Paranormal Activity

http://www.paranormalmovie.com/trailer/

damn it looks scary it came out today and I am ready to see it this week... What do you guys think about this movie? Do you like it? Why?

How may of you guys will see it, post your opinions here!

Personally I think it's gonna be pretty damn scary JusT by watching the preview.

Last time I saw PA2 I was alone with 4-5 friends, the whole room was alone only us..... needless to say... I got pretty damn scared..... we* xD anyways post your opinions here..

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Movies like these always make the trailer a ton scarier than the movie (for this reason I refuse to watch any scary movie trailer!) but after seeing the first two paranormal activities I can promise you it won't be good

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I bet the movie will be about as scary as me opening my sock drawer to get a new pair of socks

I found the first two more of a comedy than anything else. Not even interested in the third one but I just know a friend is gonna drag me into the movies at one point in the next two weeks.

Should have left it alone and never made another one after the first.
Sums it up perfectly.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
First one was great, very well done. I haven't bothered to see the 2nd and won't see the 3rd, because how many times can you rehash the same thing? And of course, if they're going to make a sequel they have to "improve" on the one before it, which is why everything looks over the top and completely ludicrous.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
the first one made me jump a lot, which is exactly what these movies are supposed to do. otherwise, there's no plot, characters could be played by anyone, etc. making two subsequent versions of the exact same idea is dumb.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The first Paranormal Activity was so overhyped. There was nothing remotely scary or even entertaining until the last 15 minutes. Hated it. I own the second one (bought 1 and 2 at the same time), but haven't even bothered watching because I hated the first one.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I saw the second one with my friends, hoping for a scare, but we were disappointed. It was ridiculously cheesy, to the point where we would crack up at some of the "scary" scenes, for example at one point the baby just begins to randomly float out of its crib, which was so cliche and cheesy. It failed to create tension, which was the entire point of it until the end, where it just got a little weird.The whole film was pretty much one goofy scene supposed to scare you to another, all though the ending was quite creepy. All in all, it was a pretty rubbish film, and I am certainly not going to bother watching the 3rd one (or 1st for that matter)
In other words: what steamroll said

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
the first time i ever saw paranormal activity was with rifftrax on top of it and its basically impossible for me to take it seriously now
(not that i would anyway)

Saw the new one, and it was pretty darn bad. Nothing really scared me at all, and it's really short. I'm glad I saw it with friends, but I probably should have saw Real Steel, lol.

saw it yesterday and really liked it, although im kind of a sucker for horror films. it made us all jump a lot, and we all pretty much agreed its the best one out of the 3.

yeah, it's pretty short, but it seems a lot of scenes were taken out for whatever reason because some friends were searching youtube for this movie and they ended up with a lot of videos about "deleted scenes" and stuff. they were pretty damn scary o.o

Looks like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of hate. I haven't watched it yet, but a couple of my friends saw it and said it was pretty good. Also on metacritic it has a score of 59 and on rotten tomatoes a score of 70. For a horror movie nowadays, those are pretty good scores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)