Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Flygon493

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yah.

I forgot the most convincing reason why I voted for Dragonzrule's. The hand can open and close for the animation. Giant tit squeeze? Yes, please.

Atroyki has a really nice sprite, and I am surprised to see so little votes for him.
I like Atroyki's sprite the most, but in the end, it was the colors that made me vote for KoAs, as I felt them more appropriate for this particular monster.

Voted for Dragonz because
- Pose is awesome
- Liked the color of the shiny

Out of the four, I would say Atyroki and Flygon had the best back sprites.
However, Dragonz front was better in terms of pose/coloration respectively. It was a tough competition between KoA and Dragonz, both having awesome front sprites. The slightly better looking back of Dragonz helped me make up my mind in choosing.

Can't decide between KOA and Dragon'z. All of them came out really well!

I have to say though if we were just voting on the shiny version, then KOA because those colors are so much better!

Lol, 1 vote. :( ...My vote goes to...Dragonzrule. Like I said before, KoA's is just boring to me, it doesn't really have as good a pose, and Dragonz IS the most D/P looking...

wow, that must hurt Flygon...

or not. you have two votes now.
I've gone through worse. I already said I don't care who wins, all the sprites were bad ass. And I don't really care because it was the first true sprite I've ever made(not counting fusions, since those are just copy+paste), never really expected to get a lot(albeit more than 2, but still...).

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
(KoA, you will have to color the official art once we decide on the sprite. Black and white art is a little annoying in Pokemon. We aren't playing on a Gameboy anymore.)
Oh damn, now I need to get a good CGing tutorial. :(

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
KOA and Dragonrulz was a hard choice, but eventually I went with KOA. Dragonrulz' problem is that the massive hand of win just overpowers the rest of the sprite. The other hand doesn't look nearly as well finished and just blends in too well with the rear bandages.

KOA's is still awesome and uniformly consistent.

Maybe we should have broken up the categories so that people could have voted for one artist's main sprite but another artist's back sprite.
Oh well. They all look pretty good in general to me, although there are parts of each that I don't like. I would be ok with any of them really, especially since it will probably end up looking like the last pokemon I sent out for most of the near future anyway.

EDIT: Based on pure aesthetic appeal, I most liked Flygon's; however, given that only my 2nd favorite (Dragon's) seemed to have enough votes to win, I went with it.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
All these sprites are fantastic. To all the artists -- don't read too much into the vote totals. The votes do not reflect the quality of each individual sprite. Everyone can only cast one vote for their favorite. If we could vote for all the ones that are good, they would all get every vote.

I know Hyra "recruited" many of you from the spriting thread, which is mostly a fusion thread. Making a good scratch sprite is much, much harder than making a fusion. The work you people have done here is so much better than most of the stuff in the fusion thread. Even if you get few votes, your work has been on display to a large and diverse audience. I applaud all your efforts.

I hope each of you continue to participate in future CAP sprite competitions. If anything, just to showcase your amazing spriting talents!

KOA and Dragonrulz was a hard choice, but eventually I went with KOA. Dragonrulz' problem is that the massive hand of win just overpowers the rest of the sprite. The other hand doesn't look nearly as well finished and just blends in too well with the rear bandages.

KOA's is still awesome and uniformly consistent.
This was the reasoning behind my voting for KoA, just Deck Knight just puts it so much better.

Voted for Dragonzrule's. That massive hand is so awesome. All the others are really good though. Already looking forward to the next spriting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)