psystrike for stab and blissey/chansey, and Grass Knot due to all of the kyogres and groudons running around. This is meant to revenge kill and sweep late game.

I named him after T-Dogg because he is awesome and from New Zeland like T-Dogg.

Changes made:Thunder to Grass Knot.

Jedgi (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Earthquake

With all of my hazards, I decided I needed a phazer. I also wanted something to phaze extreme killer arceus (I usually use a similar giritina set, but I already had giritina on my team). This set is overall useful, still hitting things like zekrom with earthquake, rest to make it hard to take down, sleep talk to prevent it from being helpless while it has smecksy dreams about me, and roar for reasons already explained.

I named him after Jedgi because groudon has smecksy dreams about me just like Jedgi.

Grasseh (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

This is my favourite ferrothorn set. I never use a different one. Thunder wave makes people rage and helps arceus to set up and giritina to sweep. Spikes for more hazards, and to help arceus, mewtwo, and giritina score some ko's that they wouldn't normally get. Leech seed is for recovery and power whip for stab. Gyro ball would be useless on this set since I have thunder wave and power whip hits the pokemon I want ferrothorn to take care of harder.

I named ferrothorn after Grasseh because they are both grassehlicious.

ChaosPenguin (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

This is a great sweeper. Lum berry prevents annoying status (mainly against ho-oh because without this I would be wrecked by ho-oh). Extreme speed is for stab and priority, swords dance to make it's amazing attack even scarier, recover to help it live longer and set up more, and shadow claw is for giritina. This set is great because it almost always gets a sweep with the team support I have.

I named Arceus after ChaosPenguin because they both enjoy kicking ass.

Emily (Giratina-O) @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 Atk / 216 SAtk / 52 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor

This is a stall breaker, spin blocker, and just over all a great pokemon. Hidden power fire is for annoying stell type walls. Shadow Sneak is stab and priority and it gets good coverage in ubers with all of the psychic types. Draco Meteor and Outrage are special and pysical stabs.

I named giritina after -Manaphy- Test Team (that wouldn't fit so I just put her name, Emily) because that is where I got the set, and they both > your mom.

Threat list:

Mewtwo: He can't set-up on anything, and he'll get Paralyzed and killed off. It still can give me problems though.

Lugia: He gets Paralyzed and Leech Seeded by Ferrothorn, he can't really do much to my team anyways. It's still annoying as hell though.

Ho-Oh: Can be annoying with Burns, Giritina + Arceus + hazards take care of it usually, but it almost always dents my team.

Latias: Arceus can set up on it, Ferrothorn laughs at it's attacks and Paralyzes it.

Latios: See Latias.

Kyogre: Ferrothorn, Arceus, and Giritina-O can all deal with him (Giritina and Arceus to a lesser extent).

Groudon: Doesn't really do much to my team, and Dialga, Mewtwo, and Giritina all take care of him.

Rayquaza: With rocks up I can 2hko with extreme speed from Arceus while it cannot ohko me, Dialga (if at full hp) can survive it's attack and ohko back.

Deoxys-A: Ferrothorn, Giratina-O, and Arceus all beat him easily.

Dialga: I don't have a direct counter, although he can't really do much to this team, and is dented/dies to my own Dialga. Bulk Up Versions are Leech Seeded by Ferrothorn/killed or phazed by Groudon

Palkia: Ferrothorn walls non-Fire Blast versions. Most of the time I have to beat it with intelligent play (baiting draco meteor and switching to ferrothorn, etc.)

Giratina: Is Complete Set-up fodder for Ferrothorn. Giratina-O does a lot with Draco Meteor + Outrage, and Dialga can draco meteor it.

Giratina-O: Dialga kills it off, walled by Ferrothorn after a Draco Meteor.

Manaphy: Ferrothorn is a good check, and Dialga/Mewtwo can Thunder it. Groudon also sets up sun to stop it from resting.

Darkrai: If it's not running a sash/sash is broken mewtwo handles it just fine. The only annoying thing is sleep, but arceus can extreme speed it and has lum berry, and the sleep clause prevents it from doing much to my team.

Shaymin-S: Seed Flare and Air Slash can be annoying to this team, but Dialga can help against it, and Arceus can keep Extremespeeding it until it dies.

Arceus: I'm not gonna go over every forme, but basically Groudon/Giritina-O beat SD Versions. Calm Mind versions have to be played around, but Ferrothorn usually puts enough of a hole in it where my team can beat it.

Reshiram: Annoying as hell as I have sun on my team, but Dialga/Giritina-O can usually beat it.

Zekrom: Ferrothorn walls it, Dialga can kill it depending, Arceus sets-up on Paralyzed ones, and Groudon deals with almost all variants.

Ferrothorn: Dialga Fire Blasts, Giratina-O can HP Fire when there is no Rain, and Arceus can set-up on it.

Forretress: Giratina-O comes in on the spin and then laughs in its face with a sun boosted hidden power fire (sturdy is broken if it's trying to spin).

Espeon: The only thing it does is try to Magic Bounce Ferrothorn, but it's easy to predict and is easily ko'd by power whip.

Garchomp: Ferrothorn, Groudon, Giritina, and Arceus can all deal with it depending on what it's locked into (Groudon takes care of it regardless of that).

Chansey: Set up bait for ferrothorn, and groudon, arceus, and giritina all can handle it easily.

Blissey: See Chansey.

Terrakion: Groudon takes care of it, and it's not really even much of a threat to my team anyways.

Scizor: Groudon, Giritina, and Dialga all can deal with it just fine.

Importable:
Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Stealth Rock

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Groudon @ Leftovers
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 Atk / 216 SAtk / 52 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems

-Timid Specs Ogre gets a solid switch in on Groudon and 2HKOes your whole team with Water Spout.

-Nothing you have can take a Specs Blue Flare from Reshiram. Flame Charge Reshiram also 6-0es your whole team, getting a free boost on Ferrothorn.

-Heatran walls your whole team.

Solutions

- Put Aura Sphere and Calm Mind on Mewtwo over Grass Knot and Fire Blast.

You don't really need Grass Knot because Ice Beam/Psystrike cover Groudon and Kyogre well enough. Aura Sphere retain Ferrothorn coverage but also gives you a move to hut Tyranitar and Heatran, who would otherwise wall you. Calm Mind gives you a defense against certain types of Calm Mind Arceus by letting you set up alongside them than smashing their lower Defense with a boosted Psystrike.

-Put Earthquake on Arceus over Recover.

Recover does have its merits, but not getting walled by Heatran is more important. Normal/Ghost is also rather easy to wall.

Alternatively, if you wanna keep Recover, put EQ on Giratina-O instead, probably over HP Fire. If turns Giratina quite a good Heatran lure, since most Trans don't except EQ. I like the first option better so Giratina-O can still do something to Skarm, Ferrothorn, and Forretress, though.

-Replace Dialga with Scarf Palkia.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
-Timid Nature
EV: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 whatever
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Thunder
-Spacial Rend

Gives you a nice Reshiram check (it can take Blue Flare) and a switch in to Specs Ogre, as well as something that can outrun Mewtwo. Draco Meteor is for power where Spacial Rend is reliable, Fire Blast is for Steels and Thunder is for Kyogre and Lugia.

You can use Earth Power or Aura Sphere over Spacial Rend is Heatran is still a huge problem, however.

Lastly, since you lose SR by doing this, change up your Groudon set:

Jedgi (Groudon) @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge / Fire Blast

Pretty basic. You lose recovery but become more useful at the same time. Dragon Tail > Roar because it deals damage and isn't blocked by Taunt. SR is SR, since you lost Dialga you'll need it somewhere. Stone Edge is there for Ho-Oh (Groudon can take a Sacred Fire), but Fire Blast is an option to kill unsuspecting Skarmory, which can open up an Arceus sweep. Pick the one you like best.

That's all my suggestions. Good luck with your team.

I really do not see the point of changing half of my team just to deal with a small threat that I have never seen in ubers. The only viable option you suggested is changing my mewtwo set, but grass knot is for groudon and kyogre, both of which can give me trouble and are way more common than heatran. Fire Blast deals with ferrothorn/other steels which also would give my team a lot of trouble without it, and it gets boosted by the sun. They only move I think is worth dropping is ice beam because I rarely use it, and the things it covers I can already deal with.

I would agree that Kyogre and Reshiram are the biggest threats to this team, but without changing any members, Mewtwo would probably be better off Scarfed as Arceus is the only type of priority you have.
Your Lugia issue could be solved by giving Mewtwo a Choice Scarf to Trick, as well as allowing revenge kills - but Taunt shuts Lugia down too.
As for Lati@s, HP fire and Trick are common so I wouldn’t be overly reliant on Ferrothorn as an check.
Dragon Tail > Roar on Groudon because sleep talk negates its negative priority.

Problems

You said Mewtwo will get paralysed and killed off. How can you paralyse it? Ferrothorn? The only thing your Ferrothorn is doing against Mewtwo is get roasted to death. Fire Blast is a guaranteed OHKO on your Ferrothorn without any Calm Minds in neutral weather. Giratina-O and Arceus can revenge kill Mewtwo at ~50% but you don't want to take a +1 Psytrike which OHKOes your current Giratina. Groudon, Dialga, Mewtwo are OHKOed by +1 Fire Blast. Arceus cannot come in on a full health Mewtwo and survive to tell the tale the next turn.

You paralyse Lugia and Leech Seed it. Then, what will you do next? Lugia walls your entire team lol. Lugia might not do much directly but he can fly your whole team around with Whirlwind and destroy your team with hazards. You have no spinner, so expect to take hazards damage repeatedly if you are facing a well played Lugia. Mewtwo's Ice Beam does ~50% and this isn't including Multiscale. Groudon gets PP stalled, Giratina-O is walled to death or killed by multiple Ice Beams but you can't kill Lugia because all he needs is a Roost or Recover. In sun, Dialga has close to no chance in breaking Lugia. Arceus gets Toxic by Lugia and stalled to death.

Blaziken and Victini will run over your whole team. You have nothing for those too. Blaziken is a deadly sweeper in Ubers so you have to prepare for it. Giratina-O? CB V-Create deals insane damage while a +2 Flare Blitz from Blaziken can OHKO your Giratina-O after Stealth Rock. Groudon is OHKOed by the same moves.

Reshiram OHKOes you whole team with Blue Flare, including Giratina-O. You said Dialga and Giratina-O usually beats it but both are outsped and OHKOed by Blue Flare.

Mixed Rayquaza can land a massive hit on everything and switch out with ease, Life Orb Draco Meteor can nearly OHKO your Dialga and Groudon. Everything else is OHKOed, Ferrothorn gets roasted. Put Dragon Tail on Groudon unless you fear Sub Ho-Oh too much. Your Groudon is doing nothing to Rayquaza only phaze it out.

Groudon and Giratina-O loses to SD Dragon Arceus. Groudon does nothing to it again, and can only Roar it out for no damage. If your Groudon stays in to Earthquake, you won't KO it while a +2 Outrage is a guaranteed 2HKO on Groudon. Giratina-O is OHKOed by Outrage. Ferrothorn is OHKOed by Fire Blast or Overheat. Mewtwo's Ice Beam fails to OHKO it. SD Ghost Arceus beats Giratina-O while your Groudon again does nothing but Roar it out. +2 Brick Break 2KOes Ferrothorn.

Solutions

Like Fireburn said, your team is Specs Kyogre weak and if Rayquaza sets up, he will not go down without taking someone down with it. I suggest putting Palkia over your Dialga and change your Groudon set. Using a Rest Talk Groudon isn't a good choice at all.
Put Dragon Tail on your Groudon.

Drop Grass Knot for Calm Mind. What will it do for you? Groudon is killed by Ice Beam and Grass Knot isn't OHKOing bulky Kyogre anyway. With Calm Mind you can actually sweep and less to prone to revenge kills.

I suggest you keep your Arceus set. Getting walled temporary by Steels isn't such a big deal. Recover really helps Arceus stay alive and +4 Extremespeed 2HKOes Heatran while Forretress can't do anything to you. Dialga can't really take out Arceus with any move and you can just Recover off Draco Meteor and stall out Fire Blast.

Minacciosa said:
Your Lugia issue could be solved by giving Mewtwo a Choice Scarf to Trick, as well as allowing revenge kills - but Taunt shuts Lugia down too
Dragon Tail phazes through Taunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)